Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

England

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

England  Empty
PostSubject: England    England  EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Based on tonight's showing, I think it's fair to say that a couple of players may have taken themselves out of the running to make the final squad.

Jay Rodrigues was shite, out of his depth. Thought lallana looked good, but out of his depth too. Why Milner started I've no idea. Forster did okay in goal, definitely our no 2 keeper.

Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 12:19 am

I regret getting a ticket for Tuesday, we will be dicked by Germany.

Time to start playing up my German side of the family tum de tum 
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:33 pm

I'll start this comment by saying that I didn't watch the match last night. I don't even know what the starting 11 were.

Something that pisses me off about England fans is they scream for players to be given the chance to play then when they do and don't pull up trees the same fans are saying they should of never been in the squad (I'm not aiming that at anyone on this forum).

I'm not James milners biggest fan but i can see why he is picked. He's nothing fancy and doesn't do anything that stands out, but he does the job (I re iterate I didn't see last nights game).

Now the speculation starts who should go and who should start our first World Cup game.

Joe Hart is England's number 1. It wil take something dramatic for him not to be. Forster as Grec said is no2. Personally I would rather John ruddy as number 2. Yes he got 7 pit past him the other week but the premier league is more intense and playing for a team like Norwich he's getting a lot of practise rather than Forster between the sticks at Celtic.

In defence you have the baines ot cole argument. Personally I wouldn't even have Ashley cole on the squad. I'd have baines as left back with Kieran Gibbs the back up. Cole can't get in the Chelsea team. Phil jagiella almost picks himself. His partner is Gary Cahill but, like cole, isn't a guarantee in the Chelsea team. If Ryan shawcross comes out as English (and not welsh that I've heard being banged around) I'd have him partner jagiella. Kyle walker in at right back but watch out for the Southampton player Clyne (can't remember first name).

Is play 2 holding midfielders. Those two I would pick is the captain Steven Gerard. He seems to be doing that with Liverpool these days. I'd play his club team mate Jordan Henderson in the holding role.

Wayne Rooney is the man up front. Easily our best player. That leaves 3 players that will support Rooney. These 3 in my opinion should be Lallana, Wilshere and welbeck.

They should use this World Cup as a start for the future. It's been said before and out with the old etc etc but I do think this is the time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:06 pm

If England are to play a 4-2-3-1 formation at the world cup which is the most popular formation used by the biggest/best sides, then the 2 in midfield needs to have a centre mid that can pass and a box to box midfielder that can dribble and that can bring the ball forward. For me those 2 players are Carrick and Wilshere.

As for the first X1, I'd play - Hart Walker Jones Smalling Baines Carrick Wilshere Welbeck Rooney Townsend Sturridge.

I think the defence will be England's first choice for years to come with Baines being replaced by Gibbs when the time is right. The defence is quick and mobile and Smalling/Jones are decent enough to bring the ball out from the back and play it into midfield which most top centre backs are able to do these days.

As for midfield and attack I think the front four would be able to link well together in little passing moves with Rooney and Welbeck interchanging at times. Sturridge has shown this season and last that he's a good finisher so I feel should be given a chance at centre forward. If there are injuries/suspensions I would swap Sturridge for Gerrard and play Rooney up top. Also, provided Young picks up form I'd also bring him into the squad.

Don't think Walcott should start on the subs bench as an impact sub, don't think he's good enough to be a winger and hasn't really played at centre forward to warrant to being selected for that role.

Might look bias towards United and it probably is, but just some thoughts I'd share on the England situation.

Predictions for England v Germany?

Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:27 pm

.......................Hart.......................
Walker.....Jones.........Jagielka...Baines
.............Gerrard......Wilshere............
Walcott............................Townsend
.................Rooney........................
.....................Sturridge..................
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Completely forgot about Townsend. I'd have him replace Lallana in my team.

I can't see jones and smalling partnership working when they don't play there for Utd. Smalling plays right back. Jones has as well and in the CM in front of back 4. Only played CB half way thru the arsenal game. I they start playing CB regularly them yes I'd have those two but at the minute no.

Walcott is very hot and miss at both club and country level. If Aaron Lennon continued doing what he's doing on this form then of have him replace welbeck on my team.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 am

I'd be tempted to replace Walcott with Oxlade-Chamberlain depending on how much Wenger plays him and how he does. Another with potential would be Zaha, I was at Old Trafford for the league cup game against Norwich and he looked lively and exciting.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:34 am

There is loads of potential around but they are just not playing for their clubs. Jack Roswell is a player I really rate but with his injures he's not getting a look in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

England  Empty
PostSubject: Re: England    England  Empty

Back to top Go down

England
Page 1 of 1