Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Road to Wrestlemania

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

The Road to Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: The Road to Wrestlemania   The Road to Wrestlemania EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:07 am

is it just me, or is the undercard at Mania looking a lot more appealing than the major 2 (or 3) matches?

Brock vs Trips, meh, whatever, been done before.
Rock vs Cena - meh, whatever, it's been going on for 2 years now. Even if Punk gets added to it, Punk vs Cena has been done to death. Punk vs Rock is getting old too now, especially as all Rock can do to promote a match is repeat catchphrases, try to show he's not PG and name-drop Jeff Jarrett on WWE TV for the first time in almost a decade.
Punk vs Taker, if it happens, taker wins, I can't see anything to change my mind otherwise. And with the reported state of him, it'd be a hell of an achievement if this comes close to matching Taker's last few Mania matches (with the exception of Triple H at 27, it's nowhere near as good as it could have been).

However, on the WHC title: we have Del Rio, looking great as a good guy. We have the newly redesigned Swagger, and the ready-made storyline of Pro USA gun-nut against the immigrant. We have the prospect of Dolph cashing in at any point. We could see one of the more unfancied guys in the chamber winning, Orton is definitely a main-event player, reverting Daniel Bryan away from Kane and the comedy to make him a submission wrestler again for a war with Del Rio could be epic.

The Shield, and whatever happens with them. I can see some dodgy ending at their match at the EC, followed by a falls-count-anywhere / ladder / cage match at Mania against a collection of wrestlers who they've wronged (Orton, Sheamus, Ryback, guys like Kofi, Rey, Miz could be chucked in).

Then we have Antonio Cesaro taking on an American hero (for some reason, I have a horrible feeling Jim Duggan may get the nod), Kane vs Daniel Bryan, a tag match-up involving teams like the Prime Time Players, Mysterio & Sin cara, Clay & Tensai now getting attention, even a reformed Rhodes Scholars.

The proposed top matches do not appeal to me at all. However, the undercard could be awesome.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   The Road to Wrestlemania EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am

The thing that annoys me is the WHC match will be the 4th match on the card. Its supposed to be the on par with the WWE title.

There could be some intreaging feuds on the undercard. if things work out the way you have predicted. But time constraints could hamper the undercard a bit.

Also I still belive Orton will get a Heel turn and take on Del Rio for the title. And it would'nt suprise me if Swagger gets put in a fued with Sin Cara or Rey Mysterio for a match at mania. I hope I'm wrong and the undercard looks like the one you have predicted.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   The Road to Wrestlemania EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm

I think that smackdown this week is a must watch/skim through the online add free version kind of show. I checked to see what matches take place, as I never watch smackdown, but as it's pre ppv and close to mania it seems like it will be an important show. That's my hot tip for the week. The road to wrestlemania seems a lot better than usual, as there is still some doubt or mystery to matches and some more interesting stories developing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania   The Road to Wrestlemania Empty

Back to top Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania
Page 1 of 1