Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Road To Wrestlemania thread

Go down 
+3
Mackem
Sexton Hardcastle
Grecian
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

The Road To Wrestlemania thread Empty
PostSubject: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:31 am

A thread to put anything you want about the Road to Wrestlemania - also known as the best time of the year!

So with Seth Rollins now added to the Rumble title match, it's opened up a few possibilities. Lesnar can lose the title without being pinned. Rollins could not be involved in the decision, and cash in MITB to get the title anyway, Heyman's role is going to be questionnable with essentially two guys in the match...

Rumble win seems split between Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns - there's also Rusev, Ambrose, Wyatt, Orton, possibly even Triple H or Sting, all of whom could have a legitimate shot at winning.

Undertaker could make a shock return, as I'd hate for Lesnar last year to be his final match - not just because he lost, but because the match was terrible.

At the moment, loads of possibilities, and all of them look pretty damned tasty!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:00 pm

my thoughts exactly, Grec. This Rumble looks like the most competitive in years.
Orton, Reigns, Bryan, Ziggler, Ryback, Wyatt, Ambrose, Rusev, HHH, Sting and even Batista could be involved. I'd not be too quick to pick one of Bryan or Reigns.

I also got the feeling there could be a new stable war last week, when Rollins ended the show with Lesnar, Heyman and the Authority. And I'm not ruling out that Heyman could just be manipulating everyone for his own hidden agenda.

First time in years that I've kept up with WWE from Mania to Rumble. Heyman, the Shield members, Evolution members and Wyatt have been a big part of that. And I haven't got a clue how the next few months will go because WWE finally pushed more than one guy at once and have options. My best guess for the title scenario has so many tangents and variables that i'm not even going to bother writing it out.

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:44 pm

It an interesting one but it could be terrible. Last year should of been Daniel Bryan winning. They saved themselves by giving him his wrestlemania moment.

At the moment I can't see past Bryan winning the rumble unfortunately. The question is who will headline wrestlemania with him. Lesnar v Bryan is the safe bet but Rollins v Bryan would be a great match. That been said, A) Would they let Rollins hold the belt going into mania? And B) would a short title reign do him any favours?

As horrible as it may be, in ring action wise, the fan in me wants to see taker v sting. I can't see it happening though. I don't think taker will wrestle. Something in the back of my mind is sting will be going against Bray Wyatt. Something along the lines of HHH keeps interfering to help Rollins win at the rumble. Sting comes out for the save only to be attacked by Wyatt. HHH says he asked Wyatt to take care of sting.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:26 am

I've been thinking that it may end up being Trips vs Ziggler. Be a huge match for Dolph and keeps his push ticking along.

I still think Reigns for the rumble win, and Bryan vs Rollins which could be match of the year.

Gives us Cena vs Rusev, Sting vs Taker which now the streak has gone, makes it a more interesting match.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:47 pm

So after the Rumble, it's looking like:

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar.
Triple H vs Sting
Cena vs Rusev

A bit uninspiring so far..
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:10 pm

I think Rusev v Cena could be good to be fair. It keeps Cena away from the title match. Can see him winning the US title though. A win for Cena at Fastlane then a return match at Wrstlemania will be a good little run.

Im hooked on HHH v Sting, and the only reason is because I want to see the stinger in a wwe ring, as terrible as it may be.

At this moment in time I can see a cash in after the title match. Even though I think Reigns is know where near ready to headline wrestlemania, I don't think it will be a total car crash.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Rumours now going round it's going to be Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan.

Huge match for Dolph, not so much for Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:32 pm

I heard Bryan v undertaker and Bryan v sheamus. I no I predicted last year correctly with Bryan pulling double duty but surely he can't do 3 matches, can he...

The thing that's got me is what is Seth Rollins doing at wrestlemania (apart from cashing in on roman reigns)?
Rulings v Bryan would be great. Don't like Rollins v orton much. Rollins v ambrose? Seen it recently. He is the one on struggling with.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Reigns vs Bryan at Fastlane.

Ambrose has been bumped way down the order.

Wyatt beasted through Zigglers signature to win. He might get Sting or Taker as he said "people once feared you, but fear turned to love" he has to be involved in something major for the year from WM, so hopefully they add a shock factor. He's the only talker other than Rollins they seem likely to push
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Reigns vs Bryan is a tough one to call.

Bryan wins, totally negates the Rumble.
Reigns wins, he gets booed out of the building again.

My shout is that this ends in a double DQ / count-out / interference somewhere along the line.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:53 pm

In all honestly I can see Reigns winning clean - and that's what should happen I think. At the end of a back and forth match, Reigns hits the Spear to pick up the win. After the match, Daniel Bryan shakes the hand of Reigns then raises his hand. This way, hopefully, the crowd will pick up on this and back Reigns as the face going to wrestlemania.

I don't think Daniel Bryan is fully fit. I think he should of had a few more weeks off at least. I don't think wwe are silly enough to treat Bryan this way again on purpose. There has to be something holding him back.

This leads onto Wrestlemania. What do they do with him? Already mentioned above, a match v Ziggler? its possible and I think it would be a good match. I don't know how they'd build it though. Bryan Heel turn? perhaps.

You still have the likes of Ryback, Rollins, Wyatt and Ambrose without a match. I think Rollins will cash in on Reigns at wrestlemania, but he'll still have a match.

