Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread Empty
PostSubject: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:32 pm

We have the first declared match for Mania - as hugely expected, it's Brock vs Goldberg. It could even be for the Universal title, if Bill whups Owens at Fast Lane, as most people are expecting him to.

We know Orton will be in the title match on the Smackdown side, rumoured to be Bray Wyatt. I hope it isn't, I want Wyatts first win to be a big deal and not just a short run to give it to Orton at Mania, probably as a 'thank you!' from Vince for lettng Lesnar cave his head in at Summerslam.

After that, more rumours - AJ vs Shane (which is shit for AJ), KO vs Jericho, Reigns vs Undertaker (I'm convinced Vince is trolling us now. if he wants people to cheer Reigns, having him face Taker at Mania is really not the way to go), and nothing yet confirmed for some big names or guys who've had a standout year - Miz, Cena, Ambrose, a fair few of the ladies...
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Oh, and Seth Rollins vs Trips. Can't forget that one...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptySat Feb 11, 2017 10:30 pm

I'm still hoping for swerve city on the SD side of things. Highly unlikely, but when it feels so obvious sometimes they will go in another direction.

if they do go ahead with all the supposed plans, it might piss off WWE's no.1 money machine. If you watch Cena on Talking Smack, it sounded pretty much like a message to Vince that he wants to keep working with Styles, as "no one is on our level" If you're going to politic, that is definitely a good thing to politic for. Cena even mentioned how he and Nikki prefer their WWE careers to be separate and Considering the rumoured match it's interesting that he said that. Maybe it can tie in to the story for Mizrese vs Cenikki, but he seemed to be saying everything out of character.

Shane vs Styles doesn't seem right for anyone. Maybe it could work on a story level, but match up wise it's probably a waste of his talent at WM. Unless... "if you beat me you can go in to the main event"??? Shane would maybe have to turn heel for that to be said, but that's an outside chance with Daniel Bryan vs the Authority style booking.

On the Raw side of things due to KO being booked as lucky as fuck, the title does need a big Goldberg v Lesnar shaped boost. But... getting creative (tipsy) now, if the match was Lesnar vs Goldberg for the title, Orton might want to fuck over Lesnar for "caving his head in" as you eluded to.

Swerve city, as I say. You never know what might happen lol
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 8:38 am

See im thinking Harper will help Wyatt win the title in the chamber, I also think the Goldberg and owens match has to go on for more than 2mins but theres ways round it to make that happen without destroying kevin lasted longer than lesnar by having Jericho and owens beat down Goldberg.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Chamber spoilers:

Spoiler:

New design of the Chamber kinda took some of the edge off the match though, the massive padding on the metal floor really took some of the danger away.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 pm

The Chamber match itself was quality. Everyone seemed to play their role perfectly. It's not often you have 6 people in a match and they all look like and come off as credible potential match winners

Miz's reaction shots sold everything on another level. Fuck cutting to the crowd, add Miz close Ups to every match lol.

I think I genuinely enjoyed everything about the match. The chemistry between Dean, John and AJ was obvious again. I could have watched them for at least 20 more minutes at the start.

To me, the outside looked like it was similar to the ring itself. But without the springs so it didn't flex as much. During the show when you see underneath it was clearly a wooden platform. The old grating was a pretty bad idea. It make it feel more dangerous (because it was lol), but I don't think the new one was any worse without it. They made use of everything at their disposal. Although Corbin could have thrown Ambrose down the stairs at one point, the opportunity was there and the camera angle was great for it.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyMon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 8:21 am

The padding took away the sound, which always exaggerates the effect of landing on it. It was a really good match though, and I'm mystified at how a company can book Corbin and Strowman so well, and yet make virtually everyone else look like a chump.

Raw spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 am

SD Spoiler

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 am

So, if everything happens the way things are looking, we've got a card of:

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar (Universal title?)
Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt vs Luke Harper (WWE title)
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho (Universal title?)
AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon
Triple H vs Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns vs Undertaker
Big Show vs Shaquille O'Neal
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs Miz & Maryse
Charlotte Flair vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax vs Bayley (Women's title)

I'm wondering if James Ellsworth also ends up facing Dean Ambrose in a short 'comedy' match.

Doesn't leave much for the IC title, either tag titles, and some big names not doing much (Strowman, Sheamus, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Joe, New Day - and I'd have Enzo & Cass would be there somewhere to warm the crowd up at the start of the card).

