Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Football Manager

Go down 
+5
Sexton Hardcastle
boschbourne06
Discopants
Grecian
RainbowDeej
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Number of posts : 362 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shelley, Robert Roode and Christian Cage.

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:12 am

I've been a fan of the FM series since about 2002 now, but couldn't play last years due to a shitty computer :-(

Just wondered if anyone else plays the game, if so suppose you may as well answer the normal questions.
Who do you normally start with?
What's your biggest success?

afro
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:34 am

I got FM2008, and I honestly suck at it!

I usually start low down (FC Haka in Finland in my last failure), my biggest success is usually keeping a clean sheet! Although I did somehow win the FA Trophy with Oxford in a previous game.
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Number of posts : 362 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shelley, Robert Roode and Christian Cage.

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:40 am

Laughing That's actually really bad!

I normally do an opening game with a team like Tottenham (Although will go for Stoke this year) and build them up until I win the Premier League. Then I like to try random clubs and just build up a team.

On FM08 I managed to get Oxford up to winning the Prem and just losing the Champions League Final- gave up midseason after that.

Hate trying to manage abroad, unless it's a well known Spanish/Italian club Razz
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:09 am

Have 3 games going this year.

One with Rushden & Diamonds, managed to take them to League 1 fighting for promotion.

Another game with Sunderland, got them as Premier League winners.

The a silly game with AC Milan as "sugar-daddies" (basically unlimited funds) which was well easy.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:32 am

whens 2010 out ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:01 pm

30th October (I think)
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 pm

I normally do an opening game with a team like Tottenham (Although will go for Stoke this year)

----

bad bad man! be ashamed.

---------

Usualy start with: crewe. of course. biggest sucsess, got crewe into the premiership (fm 08) after 3 seasons, i.e promotion, promotion, in the prem. where i got up to the top 6 after a good start, then the game broke so it cant advance past a middlesboro vs crewe match, no matter what you try to skip, play, holiday anything.

fought my way out of league one, had a couple of good loans. in the championship i loaned murphy back, from fulham, as he was only in reserves and he led us to the prem with a hat full of goals and assists. in the prem i got james vaughan and he was immense lol.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Grecian has inspired me to take over some cloggers in the non leagues now though Mines a Pint
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Quote :
I normally do an opening game with a team like Tottenham (Although will go for Stoke this year)
----
bad bad man! be ashamed.

It's not as if I always use Premier teams, will probably try and do a League 2 to Prem save again- they're always fun. :-)

My favourite game has to be when the Arsenal team was quite overrated and I managed to put together a team that didn't lose a game in two seasons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 pm

i mean cos its stoke Sick

bad man
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:00 pm

Hammered exeter 3-0 sorry grec Wink

couldnt get a win for a few games but york are now on the up.

gave 18 yr old rhodes his first game and he scored a hattrick What a Face
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
Hammered exeter 3-0 sorry grec Wink

You bastard!

I did have FM2007 on my PSP, and got Exeter from the Conference to the Premiership in 6 seasons, then won the Champions League 5 years running. I thought it'd be easy to switch, but dear Christ, was I wrong!

My main problems seem to be once my team starts losing, I seem to go anywhere between 10-15 games without winning. I always seem to concede just after scoring, my board has utterly unrealistic expectations. If I start with a big club, none of the players want to play for me because I have no reputation and end up getting sacked. I've started yet another game as Shelbourne in Ireland, and I've won the first 2 games of the season. And I've done that by leaving them all on 'general' training, and not changing the tactics at all. Weird.
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Sexton, I'm thinking there's about another 10 teams worse than Stoke Wink

And I think FM07 was a good gae but much preferred 08. Buzzing now I've pre-ordered FM10
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Grecian wrote:
If I start with a big club, none of the players want to play for me because I have no reputation and end up getting sacked.

Ya can add a bit of history for yourself you know?

It's on the add manager bit, says "previous career" and you can pick international footballer, club player or sunday league player (summit like that anyway).
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Another good thing about FM10 is the editor. Apparently you can add new leagues and competitions very easily.

Might do a game where I knock two 0's off the prize money of every major sporting competition and see how it effects the clubs.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:09 pm

i like to keep it real.

my part timers are starting to kick into gear now, decent unbeaten streak now they are used to full time training etc.

was wondering why the strikers couldnt score for a while, but i guess if theyv only played part time football in NI its acceptable lol

who do you actually support rainbow? best hadnt be the clayhead scum
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Haha, well never really grew up in a football family and have lived all over the country. So I pretty much watch every game as a neutral as I don't support anyone. Although will always want an underdog to win, or a team that plays sexy football Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:43 pm

pick some lower league cloggers as your own then lol

whatever the most local clogger team to you is now, claim, maybe even go catch a game, live football is best.
Back to top Go down
RainbowDeej
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
RainbowDeej

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Oh, I live pretty much just on the outskirts of Coventry and a lot of my mates are Coventry City fans so I have been to a couple of games with them, although haven't been to an away one with them.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 pm

In fm 08 i remember i won the league with Chelsea ( Pandev is a machine) and the champions league and i took the Argentina job (while remaining the Chelsea boss) for the 2010 wold cup and i beat Ivory Coast in the final. I remember because Crespo scored in the last minute
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:08 pm

lower league games are so much more fun.

70 % win record at york Neutral

got leeds in the FA cup first round (rivals)

phillip hughes the part timer from ireland can not miss now.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:48 pm

im usually Bristol City and get them to 8th or 9th at highest but the board want promotion so i end up being fired
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:11 am

im going to look a twat as everyone is a little team im always Arsenal as i support them i always finish 2nd or 3rd at the start cos we start of storng and just like arsenal have our bad spell at the wrong time i bring in a couple of good players brought Henry back lol and within 2 seasons i won Champions league and the league
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:33 pm

be slough lol
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:54 pm

lool i was once they were shite might start with them on the new one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Football Manager Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Manager   Football Manager Empty

Back to top Go down

Football Manager
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next