Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Premiership Discussion Thread

Go down 
+19
Rocky2
Saint Jimmy
thegunman84
Sexton Hardcastle
podegarudo
InvincibleIleak
boschbourne06
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
Mat143(Mike hill)
Hardcore Waffles
Mackem
bazz23-v2 ®™
JacMan
the-gaffer
Perfect Jack
CoughSplutter
feяgie22
hodge13
Discopants
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Yeah their are trains that run on match days to OT from Piccadilly and Oxford rd, there are loads of ways to get there, I will only ever get on a train if there is no other way. hate those things.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Anyone else getting really sick of all this shit about that De Jong tackle?? you see worse every fking week in the lower league's.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:58 am

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Anyone else getting really sick of all this shit about that De Jong tackle?? you see worse every fking week in the lower league's.

Aye it's getting annoying now. He's been dropped from the dutch squad apparently. Also i heard Nigel (yes I call him Nigel as we are close friends) wanted to go and see Ben Athur in hospital but he didn't want him there. Yes it was a bad tackle by Nigel but as you said there are worse than that most weeks.

The wolves player, Henry i think it is, done a similar tackle on a Wigan player in the same week.

Also earlier in the week I was listening to Talk SPort and Danny Murphy was on about dirty tactis and mentioned Wolves, Blackburn and Stoke in particular.

Now I don't agree with players going out to delibrety injure players but it has gone a crazy and getting to the stage where you cant tackle anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:27 am

wolves blackburn and stoke do use dirty tactics really though. But i think that diouf going at the keeper shite is worse in a way because it is just blatant thug tactics, rash tackles are more about the timing and how pumped up a player is and murph was saying if you go in that hard, there is rarely a good outcome. That karl henry, even if he got the ball, the speed he went in at the guy could have broke both his legs anyway and at the end of the day is there the need for him to do that on halfway? Really...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:29 am

oh and the dutch dropped him? They already forgotten the world cup final then?
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Can't believe that result at Old Trafford,from 2-0 down as well.

Great stuff Baggies!
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Man utd, Swansea, Millwall, Cardiff, Stevenage, Accrington Stanley to win, Leicester to draw. £5 bet = £1397.62p. Man Utd of all teams knocked me out if a nice win. TWATS

Should of listened to Bazz Grr
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:01 pm

Mackem wrote:

Should of listened to Bazz

I'm always hearing that. Wink

Not even gonna bother talking about the game but good luck to West Brom. £40 fucking notes that cost me. Getting real sick of being ripped off every game I go to.

There was a very strange atmosphere at OT today, even before they came back. I can't put my finger on what it is but Ive a strong feeling we are going to see a sharp dip in attendance's soon.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:37 pm

I was gonna get tickets for today actually, but it was sold out Neutral

And isn't there still a huge waiting list for season tickets too?

Also, nice to see Newcastle scrape a point from Wigan, at this rate they might have to settle for 4th place...

Last edited by Discopants on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Well the season ticket allocation this season didn't sell out, it was a drop of something like 2000-3000 can't remember now.

I think more people are just picking and choosing what games they go too these days because more and more of us have been priced out of out season tickets.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Hmm, tomorrow's headline, Hodgson sacked?
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:09 pm

I hope not, they need stability at that club and Hodgson is the man to give it to them.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Great result for the might blues there Smile

Couldn't fault anyone in an Everton shirt, a fully deserved victory.

Its great to see that we are finally playing well and getting results which at the start of the season we couldn't seem to do. With the table being so tight I think Everton can push on and move up the table, maybe sneak into Europa League but I still think we need to buy another striker and Yak doesnt look like hes going to score, same with Saha and Beckford looks out of his depth and Anichebe just isn't good enough.

Blackpool have started well. I like watching them as they dont half pass it well.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:33 pm

im not normally one for wanting the quick removal of managers, but hodgson, as much as i respect the guy, just isnt right for the liverpool job, and we need to get him out before the january transfer window
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Who would you get in though?

Are you a Red podegarudo?
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Jurgen Klinsman. He concentrates on youth and counter attack. Hodgson isn't right for the club at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:56 pm

I would have thought that Martin O'Neill would have been high up on Liverpool fans lists to be honest
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:05 pm

No chance, he didn't really take Aston Villa anyway, and we need a manager who will work with the owners not go against them, O'Neil demanded money off of Lerner a lot, and didn't seem to do a lot with it. Klinsmann kick started the youth movement in Germany, I'd hope he'd bring a similar mentality to Liverpool.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:20 pm

InvincibleIleak wrote:
No chance, he didn't really take Aston Villa anyway, and we need a manager who will work with the owners not go against them, O'Neil demanded money off of Lerner a lot, and didn't seem to do a lot with it. Klinsmann kick started the youth movement in Germany, I'd hope he'd bring a similar mentality to Liverpool.

