Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

SmackDown! talk

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:39 am

What a SmackDown! this week, tremendous, the first segment was brilliant with Rey Mysterio interupting DX, then add CM Punk and the Straight Edge society to that and you have must see TV, the promo with Shawn and Rey was excellent and it was matched by Hunter and Punk, these four could produce outstanding TV with each other at various times

I really enjoyed the John Morrison/Drew McIntyre Match, that DDT onto the belt was brutal, I'm really liking big Drew, I can definitely see him being around the big time for a long time.

As much as I like seeing guys getting put over, jobbing Jericho out to R-Truth does nothing at all for Jericho, I suppose it does put Truth higher up the card but in all honesty, I've lost all hope for Jericho ever getting a decent run with a World Title now unless its the ECW title

I'm still enjoying the Diva storyline, its all set up for Mickie to finally beat the bully at the Rumble, rightly so, but I think Michelle McCool has been brilliant in all of this.

Enjoyed the Batista/Shawn face off, Shawn is acting like a complete badass and has been for months (just like to remind you all I called it on the back of some commentary months ago) then I enjoyed the face off between Batista/Trip

Shawn vs Rey main event, top class main event, I've wanted to see these two go at it for ages, this could be a top class feud if they ever wanted to go that way, they should, match was fantastic and everyone has to catch the sweet chin music Shawn lands on Rey, brutal, similar to the one he hit on Shelton Benjamin a few years ago.

Batista made the run out, killed the two of them who had been battered by each other anyway, Batista looks good, I like him in this role, suits him perfectly, Trips makes the save, this could be one of your Mania main events (Batista vs Trips) if it is then this is the seeds being laid

Lights out and the Undertaker arrives, Shawn and Rey are just getting to there feet, BANG, double chokeslam takes them both out.

This could be the 'IN' creative have been looking for now for Shawn to interfere in the Match come Sunday to help Rey win the title

All in all, what a show, absolutely brilliant, top class stuff, best TV Wrestling show for a long long time, I'd say since around June at least, if this kind of show happened on RAW people would be raving about it, it was that damn good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:03 pm

I was affaraid smackdown was going to be a bum fest for DX this week but i was gladly mistaken. I was getting ready for another dx are you ready were awesome blah blah

So i welcomed Rey coming down to the ring. I read in a wrestling mag a year or so back that Rey wanted to face Shawn as he only had once in a tribute to Eddie and wanted to face shawn again . And Triple H's attempt at humor with the hornswoogle run along joke made me laugh. A homeless looking CM Punk came out with one of his better promos cause in my opinoin he can go either way but the heat he gatherd by slagging down the others will do good for them. I also would like to add i think Triple H does drink.

Was lookign forward to teh tag title match but i guess Triple H didnt want to loose the title and making SES lose would make them look bad

Im also thinking at Jerichos age and loosing to r Truth who i dont like to be honest hes getting old means his careear in terms of a high card player is over.

Big fan of Morrison hope a good performance at rumble gives him some credit and potential to move higer up and Drew looks ok so far.

LOVE layla!!!! hate mc cools voice .eurgh.

L iked the main event long time coming match and i loved it ! . However im fed up of intefering and wwe not having the balls to make someone lose the constant run ins are annoying do them after the match!
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:19 pm

I think this weeks Smackdown was probably the best non-PPV show WWE have given us since before 'Mania.

The opening segment was extremly good, I am a massive fan of CM Punk and I think every week he just gets better and this storyline with his disciples is one of my favourites from recent years.

Although normally I don't like those sort of promos, Triple H's ones did make me laugh.

Shawn Michaels is even more heel than the build up to 'Mania last year, I'm not sure that he will have a full blown heel, but even seeing him like what he is now is very entertaining.

The main event was excellent, Michaels and Mysterio are two of the best workers in WWE and I thought their match was top notch, shame we'll probably never see a full blown feud between these two ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm not so sure, I think it's definitely something they can work on, most would want to see Shawn/Rey

I also really enjoyed Trips promo, the reference's to Hornswoggle, Winehouse and Spears where all funny AND in context which always helps
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:03 pm

I have been wondering if the DX vs Straight Edge Society match will be added to the Rumble card. as it is, there are 4 matches that will have to be going an average 20 minutes each (plus the Rumble) to fill 3 hours, and I can't see either Ezekiel Jackson, Sheamus or the Divas going that long. open the Rumble with that one, gives them a couple of hours to recover.

Smackdown was great, a really good show. I also wondered about Trips vs Batista at the Rumble (which would mean Cena vs Sheamus / Orton at Mania, I guess). I enjoyed the Morrison vs McIntyre match, not so sure about Truth vs Jericho, but if it means R-Truth heading up the card, I'm happy to let it go.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:19 pm

The problem with a Rey/Shawn feud, is Shawn's church means he can't make the Smackdown's tapings and when they moved Rey to Raw, Smackdown's ratings went down due to the lack of Latin-American viewers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sponsored content

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk Empty

Back to top Go down

SmackDown! talk
Page 1 of 1