Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

SmackDown Talk!

Go down 
+2
Sexton Hardcastle
the-gaffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:32 am

I really enjoyed SmackDown! this week, its usually always decent anyway, just felt it was good this week, whens the last time the same guy kicked off both RAW and SmackDown! on the same week?

Liking the way the US division is going right now, while it could still be better by having Kendrick in Chavo's position its still creating a lot of interest, looks good, looks like its set up for MVP to get another run with that strap, not sure if thats the right way to go, I think they could seriously move him up although a programme with Benjamin looks as if its going to be very entertaining, give Benjamin Tony Atlas and he could be a serious contender for the World Heavyweight Championship

Enjoyed the Miz and Morrison segment with the Bella twins and Carlito and Primo showing up as disguised waiters, although it had a big feeling of WrestleCrap written all over it, it seemed like a TNAish segment, but at this stage, anything getting Miz Morrison and Carlito on the screen deserves to be seen, really enjoying the feud, I'm positive they are building for a title v title undisputed championship match at Mania, expect both these teams to lose to each other in the next few weeks, each team winning their own title matches before it becomes Title vs Title at Mania

The Matt and Jeff Hardy feud is moving along nicely, something doesn't sit well though, Jeff has already said he has moved on and he doesn't hold a grudge against Matt, he doesn't want to fight him, its the same thing as The Undertaker said back in 1997 when Kane appeared, no doubt, they had there night at Mania, Bret did and said the same thing as well back in late 93 when Owen started making noises that he wasn't happy, by the end of SummerSlam94 they already had two 5 star matches at Mania and SummerSlam and tore it up all over the states at house shows, that being said, both those storylines had been fantastically successful so who am I to question redoing the same scenarios

Edge and Jeff had another good match, these two work brilliantly together, there has to be a World Title feud between these two some time this year, I'm hopeful that there is still time for a Triple Threat or fatal four-way at WrestleMania between Matt Jeff and Edge or if its the Four stick Cena in, what a main event division I think those four would make, particularly if Cena is booked to have a fair win loss average in comparison to the other 3, I think add The Undertaker and MVP into that then you have a serious 6 man World Title division for the year with the chance to break Christian into that latter on in the year

SmackDown became a second class citizen before the last draft, by that time I had stopped watching, it was a poor show with a severe lack of talent, however I don't think anyone would disagree that it got the better of the deal, this time though, I don't want many changes what so ever

John Cena I think would be awesome, obviously in place of Triple H, if not Cena, Jericho and Rey Mysterio, both of those guys would fit in perfectly on SmackDown with the other talent there, matches would be top class, I just feel RAW needs Jericho more for this coming year, with Triple H and Orton looking like having the big power feud of the year, I can see the title becoming a side issue for a while after the winner of the Mania match loses it, and when that happens I think Jericho Batista and the MITB winner might swap the title about before Orton and/or Triple H go back after it again

For the record although I've listed him as a possible main event guy on SmackDown! I think MVP will be one of the guys drafted to RAW and I actually think thats a good thing, SD opportunities will be few and far between, it allows him just now to keep winning in the division he is in with the occasional win higher up the card without really doing to much and then he can move on in the Draft with a decent push under his belt, I can actually see him winning the MITB at this moment in time

Last edited by the-gaffer on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:41 am

said to myself 'wow 4 guys for one mid belt' seriously that just dusnt happen now, could easily have been 1999,2000 but nope its NOW

brilliant show , booked like days of old
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:49 am

I also like how they are continuing to build Kozlov, I think most know its not going to go anywhere but as long as he is doing what he is doing just now its alright, it just means when it comes time for someone to go over him it can make it look as if it actually means something.

To be honest, I think the WWE are mad to get a Draft going in 6 weeks time, its the best balance they have had in years, although like I said, RAW could be doing with one or two better talents but that apart

Triple H and MVP for John Cena
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:52 am

what if the draft got cancelled in some elaborate story i cba to think of Wink
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:54 am

No one to authorise it?

If all the McMahons are out
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:58 am

the anarchy stuff was as most agreed a class RAW few weeks...teamed with edge HHH kozlov being on raw , vicky slyly declaring war? with sendin kozlov to raw to DESTROY a top dog , and no mcmahons...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:08 am

Think its all too much just now to be honest, I think Orton and Legacy and Triple H and the McMahons will dominate most of the year on RAW, well most of the next three or four months anyway
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:18 am

on that point HHH needs this fued its perfect for him, pat on the back of creative team. was momentous for him
to finally fully come out with the WIFE noise , no more gay kayfabe raping to,no longer can he act a tool in promos
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:23 am

I was disappointed when he finally came clean he called out Vince and Shane as his family first before naming Stephanie as his wife, unless Vince has another daughter it was obvious, and the canned pop from the crowd made it worse, as if the fans wouldn't realise after saying Vince was his father in law
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 5:27 pm

It was an excellent show this week, every segment was good to watch. I'm glad there is now a story in the tag division, mid-card and main event, as well as side feuds like Matt and Jeff.

Smackdown is continuing to be great, while Raw is getting better and better each week and ECW is a nice hour watch. WWE is improving a lot, hopefully it isn't because its just near Mania and that they will continue afterwards.

I don't think Miz and Morrison will win next week, I think they might leave that till Mania (undisputed tag team champions.) but the feud has been a good one, I liked the addition of the Bella Twins and I thought Miz and Morrison were very funny in the restaurant segment.

