Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition

Go down 
+15
CHOZEN_1
CoughSplutter
Perfect Jack
boschbourne06
Chozen one
hodge13
Discopants
Keeno125
InvincibleIleak
thegunman84
shroom_v1
feяgie22
Sexton Hardcastle
Rocky2
Junior
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Empty
PostSubject: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:58 pm

People always like to talk /boast/moan about how there football manager seasons are going so why not create a thread (YES another fm thread) but seriously if you dont play the game BUY IT itll ruin youre social life but you will have meaningless achievements.

Ill start and partly the reason and motive for the task:

GHANA

After a great cup run and doing well in the Leauge with Gillingham i saw an opening as Ghana manager. I applied. I got the Job. And the rest as they say is history.....

They were allready qualified for the 2010 World Cup and drawn in a tricky group with a game v Germany followed by a game versues Republic of Ireland and to finish a challenging nailbitter Against South korea. The expectation to not even get a point just show a good account of themselfs as Ghana had been slacking dumped out of cup of nations during previous managers reign first time and had slipped to somewhere around the 60's in the Rankings.

Not even I can fudge that up?surley.... So i was all ready to go picked my squad (Which by the way did not impress the Media AT ALL! because they were all european based players ) i mean i even found room for chris flaming dickson!. So Game 1 it was on Ghana v Germany. Per expected by myself and the ghana fans and team . I lost. Meh however i think the score line was somewhat not in justice of the game .Defeat 2-0 by an own goal and a late goal.ouch.

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Game_110
Ghanain board wernt too disheartend and so i prepared for the next game South korea

WITHIN 11 minutes 1-0 down going out the world cup. AH shit! i nearly went angry german kid on the keyboards arse i tell you. Half time i totally ignored the team gave no team talk .good managing.i know. 1 minute in GOAL! fucking muntari 1-1 things now looking farley possible to miracle a win or even a point?. About ten Minutes later BAM 2-1... to MEEEEE .the next 32 minutes were nerve racking never to mention the 4 minutes of added time ¬_¬. But i did it i won a game!
Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Game210
Ghana board and media . estatic . job now secure Very Happy AND the board are "Glad i surpassed their expectations" trust me that phase comes back to bite me on the backside BIG TIME.

Next game ireland can i sneak a point go through on goal diffrence depend on other games? sneak a 1-0 win and go through. WELL take a looks for youreself.
Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Game_310
3 goals in the last 3 minutes!!!! Helped me to an estaic win with help from a missed ireland penalty which i think would of buried me . Everyone estatic job very secure now.

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Ggroup10

I was full of Confedience .....Ghana against Holland in second round..ah fecker.

Nintey minutes gone a bore draw .extra time fastley being discarded penaltys enevatable untill the 113 minute mark 7 minutes from time oh the HEARTBREAK for them! Own goal golden goal oh dear holland ahaha Smile

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Game_410

I was begging for ukraine in the quarters as I KNEW I COULD BEAT UKRAINE And playing ghana in the quarterfinal is Italy.:@ Wanker.

Game kicked off i played 4-2-4 i thought fuck it go out in fashion. 5 mins gone 1-0 up. 9 mins gone 1-1 . I realised this tactic was sucide and reverted with HASTE. Yet in the 28th and 38th minute i scored i was 3-1 up against SPAIN with GHANA! at half time and i held the lead. Untill stoppage time added on will be 5 minutes (was around that anyway) .SPAIN SCORE .ahhh......... held out though and partied like it was 1993 babey.

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Game510

Know i now what youre all thinking by now youre luck cant go on i felt the same way but i could still be drawn with ukraine and id rather them than brazill or italy. THEN I REALISED ukraine had knocked out germany and argentina.

I was drawn with Italy i finally lost. MEH semi finals is not bad for a team not expected to win a game ill be a ghanian legend!!surley.....
But the thing that hurt the most is i missed a late penalty to take it to extra time and a possible world cup final . i cried.inside.

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Game_610

ALSO turns out that i couldnt beat ukraine got stuffed 3-0 in the 3rd place playoff.

