Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

SmackDown! talk

Go down 
+4
Sexton Hardcastle
C4lum
feяgie22
the-gaffer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:33 pm

Just finished watching this weeks edition of SD!

Thought it was a very decent standard show, especially considering it was the second of the taped shows which can become a bit tiring and monontous, so kudos to the wrestlers

For me there was three very good matches that not only lasted long but where of a high standard

Good opening to the show, Edge coming out and pleading his innocence then Matt Hardy coming out and attacking him before both of them spill into the crowd and Hardy chases him off, Vickie later announces that both will have a hard core match later, Vickie is another who doesn't believe Edge when he insists he has nothing to do with Jeff Hardys 'accidenets'

The Undertaker and Shelton Benjamin have been working together a bit recently, thought they had a very good match, expected The Undertaker to win (even though I read the spoilers) its the week before the Rumble so building him up makes sense, would like to see more of these two though and throw in the US title for good measure, it done both MVP and Batista the world of good before Mania last year, I think this could be a feud that could propel Benjamin

Jeff Hardy had an interview about his attack with Jim Ross, I must say this is the way forward with Jeff and promos, he was excellent, his promos made sense and actually remained interesting, if Jeff isn't at home doing these in the middle of the ring then I am more than happy to see him do them taped

Matt and Edge had a good Hardcore match, not brilliant, both could take it up a couple of notches but still better than most could probably produce, anything to see these guys working together will do for me, I think they have brilliant chemistry, hopefully after Sunday more is cleared up and a proper programme can begin

Tag Champs vs Tag Champs

Excellent tag match, two of the best in the WWE and its been a long time since there was a proper good fast paced and well times match than this, good spots good moves and good pace, the only problem was the crowd where dead, they probably have been in the arena for about 4 hours plus now so its understandable, but this should prove that all the tag teams need to be on the same brand

Not a lover of the main event, Triple H vs Big Show and Kozlov

Can't stand why Triple H can't just lose 1on1 he needs to have all the odds stacked against him
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:46 pm

And he kicked out of a chokeslam, a poor one but c'mon only big scary cunts are allowed to do that lol

And jeff ruined the interview at the end " Im not scared Edge, are you? " WTF?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:15 pm

Cant really add to much to what you've said Gaff i agree with all of it

I have to say tho im enjoying Taker and Shelton, its got me thinking, if there is gonna be someone, why not have Shelton end the WM streak for taker?
Benjamin whilst lacking mic skills a bit is surely gonna hit the main event at some stage of his career and whats a better way to do it then going over taker at WM?
It would obviously mean that a feud would have to be dragged out until i think is April 1st when WM is on, but i do believe theese guys can do it without it getting stale.

WM 25

Undertaker v Shelton Benjamin in a HIAC

Im sure Shelton would take a decent bump or 2, beating Taker in his own match type, on WM would be awsome stuff IMO

Saying this i would prefer if Shelton dropped the US title before (maybe having Taker cost him the title) to give him the freedom to move onto the WWE strap after WM
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 8:58 pm

I would like to see Shelton move further up the card, think that might need to be put on ise just now though, with Edge Triple H and Jeff all in the main event and with Christian looking like moving there as well and Matt Hardy probably going over there then added to MVPs likely push, I can't see room for Shelton right now, although I think after the draft, if there is one then that might be his time.

In the meantime though I want to see him continue working with The Undertaker, Shelts would be ideal to end the Takers streak, to be honest though can't see it ever happening now, but I wouldn't mind them facing off for the US title at Mania and Taker winning, then Shelton gaining revenge and getting it back at the end of a brutal match at Backlash
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 12:14 pm

Smackdown made me remember why I love tag matches so much, so refreshing to see a real tag battle, back and forth with numerous little spots in.

It makes sense that in a tag match you can play about with endings alot too, more people simpley menas more ways to finish a match.

A while back there was a good tag match too, cant remember who was in it, might have been kendrick vs carlito (dont know if boths current partners were involved) but the ending was just back and forth so you never knew who would eventualy win.

Best thing about last nights match too is that morrison can now say on the dirt sheet they are the only true tag champions and t have miz cut in saying "hey are we not entitled to a shot at there belts now" adding to this there mini off and on feud with cryme tyme the division could liven up a bit. Can see MnM holding both sets of belts and there slammies soon leading to either a mergeing of the belts or just start defending both at once.