I think Liverpool need a major clear out next summer and try and push forward some youngsters but its whether they are actually good enough. Theres far too much deadweight in the team.

With me being an Evertonian you could say that my opinion is biased but I think that I am fair when it comes to football, but I honestly think that Everton are on par with Liverpool in terms of strengths of squads now. Your starting XI may be better but altogether I think Everton are on par now. Thats just my opinion anyway.

I feel kind of sorry for Hodgson. Hes inherited a shit squad and a club with financial problems and he seems to be getting the blame for it, as lets face it Liverpool where shite last year under Benitez, so its not as if their problems all started under Hodgson. He needs more time and I'd keep him in personally if it was down to me but he needs major financial backing in order to bring in new top quality players which Liverpool desperately need because Torres looks disinterested and Gerrard looks a shadow of his former self and with them two being their two best players as Cole has had a nightmare of a start and Liverpool seem to always look to these players to produce something where as the big clubs e.g. Man Utd and Chelsea have many different players who can produce something e.g. Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Malouda, Kalou all can score goals, same as Man Utd who have Berbatov, Rooney and Hernandez as well as Scholes, Giggs and Nani. Liverpool just simply dont have that strength in depth that they used to have and the teams above them have (by that I mean teams in the Top 4) as they could have Owen, Heskey, Litmanen and Gerrard to share out the goals and even people like Riise and Hyypia used to bang in a few. Can you imagine Skertl or Carragher scoring 5/6 goals a season? I cant.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:19 am

Saint Jimmy wrote:
I feel kind of sorry for Hodgson. Hes inherited a shit squad and a club with financial problems and he seems to be getting the blame for it, as lets face it Liverpool where shite last year under Benitez, so its not as if their problems all started under Hodgson.

the problem is that he plays a style of football (hoofing the ball from defence up to the target man) that we arent suited to and wont endear him to the fans, and the reason i want him out sooner rather than later is because he has already alienated agger (who i feel is our best centre back) to the point where i wouldnt be surprised to see him leave in the next window, and i dont want any more players to get into that frame of mind

who would i bring in, a tough question, oneill and klinnsmann arent for me, o'neill spent something like 100m+ during his time at villa, and they still have a threadbare squad, and klinnsman has flopped in the only club job he has had

if it were me, id be looking at martin jol, was underrated in his period at spurs and is a top quality manager
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:01 am

But Ajax stopped him moving to Fulham, so it would surely just be the same if we went for him.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:37 pm

I always thought Germany was high on youth but yeah that is the way to go. I hope Ferguson does that with Cleverley and the likes. I wouldn't mind going two or three seasons trophyless just to see development in our players.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:
I always thought Germany was high on youth but yeah that is the way to go. I hope Ferguson does that with Cleverley and the likes. I wouldn't mind going two or three seasons trophyless just to see development in our players.

Agreed!

The only thing with that though is the owners have to be really strong and focused on the big picture, and unfortunately I couldn't ever see that happening. The media would love nothing more than to write about the empire crumbling for the billionth time, and we have more idiot fans than ever these days, the kind of fan who calls for a player to retire because he has two shockers in a row. So could you imagine the fuss they would make going trophyless for 3yrs??

If Rooney wants out, let him go.

United > ANY player
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:35 pm

I'd give Hodgson more time, I don't think he'll get it though. I don't know if any Liverpool players have been claiming this but I don't see how the ownership issues can be blamed for the results. I doubt Torres gives a fuck who is in charge as long as he is getting paid.

Torres winds me up, he put no effort in against Everton from what I saw. I don't care how good you can be, if you want the ball, be prepared to drop back a bit to get it. He just seems to wait for it to come to him and while you may be able to get away with that playing with Spain, this Liverpool team are a different story.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:11 pm

our way of playing just isnt good enough though rocky, our tactics consist of carra or skrtel hoofing the ball upfield towards torres, or giving gerrard the ball and hoping he does some magic, we have players that are comfortable playing it on the ground, but hodgsons tactics dont allow that

and honestly, if i were torres, id be pissed off that all i can do for 90 minutes is to stay upfront and isolated feeding off 60 yard balls from carra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premiership Discussion Thread   Premiership Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Premiership Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next