Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Over The Limit Discussion Thread

Go down 
+6
bazz23-v2 ®™
dwindow
hodge13
Mackem
Grecian
Rocky2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Over The Limit Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:56 pm

I know there's still a few hours to go yet but I thought I'd kick pre-show discussion off now (while I'm waiting for the football to start).

Not sure if I will be around on here during the PPV, haven't done that since last year's WrestleMania but I hope to be. Anyone else?

I'm looking forward to this (although refusing to get my hopes too high for what is a WWE PPV) which I didn't think I would, considering it is one of the "B" PPV's. The card reminds me of one of the old SmackDown or RAW only PPV's they had near the beginning of the Brand split, with a few of the mid-card titles being defended and a couple of non title matches such as Sin Cara vs Chavo and Lawler vs Cole that don't involve two huge names. By that, I mean Cena vs Batista (at SummerSlam) or Triple H vs Taker were non title matches but they are in a different league to Sin Cara vs Chavo, if that makes sense.

Was there a reason given for Cena being able to choose the stipulation for the WWE title match? It's been said many times already but the I Quit stipulation makes the outcome 99% obvious. Cena will win by overcoming the odds by taking out both Riley and Miz and the boring cycle of Cena's career will continue.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:20 pm

I have to work tomorrow, so I'm recording to watch tomorrow night. Plus it's one of the more predictable cards, I can't see Orton, Cena or Sin Cara losing. The only match I'm interested in is Rey vs R-Truth, the rest of it is all a bit meh.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:30 pm

I can see Rey vs Truth ending in a disqualification due to Truth going nuts again. I'd much rather see Truth win cleanly to make a point that behind the new madness, the guy is a serious contender.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:59 pm

Recording it and watching it next Saturday as im working away all week. I'm with Grecian on this one. Very Predictable.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:12 pm

I want to stay up for it as i've finished uni now, however staying awake will be the issue cricket match today was a bit tiring
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:41 am

hodge13 wrote:
I want to stay up for it as i've finished uni now, however staying awake will be the issue cricket match today was a bit tiring

That is exactly the same with me, to a tee!!
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:07 am

ok, one of those cars will surely be involved in Miz Vs Cena later
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:16 am

This is the first time Ive heard Booker T on commentary.

He's terrible.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:04 am

loved Kane's reference to the non existant rapture as well as the Batista chants while Mason Ryan is in the ring
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:54 am

No bad PPV.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:28 am

found the ending of Miz Vs Cena bit rediculous tbh
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:18 am

hodge13 wrote:
loved Kane's reference to the non existant rapture as well as the Batista chants while Mason Ryan is in the ring

The crowd were not bad. They really got into Christian vs Orton.

I had to laugh when the woman in the front row, who had given no reaction to anything all night and only seemed to be there for the sole purpose of getting Cena's shirt, had her sign asking for his shirt completely ignored.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:30 pm

First time I've watched any form of wrestling in a while, didn't even bother watching WM. But having nothing better to do I decided to give this a shot.

That last match was some really bad stupid shit and did nothing for the Mizz, it was 2-on-1, WITH WEAPONS for what? 20mins or so. But surprise surprise Cena wins again. Its not even Cena winning that's the problem with this match its the way he won that's total bullshit. He was beatdown by two men for 20mins, then hits one with the FU and the other with the STFU and its over. Must be some sort of record that he only manged to use 2 of his 5 moves of doom, to actually beat two men.

Liked the Orton vs Christian match, obviously a Christian heel turn coming.

OH and that Batista guy who's with punk is the worst actor I've ever seen, and I've seen Hollyoaks .
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm wondering if Del Rio will join Nexus in the next stage of Punk's "plan" he mentioned on RAW a couple of weeks ago.

They could have just had Santino interrupt Del Rio last night, the fact that it was Kane and Big Show makes me think there is going to be a follow up to that confrontation. Perhaps Punk promises Del Rio that the Nexus can help him fulfil his destiny.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:21 pm

In the words of comic book guy from the Simpsons... WORST PAY-PER VIEW EVER!!

Sorry but it was the crappiest PPV i've ever seen and the best part for me was my dads face in response to my suggestions for Miz during the I Quit match such as “just tie the belt round Cena's neck and hang him from the camera arm until he says I Quit” and “tell Cena your gonna knock fuck out of that kid in the audience unless he says I Quit” and say what you like about my suggestions, it's still better than just using a tape recorder... then again even pulling a shotgun out and telling Cena to say I Quit or i'll shoot would be better than the stuff Miz tried (a belt... really)

Also how come nobody pointed out that Miz used the words I Quit several times throughout the match (ie; his speech at the start of the match used the words I Quit twice) and with the stipulation being whoever says I Quit loses, it means technically Miz lost the match straight away, lol!

Joking aside it just seemed like a lazy ppv with little wrestling and rehashed ideas such as twin magic and the typical Cena I Quit match which was exactly the same as his I Quit match with Orton years ago (ie; he gets beaten up all the way through, refuses to quit everytime, locks in STF and opponent says I Quit straight away), so for me the only decent match was Randy Orton vs Christian and even that was lower on the card than the Cole vs Lawler thing (i'm even calling that a match).

