Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Why Kane needs the Mask!

Go down 
+7
Discopants
macclads
feяgie22
C4lum
grendelsdad
Sexton Hardcastle
the-gaffer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Why Kane needs the Mask! Empty
PostSubject: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 pm

First off I think this is the best angle I have seen Kane involved in for a long long time.
He seems up for it and back on the number one show he actually looks motivated although his time spent as ECW champion was well received in my opinion!

Coming out last week and going off his head and asking the now seemingly famous question 'Is he alive or is he dead' led to almost everyone asking "whats he talking about?" is it Paul Bearer, Is it the Undertaker or even Vince McMahon, NONE of which where my personal choices however.
I for one was sure since he uttered those words he was referring to the old Kane, the one who arrived hungry in 1997 to extract revenge in the brother who left him for dead and scarred him to the extent he hid himself from the world, he was lean, mean and hungry to succeed!

Since then he has taken off the Mask and lost a lot of muscle mast although thats been replaced by flab although he is not as fat as some would have you believe, since taking off the mask many have wondered WHY he wore it in the first place, he had no scars as such, there was nothing wrong with him so why did he wear it, OR SO IT SEEMED........

I think its obvious why Kane wore the mask, or at least obvious as to why they can book him to wear it again and why he wore it all those years ago.
Kane was scarred, maybe not in the grander scheme of things, maybe not naturally scarred with a deformed face but scarred all the same, the only way he thought he could be accepted and succeed in life was by hiding away, covering himself up, not exposing himself to the world and most certainly not to his brother.
Kane should put the mask back on, he needs it, it gives him a confidence to portray the machine he once was, it gives him the well being knowing that no matter what happens no one will ever again see what hides behind the mask.

ITS NOT A PHYSICAL PROBLEM WITH KANE ITS SIMPLY A PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEM!!!!!

He needs to hide away so no one can get in, he needs to stick to basics, he has given so much away in the last few years and in doing so he has lost his appeal.
Kane last night was heard saying "I'm Sorry" then later on saying "I know he is dead!" however he was clutching that sack around with him like it vital, it could only be holding one thing, his Mask, he may feel he knows 'He is dead' however I believe he will have some help in finding that out for himself.

I can only hope its James Mitchell that helps Kane find the Big Red Machine once again!

Even if Mitchell is not involved, I really believe this could be the best thing to happen to Kane in years and if he takes to his role as professionally as we know he can then Kane could once again be a top top draw for the WWE although I do honestly feel he is by the PPV main event stage now, however just like the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels he is one of the very few characters who do not need a title to sell a match!

Last edited by great-heff on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:47 pm

exactly what i thought as soon as he went mental within seconds you could just tell as a wrestling fan in your gut, that it was the classic, he needs to be how he was.

His mask was who he was, its seen as mythical, even in the fake kane things, he seems drawn in and ruled by it. Its like the mask controls him and when behind it (and dressed up properly, no one can stop him

(untill he gets a cage match and taker returns to tombstone him)
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 pm

But then he will have to tombstone him three times, like in the good old times. THREE TIMES.

Overall I am not a big fan of kicking out of finishers, because it's used inflationary these days, but back then it was awesome.

I thought this was well observed by great-heff, Kane's problems seemingly have always been psychological in nature. I have missed that period, but wasn't the story behind Kane tag teaming with RVD that RVD wanted to make Kane more human?
It seems that they take that theme up again and reverse it in a nice fashion. Kane tried to be human. He tried to be cheered. It just was not right for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 8:59 pm

watching kane on the mic makes me cringe, its just so not right for him. randomly laughing at shit.

But yes if its the mask then me, marty and heff deserve awards.

although i think i called it first Razz but we all knew as soon as he flipped i think

watch it be bearer now Mad
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:09 pm

The only way Bearer will return will be if the real guy the WWE want (if they even want a guy) does not come in and Paul Bearer will be needed to take his place! (God I hope not)
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:13 pm

i could see kane getting a massive pop in the future if it all goes quiet and red

then we hear the classic organ sounding. Such a good entrance that was, get rid of the song version with lyrics and a dodgey sounding guitar and have it as pure entrance music.

Organ sounds, lights are red, a massive boom and out walks a confident masked up kane to destroy a top face like mysterio. sorted.
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:27 pm

look how he looks at it, its what he is.

scary fecker, kids today need to be scared by the real kane
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 pm

He'll need to get a new mask made cos his head is much fatter now lol
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:35 pm

thats why the storyline got put on hold i guess. Only festus could fit in the mask
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:35 pm

didnt he have some breathing problems aswell or something? sure todays technology will be able to make him a nice new easy-breath mask lol
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:39 pm

In my opinion this, right there, is one of the greatest moments of wrestling history. he needs the mask back so badly, then good things like this and his rampage could happen again.

And I am all for an updated design. The old mask had a diabolical Jason Vorhees-y feel to it, maybe they can elaborate on that without making it look campy.

Legend had it that the fire burnt his lounges. Dunno how they explained that it didn't, he just gradually improved his speech.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Lounges - is that german for sun loungers lol
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:46 pm

i think its German for lungs lol
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Why Kane needs the Mask! UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:47 pm

will his hair suddenly grow back again under that mask?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:48 pm

it was always a wig remember, when he took it off he had a festus hair do lol
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:50 pm

When he took it off he used fake hair. It was attached to the mask. It was real hair at one point but dunno when he switched to fake.

Wonder if he dons his old one armed suit again.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:51 pm

hide his belly button
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:52 pm

They could do this again lol.

He was too skinny IMO.
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Ooops. Err, I actually meant that the place where Kane used to hang out was burnt. His lounge. Yeah. That's what I meant.

And I suspect that it has always been his natural hair, and that he shaved prior to his de-masking.

I really preferred the one-armed suit. I have the feeling they only introduced the two-armed one so that Undertaker could act like Kane every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:02 pm

Yea it was always his real hair but in the weeks/months leading up to the unmasking they cut his hair and went with a wig attached, then when it became time for the unmasking the butchered his hair that afternoon before RAW to help add to the appeal of the scarring!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 pm

It was real hair here, can't of been that long after this when he "unmasked".

As for the suit it has to be the old school one surely, they cant put him back in that string vest thing.

I'm still not interested in seeing the old Kane anyway. To me the whole mystery was not knowing what he looked like.

Was he burnt?

Was he handsome?

Did he look like a bulldog licking piss of a thistle?

That's what was interesting about masked Kane to me.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:06 pm

i just liked the manacing look, you could see his eyes, but there was black makeup round them making him look evil.

just looks more like a killer in his mask really.

be good if he got "re burned" though in an inferno match he demands.
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:11 pm

That was Summerslam 01, if I am not mistaken. His Un-masking must have happened around 04. But even back then the story was that Kane wanted to be a monster and the Undertaker thought that Kane did not need the mask.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 10:12 pm

Disco, I'm not the same, I always knew he wasn't scarred, not because it was only kayfabe but I knew it was Issac Yankum DDS or whatever, I agree with you that the mystic around it gave him a special aura but even back then with wrestling mags (not WWF Magazine) you found out spoilers like that all the time so I knew but was still interested in the mask!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Kane needs the Mask!   Why Kane needs the Mask! Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Kane needs the Mask!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next