Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread Empty
PostSubject: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 5:37 pm

We have threads for the Raw and SD PPVs, I thought it might be worth having a thread for Mania only stuff...

AJ vs Nakamura is nailed on, whoever he faces at Roadblock, be it Zayn or KO, I can't see AJ losing the title.

CW Championship will also be up for grabs, and hopefully not shunted to the pre-show or a 'comedy' match that ends in 2 minutes.

Reigns vs Lesnar is heavily rumoured and has been all year, along with Cena vs Undertaker, and the way it's being built, Seth Rollins vs Jason Jordan.

Asuka vs Charlotte would do for the women, and then Rousey & someone else (maybe Strowman?) vs Steph and Trips.

And, best of all... maybe this could finally be the year the Usos actually make the main card. Given the year they've had, no-one deserves it more.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyFri Feb 02, 2018 7:43 pm

Sami vs Nakamura wouldnt be a bad boobie prize. No idea what AJ would do though, so it probably is nailed on. Sami is really coming in to his own now though. They'll probably have a KO vs Sami one on one at mania if the friendship ends.

I'd not mind 4 women's matches with
Asuka vs Rousey
Sasha vs Bayley
Nia vs Bliss
Charlotte vs Becky

Or Bliss vs Charlotte champion vs champion which would bump Nia and Becky. I think those 8 all deserve a spot during the 6/7 hour EXTRAVAGANZA (different kind of deserve for Rousey based on the name she's built in other realms)

People will shit on it, but I don't mind seeing Reigns and Lesnar smashing each other's heads in again. That is if he's booked to annoy the audience on purpose by being cocky and not too much like the babyface who has to overcome big mean baddy Brock. They could re do the great balls of fire 4 way too, but with a different outcome. That was WWE getting the big guys spot on and people loved that dynamic of 4 of the baddest, meanest bastards facing off.

Uso's have it locked down
The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread 23nwzp
(this actually happened on SD Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:47 am

Yeah, that Uso thing was horrible!

For the women, I'd not be surprised with the two title matches, Rousey and Steph and the rest chucked into the first ever Miss Elizabeth Battle Royal.

I wouldn't mind Finn vs Miz for the IC title, and maybe the ladder match for SD and the US title - Sami, KO, New Day, Corbin, Mahal, Roode, Ziggler. A combo of those guys could be good.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Just wrote a big paragraph about me wanting to see Roode vs Orton at WM, then the crowd reaction Roode and Rusev were getting on Raw being so strong with Roode getting the female and kid support and Rusev the 18-40 male etc. How rare a reaction that big is when it's not something like AJ vs Reigns where everyone cares about who wins for various reasons. Then how as i was writing there was an RKO out of nowhere to Roode, followed by one to Rusev to probably set up a triple threat at Fastlane...

Then I clicked on Tatanka by accident and lost what I'd written Mad  Mad  Mad

So, yeah. Orton. Roode. Rusev. All getting some momentum for WM. The US title could be really strong going in. All the titles could be in really good shape tbh. Definitely better than usual.

Jason Jordan has a broken frickin neck. Disk and nerve damage that required surgery, anyway. Just as he was developing a more interesting character. Always seems to happen this way.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 11:16 am

I think this year there could be a few big names buried in the mid-card or a shock pre-show guy, there are a few with nothing obvious going on. Randy, Balor, Seth Rollins now Jordan is out... I reckon one will end up in the Andre battle royal, and maybe some kind of interpromotional thing - Randy vs Balor would be decent.

Yup, a real shame about Jordan. I was starting to really like his work.

Finally, regardless of how blindingly good your paragraph was - do not speak ill of Tatanka!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 10:06 pm

So this week Rusev transformed into Jinder Mahal who now takes the spot he was in last week between Roode and Orton instantly making the proposed rivalry suck.

It's almost as bad as it would be having Tatanka randomly inserted into the storyline Smile
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 am

I’m not enjoying Smackdown lately. They seem to only focus on 1 storyline each week - and then no AJ or nakamaura on show. The fatal 5 way is just getting people involved imo. It looks like a multi man US Title match also.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 9:01 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

It's almost as bad as it would be having Tatanka randomly inserted into the storyline Smile

That's it. Outside!

Shoot You Beotch

Last edited by Grecian on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 9:04 am

I think the only reason Dolph is in there is to take the pinfall. KO and Zayn are building to something, probably involved Bryan and Shane at Mania. Corbin could do with a bit of attention (and WWE blatantly won't put Rusev in the match, he'd be way more over than everyone else), AJ is retaining and needs a fall-guy.

I'm hoping Nakamura faces Mahal on the PPV and gets a clean win over him after last summer.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyThu Feb 15, 2018 1:59 pm

It's not the time of year to stall on storylines. Just having Nakamura saying "I'm going to beat you at Wrestlemania" every week was enough to slowly build psychology, but they didn't even to that this week.

The most over guy on tv was left off tv and left out of a storyline he was in the middle of last week.

It just seems strange. Rusev may well have been on the mixed match, but that's assuming everyone watches everything, and they don't. He has let Orton get away with the RKO, which is weakness. They also had Roode say I respect everything Orton has done in wwe just to get heat on Mahal. Also weak, even if he gets his revenge eventually, they made him look like a complete sap, just to keep Mahal as the main heel in a story he wasn't involved in. And he only got involved to mock Orton about the top ten. Top level writing

Raw had the Balor Rollins double pin to add some interest to EC. I'd like to see Joe in the match though. Don't know how they'll bring him back yet, but as it's the road to WM, they could go something big. It's a shame there's no male mitb holder right now to add a little more tension and interest alongside the Rumble winner.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 8:16 am

The Mixed Match Challnge is actually good fun to watch - the wrestlers interact with each other a lot more, there's more comedy... it's like watching a house show. If nothing else, the team of Bliss and Strowman is worth watching. Strowman shows almost a Kurt Angle-esque level of being willing to make an arse of himself.

The Chamber on Raw - are they starting with 3 guys in the ring, or are they adding a fifth pod? From watching Raw, I think it'll end up being Balor vs Rollins, neither have anything to do, and it'll be a good match. Maybe building to The Club vs The Shield later in the year.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Grecian wrote:

The Chamber on Raw - are they starting with 3 guys in the ring, or are they adding a fifth pod? From watching Raw, I think it'll end up being Balor vs Rollins, neither have anything to do, and it'll be a good match. Maybe building to The Club vs The Shield later in the year.

I’ve read / heard they are starting with 3. Think that’s the best option too. Normally a slow start in the chamber with only 2 guys. 3 of them makes it interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania 34 thread
Page 1 of 1