Speaking of the Lawler vs Cole match, what was the point of having Cole brag all the way through the show about what he's going to do in the match and that he's going to win, then try to get out of it with a sick note?

BTW how come every time Sin Cara wrestles they leave his yellow/orange ring light on all the way through his match?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:16 pm

in the I Quit match don't they have to be asked if they want to quit or whatever or have their opponent make them, so Miz saying it when not being made to by Cena would be their way around that.

Anyone else wanted it to be Swagger instead of Bret Hart to come out last night?
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:24 pm

hodge13 wrote:

Anyone else wanted it to be Swagger instead of Bret Hart to come out last night?

I did too as it would have made more sense for Swagger to come out and get revenge on Cole than Bret Hart come out and help the person he has history with get one up on a bloke he doesn't bother with.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:57 pm

I think the lighting in the Sin Cara matches is too make it darker so his botches are harder to see, but he fucked the finish up big time last night.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Just been reading WWE's Facebook page and you should see the amount of stick WWE is getting over the PPV, especially the part where Cena gets up as if nothing happened and wins, plus the Foley/Rock voice tape ripoff.

The funniest thing is those trying to defend WWE seem to believe it's real and come out with stupid stuff like these:

“Cena out wrestled an olympic gold medalist called Kurt Angle on his debut, so he can wrestle”

“All those people slagging off Cena should try getting beaten with sticks and belts for 10 minutes and see how long they last”

...oh and if you think thats funny then read the Capital Punishment article comments on there as they are arguing about Barack Obama on a WWE Facebook page.

It's stuff like this, todays PPV, PG stuff and all this “WWE Universe” talk that makes me ask myself “am I too old to be watching WWE” as I feel like WWE is turning into a kids show.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:21 pm

I can't help but think the way they made Christian shake hands with Orton at the end of the match was to try and make all the people that complained about Christian losing so soon not get even more pissed off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:29 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
I think the lighting in the Sin Cara matches is too make it darker so his botches are harder to see, but he fucked the finish up big time last night.

it annoys me when they first did it i thought it was a malfunction but they tried it when Kane first started
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:23 pm

I'd rather Christian turned last night then for WWE to drag it out for weeks. Should have gone to shake hands with Orton, kick him in the balls and hit the Killswitch. Job done.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:25 am

I think Over the Limit was ruined by the finish to Miz v Cena, Miz looked fairly strong throughout and to have him lose by a few leather belt shots and an STFU was ridiculous! It achieved nothing and really just fucked me off!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:08 am

Having watched it last night...

Cole vs Lawler: it was short, with the post-match played totally for laughs. This is exactly how it should have gone at Mania, rather than stretching it out for another 2 PPVs.

Orton vs Christian: a damned good match, my shout for match of the year so far. The crwod was into it, Christian got one hell of a reception... I'm hoping this is going to go down the Jeff Hardy 2009 route of getting closer and closer to regaining the title, before he finally manages it. It would stop him from turning heel (I don't think he needs to, aside from Orton, Smackdown doesn't have another main face). It would finally establish Christian as a main event guy, and prevent the almost inevitable Mark Henry vs Orton feud.

Cena vs Miz: this one has totally split me. on hand, it shagged all over Miz. On the other, I want to see SuperCena for the next year, all the way through to WM28 and The Rock. It'd make sure Cena is going to be the heel in that one... just hoping Miz gets a run with someone like Mysterio or even Triple H to try and rebuild him.

Barrett vs Jackson: as shite as this match was, with the obvious Corre run-in and DQ finish, at least it's afeud involving the IC title. Anything to give it some kind of prestige back.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Grecian wrote:
Having watched it last night...

Cole vs Lawler: it was short, with the post-match played totally for laughs. This is exactly how it should have gone at Mania, rather than stretching it out for another 2 PPVs.

Orton vs Christian: a damned good match, my shout for match of the year so far. The crwod was into it, Christian got one hell of a reception... I'm hoping this is going to go down the Jeff Hardy 2009 route of getting closer and closer to regaining the title, before he finally manages it. It would stop him from turning heel (I don't think he needs to, aside from Orton, Smackdown doesn't have another main face). It would finally establish Christian as a main event guy, and prevent the almost inevitable Mark Henry vs Orton feud.

Cena vs Miz: this one has totally split me. on hand, it shagged all over Miz. On the other, I want to see SuperCena for the next year, all the way through to WM28 and The Rock. It'd make sure Cena is going to be the heel in that one... just hoping Miz gets a run with someone like Mysterio or even Triple H to try and rebuild him.

Barrett vs Jackson: as shite as this match was, with the obvious Corre run-in and DQ finish, at least it's afeud involving the IC title. Anything to give it some kind of prestige back.

I could deal with a year of Cena if he gets a thunderous boo at Mania. Think Triple H 2002 return proportions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over The Limit Discussion Thread   Over The Limit Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Over The Limit Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1