ANYWAY the ghanian board loved me like you can imagine. HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

no.

a short while after the rankings came out

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Rankin10

Pressed continue.

NEW EMAIL : blah blah youve been sacked as GHANA
WHAT!

the reason given was a team with a reputation like ghana can not be seen to be managed by a manager so uknown at this level

TOSSERS.
======================================

You proablly only browsed over that at most but meh it got some ventailed e-anger out

SHARE youre fm pains and maybe even triumphs
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:03 pm

taking th piss out o taking th piss out o taking th piss out o
Sacked after taking them to the semis...when not even expected to win a game?!
Can you reply to the email or do something similar, would have been great to call the press and quote the Ghanian board as being "wankers" lol.

Which job did you take after that, should be another international side really so you can get some revenge!
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:18 pm

well im still gillingham manager as i was both i applied for ROI job as there manager got sacked but fucking david o leary got it instead DAVID o leary ffs
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Country : Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition England-1

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:00 pm

I was aiming for somthing like you june, had a west ham game, ended up raping the premiership with parker and collison then nigeria job came up, ( i finished 3rd with west ham) but when I applied it said they wanted me, they offered me the job and then nothing happened I was just still west ham boss, which annoyed me i mean i signed and then it didnt let me be the nigeria boss lol.

only really just started new season as west ham boss, but cba at the minute to do anything.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Try applying instead of waiting untill they offer thats what i do early bird and all that
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:24 pm

nah they offered me after i applied, i clicked to sign then every day it would do the same msg, offered job, accept. nothing. offered job, accept, nothing.

i actually finished 2nd i just looked haha lost in the fa cup final 1-0 to fucking chelsea too.

2nd season will be hard cos of expectations and ridiculas schedule with the champions league. just trying to find the perfect pacey striker for reletively cheap lol.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:29 pm

sychev is a good buy or some argentina bloke name slips my mind la something like lavezzi
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Country : Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Untitl11

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Ha , get it up ye
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 5:40 pm

I've just started as manager of North End. The worst thing that's happened so far is being 3-1 up against West Brom after 20 minutes, only to lose the game 4-3. Oh and the majority of my defence is out injured as well Grr
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Take the training easier and try going in to talks easy rather than hard should at least stop too many more getting injured
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:00 pm

This year I took a break from my usual always start as Rangers, as I wanted to go a shit team with money. So Notts County it was, at least the money they have in the game seems to actually exist.

Season 1: Won League 2. Piece of piss.

Season 2: Won League 1. Piece of piss once again.

Season 3: Championship was actually a bit of a challenge. I was doing utter shite for the first half of the season, languishing in mid table as the chairman had expected, but I had told him we would get promoted so I had to change something. Switching tactics from my usual 4-1-3-2 to a sorta 4-1-2-2-1 all of a sudden I couldn't stop winning and I finished second Very Happy

Season 4: Premiership time at last, time for me to get an ass kicking I thought. Actually went really well and I finished 6th beating Man Utd twice and Liverpool once during the season. Was fucking useless in the cups though.

Season 5: Was involved in a tight race for the title with Man City. With 5 games to go I had a bit of a lead and just needed 1 win. I lost every remaining game, but thankfully Man City lost to Man Utd to hand me the title. Also won the League Cup and Europa League that season.

Season 6: Not too far into this season, but currently sitting 2nd in the league. My board expects me to make the semi's of the Champions League though, which may be a big ask. My players are good but not great yet as they're all still really young. Oh well looks I'll end up with the sack and somebody else will inherit a great bunch of young guys.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:32 pm

whats youre xi?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Well I've really got 22 players that get rotated depending on injuries and who got a rating below a 7 in the last match. I suppose my best 11 though would be:

GK - Matej Delac
DR - Francesco Rossini (regen)
DL - Royston Drenthe
DC - Havard Nordtveit
DC - Matteo Darmian
DM - Miguel Vidal (regen)
MC - Martin Galvan
MC - Alexandre Coeff
AML - Hatem Ben Arfa
AMR - Eduardo Salvio
ST - Neymar