I think we've found where JBL will fit in at Wrestlemania. After last year I think they'll make the inter-brand match happen every year and this year it will be JBL vs. Koslov. All the rumors are saying HBK will face Taker so it seems right that the two people who lost out will battle.

I knew Matt was interfering as soon as the match was made but thought it was a good match anyway. I also want to see a three way feud between Matt, Jeff and Edge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 6:12 pm

The interbrand match is every year!
Back to top Go down
Pala!
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room
Pala!

Location : Dublin, Ireland Number of posts : 70 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock/CM Punk

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 7:01 pm

Very good show indeed. Seems as though its the Curious Case of Shelton Benjamin eh?

Razz

Midcard division really looking good, and I am loving the feud between Miz/Morison and The Colons (Colins as Miz/Morrison call them).

Next weeks show looks very good also.
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestlingforum.co.uk
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:09 pm

I wasn't watching around WM 23 and I don't remember one from WM 22 so where did you get that idea from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:49 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I wasn't watching around WM 23 and I don't remember one from WM 22 so where did you get that idea from?

Where did I get that idea?

The abilty to remember gives me that idea stupidity

WrestleMania 19 Hogan vs Vince

WrestleMania 20 Kane vs The Undertaker

WrestleMania 21 Michaels vs Angle and Randy Orton vs The Undertaker

WrestleMania 22 Edge vs Mick Foley, Foley was registered to the SD brand

WrestleMania 23 Umaga vs Bobby Lashley

WrestleMania 24 Batista vs Umaga

WrestleMania 25 wont need another interpromotional match with JBL and Kozlov, because it will have one with Undertaker and Shawn!

stupidity stupidity stupidity stupidity stupidity
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:50 pm

Not to mention potentially Orton vs HHH, Edge vs Cena...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Exactly Grec, WrestleMania 25 could soon look like a 'guess the brand match'
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:56 pm

But then, even if most of the card ends up being inter-promotional matches, the Draft afterwards will sort that out.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 pm

thats exactly why the draft was announced for the week after Mania
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Grecian wrote:
But then, even if most of the card ends up being inter-promotional matches, the Draft afterwards will sort that out.

i think ive solved this conundrum anyway, vickie declaring war on smackdown as there is no gm there... kiss *i hope anyway* goarn kozlov son
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:34 pm

Stephanie is the GM

Doubt an RKO will keep her out
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 pm

I watched my first full Smackdown for god knows how long tonight and like most people have already said, it was great.

The Edge promo at the beginning of the show wasn't pointless as such, but he didn't really say much apart from insulting the crowd and reminding us that he is the new World Champion. Jeff then comes out, mocks Edge about his relationship with Vickie and gives Edge a Twist Of Fate setting up the main event for tonight which sounded and was good.

The Divas match was the usual (crap), Maryse managed to strike a pose everytime the camera was on her which is an achievement in itself lol. Eve is already better than Maria after just two matches.

I think next up was the HHH interview with JR which wasn't really an interview at all, it was just Triple H saying that Orton had crossed the line before storming off. Again, like the Edge promo at the start of the show, it wasn't pointless as such, just could have been more detailed. Before the interview, we had another showing of the promo recapping the Orton vs McMahon storyline which goes on forever lol, a good promo though.

Then it was the Miz and Morrison video which was weird. The longest part of the show apart from the main event I reckon and the only interesting part was when they announced the WWE Tag Team Championship match next week between Primo and Carlito and Miz and Morrison. Like Gaffer said, I can there being a Title vs Title match at some point, but not at Wrestlemania as I think John Morrison and either Primo or Carlito will be in the MITB. I still expect the Colons to retain next week.

Vickie apparently had a "groundbreaking" announcement which was nothing of the sort, it never is lol. I don't get this "who will face Undertaker at Wrestlemania" story now. If Kozlov beats Taker next week (I haven't read next week's SD spoilers), does that mean he faces Taker? If so, what is the point of JBL vs HBK?

Finally, the United States Championship is getting some proper attention for the first time since 2003-04 IMO. I hope MVP wins the title eventually as I think him not winning the title will slow down his eventual world title push even further. However, I am hoping for a Battle Royal or United States Championship Invitational at Backlash in which MVP wins over the likes of Big Show, Chavo, R Truth, Hurricane Helms etc. I can see there being a Fatal Four Way match with Chavo, R Truth, Shelton and MVP for the title taking place sometime over the next couple of weeks and a Shelton vs MVP match at Wrestlemania.

The main event was one of the best matches on Smackdown in a long time, I'm glad they left it a while before they had Matt Hardy interfere, I can understand why the match couldn't have ended cleanly but that doesn't mean the match should have been poor. I'm also surprised that Matt vs Jeff will take place next week, but like this week's main event, I can't see that match ending cleanly. Speaking of Edge, I was sure Cena would appear on Smackdown this week but it didn't happen.

I'm a bit confused at the moment about the Draft and what is happening with the brands etc lol. Like I said before, I don't know what is going on with the Taker situation, I don't know what Cena is doing at Wrestlemania and why Miz and Morrison have been appearing on all 3 brands for most weeks over the past few months.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Take it you will be watching this weeks then Rock?

Good show it was, to be fair it has been for months, if you doubt be just check out Hardcastles posts, he loves it, its probably the best wrestling show, I think the match between Kozlov and The Undertaker this week is just to prove Kozlov is worthy, Kozlov stated on SD that he was going to show up at this weeks RAW, probably to confront the winner of the HBK vs JBL match
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SmackDown Talk! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown Talk!   SmackDown Talk! Empty

Back to top Go down

SmackDown Talk!
Page 1 of 1