3 tag teams dont need 2 sets of belts. and hopefully if there is only 1 then other tag teams can begin to step up.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:10 pm

I thought it was a very good show last night.

Shelton and 'Taker's match was very good, and a few times in the match I actually thought Benjamin might win. Hopefully we'll see a decent feud between these two and allow Benjamin some mic time to improve.

The tag match was excellent, these 4 all worked well together and it made a very interesting match. I want to see a feud between these two teams leading up to Mania, maybe even having all 4 or at least 2 of them in the MitB. Or even better a Tag Title unificiation match.

Edge and Matt work well together, I enjoyed their match, I understood the ending for storyline purposes.

I think we saw the best we're going to see from Jeff on the mic. I didn't particuarly like it, some of the stuff sounded stupid i.e. "when I was attacked on the stairs, that was no accident" stupidity

I fell asleep before the main event but wasn't really looking forward to it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:16 pm

It was on the board before half 4 yesterday

I thought Jeff made perfect sense

They where calling the car crash an accidemt, then the pyro, Jeff was just saying they weren't accidents just like the attack in the stairs
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:18 pm

I know what he meant, but I think he said it wrong.

I would prefer to watch it on my big tv than a tiny screen on here anyway.

I've taped it but a Triple H vs. Koslov and Big Show match doesn't sound very appealing.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:23 pm

what way would you have liked him to say it?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Or even better a Tag Title unificiation match.

when is night of champions? afro
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:49 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
what way would you have liked him to say it?

I don't know the exact way he would say the promo as I'm not a writer AND I don't know where the storyline is going. I just think he could have said it better.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 7:35 pm

so what would you have liked him to say then?

Your never happy
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 7:49 pm

I thought it was a good show, even the Khali match was almost watchable!

good to see Shelton having a run with a genuine main eventer. I'd now like to see Shelton turn face, win MITB and then lose his title match - I think this years MITB winner needs to lose, and I think Shelton could benfit from a jeff Hardy style title chase, lose the first couple of matches, then finally win it at the third attempt. I still think he needs a manager, but any feud with the taker is more reliant on being able to sell fear when the lights start flickering than delivering promo skills that you need when facing, say Edge or Triple H.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Grecian wrote:
I still think he needs a manager

I agree, I think Tony Atlas could have been a good manager for him, but obviously he's with Henry now.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 pm

Your spot on there Leak, I think Atlas would have been brilliant for Benjamin, and Benjamin has the build that a young Atlas did, although Atlas was much more juiced looking
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Interesting that i was thinking the other day about Atlas and that recently (on shows) he hasnt done much for Henry due to him being out of the title scene and having but a few run in appearances and a couple matches.

I understand him traveling with Henry for health reasons but on screen i would like to see him be someone elses manager and if the WWE wanted to keep him and Henry together on the road move Henry to Smackdown. Admittedly i couldn't see a way to take Henry on SD but then again there is no real direction for him on ECW at the moment.

I would like to see someone be Sheltons mouthpiece as he really isnt too good on the mic and im sure Atlas would fit the bill.

Post note: Maybe have Henry more as a bodyguard or something for a Diva or something i know it would be a crappy role but i really dont see him going anywhere, maybe a tag team but that division is poor at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:48 pm

I think Mark Henry looks the best he has in years in the ring, I think he is doing alright, I think he would look better if he got all that hair chopped though, he looked better when he was younger, maybe keep the beard.

Wouldn't have him as a bodyguard, there is already a big scary black guy doing his bodyguarding, last thing Vince needs a racial stereotype the IWC would piss all over it
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:44 pm

I know he left on bad terms with WWE but don't you think Mr Perfect could be a good manager for Shelton Benjamin? Both characters think they are the benchmark and better than everyone else and I just think it would make sense.
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Mr Perfect?

He's dead!
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:08 pm

C4lum wrote:
Mr Perfect?

He's dead!

What the?! When did that happen? I think he was inducted into the HOF a couple of years ago but I didn't know he was dead! Shocked
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:11 pm

According to the reliable source that is Wikipedia
----
On February 10, 2003, Hennig was found dead in a Florida hotel room. The Tampa Coroner's office and the Tampa Medical Examiner's office declared an acute cocaine intoxication as the official cause of his death. His father said that steroids and painkillers also contributed to his death.

----
i was aware he died, never actually knew how and when tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SmackDown! talk Empty
PostSubject: Re: SmackDown! talk   SmackDown! talk Empty

Back to top Go down

SmackDown! talk
Page 1 of 1