Drenthe, Darmian and Salvio are all likely to be replaced at the end of the season though, as there's plenty of young guys on the verge of breaking through and they've all pretty much reached their potential, and it's not quite good enough. Darmian might stay though, he's been my captain for about 3-4 years now and he's fairly consistent.
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Nine games without a win at the moment, haven't played it for a few days for fear of throwing my laptop against the wall lol!
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
Well I've really got 22 players that get rotated depending on injuries and who got a rating below a 7 in the last match. I suppose my best 11 though would be:

GK - Matej Delac
DR - Francesco Rossini (regen)
DL - Royston Drenthe
DC - Havard Nordtveit
DC - Matteo Darmian
DM - Miguel Vidal (regen)
MC - Martin Galvan
MC - Alexandre Coeff
AML - Hatem Ben Arfa
AMR - Eduardo Salvio
ST - Neymar

Drenthe, Darmian and Salvio are all likely to be replaced at the end of the season though, as there's plenty of young guys on the verge of breaking through and they've all pretty much reached their potential, and it's not quite good enough. Darmian might stay though, he's been my captain for about 3-4 years now and he's fairly consistent.

i love neymar hes class but galvan is rubbish for me how did you make him reach his potential
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah Neymar's pretty good, and if he isn't working out then I can throw on Nemeth, usually one or the other will get the job done.

Galvan I just signed, so he may not work out but he'd doing fairly well so far. He might have a different potential rating in your game though, he has a potential of -10 meaning he's given a random potential every time you start a new game, I think between 150-200 but I'm not sure. He was at Bayern Munich in my game for a while, so maybe they helped him improve a lot.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 2:20 pm

ahh so is that what the minus numbers are :s a random higer potential i always wonderd what they were :S

is that liverpools nemeth youre on about?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 7:23 am

Yeah that's the one, nothing special though. If Neymar's skill isn't working though, usually his physical presence will do the job then. I think he has a potential of -9 which i try to stay away from as they could have a potential as low as 130, which both Marquinhos and Rodrigo Possebon have in my game as they were pretty shit for me.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 pm

iv signed nemeth on loan seems ok butas for possebon eurgh he was awfull played below par and he got sent off 3 times in 10 games :@ and took a helathy chunk of my transfer bill
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Where do you see potential at?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Keeno125
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
Keeno125

Country : Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Scotland-2

Location : Scotland Number of posts : 287 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Cm Punk
Christian
Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Hahahahahaha!!!

That is unlucky mate, but you have to admit that the international jobs do go very easily in both the game and real life! The thing i love about FM10 is how nerve biting it actually is, especially when you're managing a team you support, I was Rangers, and i remember going into the last game of the season needing a win to Clinch the title, and i was 2-0 down at half time.

Then i ended up getting to 2-2 with like 3 minutes left, and i got a penalty in the last minute, so i slowed it right down just for dramatic effect. And Kris Boyd missed the penalty by hitting the post, and it came back to him, and i shit you not, he hit the post with the fucking rebound and then tapped in after that. I actually jumped up and went, YASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! But for the first bit after the penalty it was the worst like 10 seconds of my life!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:16 pm

My worst experience was with Leeds.

Got them in the Prem after 4 seasons and we were looking pretty decent. Then, around Xmas the club gets taken over. Fair crack, more money Smile

Turns out they did indeed by the club, and swiflty kicked my arse out replacing me with Curbishley HeadBash

Even though it's a game I still hold this against Curbishley in real life.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 pm

haha and leek its in the editor which iv never used to my advantage tum de tum
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 10:21 pm

fuck it just decided to start as england manager for a change, unbeaten streak of 5 or 6 since i took over now Brazil

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:43 pm

I just got stuffed 7-0 at home

Shoot You Beotch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition   Triumph And Tragedy Of Football  Manager :2010 Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Triumph And Tragedy Of Football Manager :2010 Edition
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next