Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Why Kane needs the Mask!

Go down 
+7
Discopants
macclads
feяgie22
C4lum
grendelsdad
Sexton Hardcastle
the-gaffer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:16 pm

I thought he got unmasked in 2003
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
wardy12345678910
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
wardy12345678910

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:16 pm

Discopants wrote:

I'm still not interested in seeing the old Kane anyway. To me the whole mystery was not knowing what he looked like.

Was he burnt?

Was he handsome?

Did he look like a bulldog licking piss of a thistle?

That's what was interesting about masked Kane to me.

I agree with discopants, that in the old kane it was the thought of what was behind the mask that was interesting. But i do hope that the mask does come back on and the old school one armed suit. But i cant shake the feeling if he does turn back into the old kane it could be a disappointment to the fans that remember him that way before.

i like this storyline though and it should be the best thing kane has done for a long time
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:17 pm

When I saw Kane debut I was about 6 lol. At that age you really get caught up in the stories (which I miss) and nothing appeals to the younger audiences than them dark storylines. I never had a clue about Issac Yankum back then so it was all about the there and then Kane. Watching him replace the mask would just seem kind of hollow to me. Yeah, he could regain his decent monster status and become more intimidating but knowing he isn't hiding anything would take something away from the character he's meant to be.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 pm

I think that was at SummerSlam 2000
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 pm

I understand totally what your saying Disco, however at the time of the Kane debut I was 15 and enjoyed the Kane character as much as anyone even though I soon found out who he was previously, so for me its never been about wondering if he was scarred
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 pm

I didn't like the middle ground Kane at all. Where he talked and acted like every on else. Thought that was pointless, might as well be mexican. I thought the silent period was good, and when he limited his talking to the essential (and where did that voice box go lol).

How's he going to play the masked Kane this time. Is he gonna stick with the current psycho thing with plenty of talking or a quieter role?
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:27 pm

just the fact that the mask could bring back the so called monster in kane makes me wanna see it back, give him his dominating edge again
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:29 pm

disco your talking like its definately coming back, watch another swerve be thrown cos of lots of internet mask talk
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:30 pm

I think he will have to go through some form of rescarring process to gain the mask back.
He's portraying some kind of mental condition (I imagine they'll go with him being dual personality with the old evil Kane trying to regain control) that will probably result in self harming his face as the evil side takes over again.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:33 pm

but then people would phone in and complain

and edge would have to set them straight AGAIN
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:36 pm

It makes me sad to think that there are so many ways in making this re-scarring process great, and that there is an equal number of ways to screw this up, and that we have been lucky so far but could be out of luck, soon.

One possible awful alternative to The Return of Evil Masked Kane:

In the bag is a broken and burned toy. A toy that belonged to Kane's lost son!

I do not say that I would like to see this, but I do say that this is not beyond WWE's way of storytelling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of McMahon connection. Not really sure how but they have been present and said "consequences" will happen if people didn't behave. Maybe Kane could act as a big ass masked enforcer for the McMahons.

Maybe...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:40 pm

macclads wrote:
I think he will have to go through some form of rescarring process to gain the mask back.
He's portraying some kind of mental condition (I imagine they'll go with him being dual personality with the old evil Kane trying to regain control) that will probably result in self harming his face as the evil side takes over again.

Thats where James Mitchell would come in, he could be the evil voice in Kanes ear convincing him that this 'Human' he has become is not him, he should be true to himself!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:43 pm

Would Kane have a son? I thought when Kane was 'lost' in the fire he was only a kid himself!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:44 pm

grendel wrote:

In the bag is a broken and burned toy. A toy that belonged to Kane's lost son!

you been looking at my notes for ultra vylance ey ? lol

i couldnt sleep one night so i developed the charactor so it would fit into the wwe.

Kane had a son, left him for dead, *life of vylance* etc, now hes coming to seek revenge, but then after a while we see its actually to get his fathers approval and all that and the next BIG NAME monster is born. easy

(he could have a son thats about 19 20 now easily)
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:47 pm

Great minds think alike then. Did you have this story posted here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:53 pm

nope, its just in me brain, the charactor was from an old wrestling game like. i just developed it in me head to think, yeah that could work
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 pm

I truly hope that Mitchell shows up at some point to 'guide' Kane back to the dark side.
TNA in their infinite wisdom *cough* will regret the day they let him go, far more important than half the wrestlers they have on their books.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:57 pm

with no mesias he probs didnt have much to do?

*cough* sign mesias vince *cough*
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:09 pm

Messias likes the freedom to work in Mexico although a big contract from the WWE would change that (more than $200k per year which he can earn in the indies)

Mitchell needs to be brought in, this angle is screaming for him!

Got your message Maccs, congrats!
Back to top Go down
rko888
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:14 pm

i'm sort of in between on this one, cos i did like the old kane with the mask, but he doing ok now without it. but my main concern is kane skills on the mic, he's just not that good on the mic.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 11:31 pm

He is diabolical on the mic if we are being honest, for someone who has been around for so long he is so uncomfortable on the mic, however it kinda works for him simply because 10 years ago he had a voice box stupidity yea work that out!

As for doing alright just now, I agree, but its only down to the fact we are all discussing the possibility of the mask, if Kane did not go mental last week no one would be talking about him just now however he is probably the most talked about wrestler in the WWE in the past 8 days
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Discopants wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of McMahon connection. Not really sure how but they have been present and said "consequences" will happen if people didn't behave. Maybe Kane could act as a big ass masked enforcer for the McMahons.

Maybe...

Possibly, maybe with McMahon controlling him, that however has been done before and it would probably lead to a face turn, it could be good further down the line but they need to run with him being a top monster heel for a long while before they done that IMO
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 9:18 pm

As i was dicusing with Calum earlier i think they should give him one main event push again which looks like there doing but i expect him to retire within a year
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 9:25 pm

I am amused why people want to see the WWE push guys into the main event only to see them retire soon after, it makes no sense in my opinion, spend time and money on building guys up then out they go, never understood the fans logic in that to be honest!

Kane for me will never be a real main event again, I can't see Kane making people want to buy a PPV when he is in the main event for a world title, I just don't think thats they way they would be heading!

Kane is a type of character who does not need to be in the main event as such, not in the world title chase anyway, he doesn't need a belt, I think he is more than perfect for the odd RAW title match, he is a big enough draw for a free title match!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Kane needs the Mask!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next