Its intresting to see where they go but I think Reigns will be headlining Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:16 am

Open question. If you could add an NXT wrestler or two to the Mania card, who would you pick?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 12:46 pm

I'd have an NXT title match - Sami Zayn vs Finn Balor.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:53 am

Agree with Grecian, its the only match that could go on wrestlmmania at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:50 am

I can't argue with that. Especially with Balor's full entrance to set the atmosphere.

Part of me wouldn't mind seeing Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs Road Dogg and Mr.Ass! Probably on NXT and not at Mania.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm

From Raw this Monday (so don't read on if you don't want a slight Cena spoiler)

It looks like they have pulled the trigger on a more badass Cena. I don't remember the last time anyone, never mind Cena, mounted and punched someone already knocked out. I think the extent of what he did was played by ear, as Cena read the crowd, but the instructions to appear more ruthless were obviously given. I haven't seen all of Raw yet, but logically you'd expect a fine or ban to be written in to the storyline, which would give Cena the excuse to rebel more like an Austin/CM Punk character.

Can you imagine the parents of the Cenation's faces as it happened? I wouldn't be shocked if they get complaints about it, as even in UFC the ref jumps in the way after a KO to stop the brain damage strikes haha.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Contains fast lane spoilers:

Brock Lesnars opponent for the title is Roman Reigns. This is the right option and the way it ended was the way I Pretty much said it should. Daniel Bryan acknowledging that fact he was beat. Ok, there was no hand shake but there was the next best thing. I'm pleased wwe didn't give in to the smarks wanting Bryan to win.

Sting challenged hhh without actually asking him. He pointed his baseball bat to the wrestlmmania sign. I thought this was nicely done. HHH teased us with the sledge hammer. Sting had his bat. I hope this goes to a no holds barred match.

Bray wyatt cut an awesome promo coming out in a casket to undertakers music. Thought it was undertaker until they opened the lid. He has challenged taker at mania.

I think rusev and vena will have a rematch because of how it ended. It was the right result I felt, keeping rusev strong.

This is the wrestlmmania card I predict following fast lane

Leanar v reigns - title match
HHH V sting - no holds barred
Rusev v cena - I quit / submission match of sort
Goldist v stardust ( goldie wins stardust becomes Cody, cody wins gold or retires)
Orton v Rollins

Still don't know what to do with Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:08 pm

Fast Lane was a bit of a dull show, I thought...

Matches involving Ryback, Ziggler, Rowan, Show and Kane need to stop.
Cody Rhodes will never be any higher up the card than he already is. Not matter what he does, he never seems to quite connect.

The Mania card could signal the start of a new era for WWE, provided they have the balls to put Rollins over Orton, Rusev over Cena, Reigns over Lesnar and Wyatt over Undertaker. If they do that, that's 4 guys made in one night.

There's also a part of me that wishes Taker vs Lesnar had never happened, and Wyatt ends the Streak this year.

Bryan gets either Ziggler or Sheamus. Hell of a comedown for him.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Sheamus to return tonight and attack Bryan?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 pm

I thought Fastlane was a decent show. I think that with no streak now, Bray Wyatt will beat the Undertaker. Sting v HHH should be a good match, as shall Orton v Rollins.

I think Reigns is gonna beat Lesnar, they've pushed him so far, I'd have no idea why they'd have him lose at WM now.

Did anyone think it was weird that at the end of the Bryan v Reigns match at Fast Lane when reigns was celebrating and leaving the ring they was talking about Undertaker v Wyatt.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Can that stupid poster be changed its fucking massive.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Worst road to Mania ever?

There's no huge, must-see match. Stings return makes no sense the way they're playing it as a WCW vs WWE thing. There's nothing on the line for either of them. Trips loses, so what? Authority are still in power, Sting vanishes.

Taker vs Wyatt means nothing. Ziggler has gone from a career-defining night at Survivor Series to a body in a multi man match for a title nobody cares about. Reigns vs Lesnar might shock everyone and be amazing... But I just don't care.

This is the first Mania ever that I just am not excited about or as hyperactive as a puppy.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:45 am

I'm the same as you Grec. I looking forward to the Rwigns v Leanar match the most but apart from that it doesn't feel like mania. I slightly blame the wwe universe. They want Daniel Bryan too much and wwe are not giving into them but at the same time are scared to try something new.

Coincidently, this is the 1st mania I can't watch live.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 9:08 am

I tried to get into watching Raw again a couple of weeks ago for the build up to mania and i got bored very quickly. Their doesn't seem to be any real characters in the roster at the minute.

If the Sting vs HHH match is about WCW vs WWE why don't they put the rights to WCW on the line or something along those lines.
If Sting wins he gets to own the WCW brand and maybe use Smackdown as a WCW show with wrestlers jumping ship to the WCW brand.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 am

got to say I feel the same. 9.99 is now looking about right for the cheap Mania card. I know they are finally trying to make the mid card belts matter, but R Truth?

The main stable and key part of any storyline, the Authority isn't a formidable enemy. That stable should have been used to build people with a future on TV. As soon as Barrett and Sheamus were fit they should have paired up, taken out Kane and Show to prove they are better for the Authority.

Nothing is shocking or exciting or feels like it will shock at Mania. Bray has been good, but they ruin him by cutting to the ESPN style panel show. The two aspects don't fit, ditch trying to look like legit sport unless Lesnar is involved.

...Hire Russo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road To Wrestlemania thread   The Road To Wrestlemania thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Road To Wrestlemania thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next