Looking like a packed card already. It's going to be another 5 hour 'epic', isn't it?

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Corbin vs ambrose for IC title will defo happen at mania Corbin will get a push from then also think Zayn Vs Joe
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 2:21 pm

Also think Strowman will win the Andre the giant battle royal
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Wouldn't suprise me if the www title was a multi-man match involving wyatt, orton, harper, AJ and Cena. If AJ faces Shane it will be a waste. Why would they face each other unless I've missed something. I understand the mixed tag match but not a fan of it.

If Goldberg and Lesnar are on last then it will be for the title. I don't think owens v Jericho is a big enough draw for a Wreatlemania ppv.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 7:20 pm

AJ never getting his one on one rematch from Shane is the recurring theme. Which is why I'm hoping it will turn out that he faces Shane... But for a spot in the main event, complete his babyface turn to replace Cena when he leaves to go to Hollywood.

the easy option is to have Randy as the top face on SD, but that will be the same old solution. AJ could help bring other talent up to his level and set WWE up nicely.

Bray was always going to be the guy that replaced Cena in TV time. He can open shows, talk and do all the storyline stuff that will draw in viewers attention to sell the show. But AJ can do the merch sales, make a wish and put on must see matches. So together they should be able to do what Cena did for WWE lol.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 7:49 pm

I'd rather they just did AJ vs Cena for the last time. Much better use of both of them than the mixed tag shite and anything involving Shane.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 pm

So would I. But the way it's looking that's the best we can hope for lol.

The "feud" is being set up without even having Shane and AJ cross on TV. Right now he has had more run ins with Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack. Now that would be a match haha.

The Miz even deserves better than a mixed tag, even if it's with Cena.

The hottest feuds do look set to fade away before WM.

Then there's Ambrose who has unsettled feuds with EVERYONE on SD lol. And now is in a brand new one with Corbin. He was starting to get back to where he was before his Rollins fued (that also didn't get settled) so another year of scrapping his way back up the card looks likely
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 7:28 am

New Day have been announced as Wrestlemania hosts. Seems a bit of an odd decision. Still, will give them more to do than another multi-colour match, and loads of screen time.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 9:20 am

So doubt they'll wrestle at the event then, I find that bit weird and crap for one of the top tag teams they have. , personally im not a fan.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 1:04 am

The tag division is basically nothing now, so they are better off hosting.

Cass still can't do his own finishing move, Enzo will probably end up as a manager/mouthpiece to someone better than Cass. Gallows and Anderson are fodder.

I wondered why there were Rock signs at Raw then I read that he called out CM Punk after the show went off air. When I read it it just looked like fake news lol, but apparently he phoned him in front of the live crowd. Is it not weird that WWE would promote another UFC talent socially. So far UFC got Brock on loan, they get a tonne of Connor Mcgregor promotion from WWE talent and now CM Punk's name tied to WWE's Hollywood megastar. The deal they must have agreed must be ££££££££ because WWE mentioning UFC all the time is only good for UFC otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 1:12 am

Read some more and apparently HHH and Vince were fuming and tried to stop it happening.

This makes sense at least. Punk's name next to the Rock and WWE is just the worst thing you could hope for if WWE aren't actually getting anything from it from the UFC side.

All of this saga, since WWE stars responded to Mcgregor etc reminds me of Eric Bischoff and the Monday night wars. He challenged Vince to a fight on WCW, and Vince nearly turned up. This is why I've always liked Easy E haha. If he got the rival brand owner to turn up on HIS show it would have been unbelievable for WCW. And if he could have goaded Vince in to the point of throwing a punch on WCW tv. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 10:59 am

Punk's name isn't welcome in WWE until the lawsuit between him and that doctor is settled, Punk's had his backside handed to him again and wants his Wrestlemania payday and HoF induction. Basically, Rock can get away with it, because he's Rock and WWE needs him more than he needs WWE.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Asuka has been added to Smackdown live events throughout all of March so guess shes getting the call up soon she is close to breaking Goldberg’s streak from WCW.

Nakamura is suppose to be getting a call up to feud with Aj at mania which will steal the show and he has been spotted backstage at SD for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:14 pm

New Smackdown spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Grec, Bosch... let me guarantee it right now haha
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:01 am

If that happens, that's the biggest shout ever! Although I think you could substitute Finn Balor in for the second chap, and that's a Mania heading match...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread   The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Road to Wrestlemania 33 thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next