Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

England

Go down 
+2
hodge13
dwindow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

England Empty
PostSubject: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:28 pm

With a lackluster performance against Wales last night, where would you if you were Capello take the England team from here and who would be your 23 man squad for the Euros?

Personally, with just a point needed to qualify I would sit down with the FA and ask for a contract extension until the conclusion of the 2014 World Cup with a promise to bring forward a new generation of players. I would then axe the older 'has beens' from the side who have never performed for England: Gerrard, Crouch, Lampard, Ferdinand etc. whilst keeping Terry around the team for experience for the last trip to steady the nerves. After that match strip Terry of the captaincy and replace him with a suitable replacement. And then in the friendlies before the Euros try these new players and get them to gel, it's a long process and so expectations would be low for the Euros meaning the pressure is off the youngsters.

My starting England line-up for the Euros:

Cole Young
Jones Parker
Hart Cahill Cleverley Rooney Carroll
Smalling Walcott
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Wow, that formation didn't work! I'll try again....

Hart

Smalling Cahill Jones Cole

Cleverley Wilshere

Young Rooney Walcott

Carroll
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:35 pm

I was at the game and the performance wasn't good, Ashley Cole was one of the worst on the pitch as was Smalling yesterday, However I would be keeping Terry around for now as I still think he adds to the team.

My team for now:

............................Hart...............................
Richards....Cahill...........Terry...........A.Cole
................Parker...........Barry
Walcott..............Young.................Downing
.........................Rooney

bringing in Micah Richards for a go at right back, hell if he's getting chances for Man City who could buy a right back if wanted. Baines coming through soon to replace Cole, Wilshere, Cleverley and Adam Johnson coming through as next midfielders, no need to replace Rooney up top. Gerrard/Lampard would still make the bench for me depending on how they are playing in the premier league as they can provide experience from the bench depending the situation.

Future team after Euro's/building into world cup

............................Hart..................................
Richards....Cahill............Terry/Jones...Baines
...............Wilshere.........Cleverley.................
Walcott.................Young..................Johnson
............................Rooney
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:51 pm

I think you make some valid additions to the team, I like Richards and although it seems like he's been around for ages I forget he's still young. Baines is the natural replacement for Cole but I feel Cole over a number of years has been one of the best players for us so Baines has a lot to live up to.

As far as your front 4 go, I think Johnson needs to be playing regular football to justify a place and I think it would suit us more to have Rooney play in a free role with the big, powerful and hopefully fit Carroll up front to hold it up for the pacey attacking mids
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:03 pm

tbh i don't see Johnson staying at Man City past this season if he isn't going to be getting games there, so when i say after Euro's he probably will be getting regular games
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:13 pm

I wouldn't read much into that game. Pretty much through no matter. They knew they could coast. Why risk injury by trying, back to their clubs and something that matters more
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

I cant see much difference from the squad now until after the Euro's. Joe Hart will be there for at least 8 years.

Defence, Ashley Cole has no competition for Left Back. Leighton Baines has more average games than good games. I think Glen Johnson could be our future left back. Centre Back is where I think we are the strongest but for the Euro's I can't see anyone but Terry and Ferdinand (if both fit).
Right Back I'd play Micah Richards. I see Chris Smalling as a Centre Back.

Midfield seems ok if played right. Parker, Barry and Milner are too defensive to play in the same team. Lampard and Gerrard still have games to play. Wilshire and Cleverly are the future. Walcott, Johnson, Young and Downing are all great on their day.

I see our forward line as the problem. Only Rooney really that does anything. Crouch, Carroll, Defoe and Bent have all had chances and haven't fitted in (I know Crouch has a good scoring record but I see him more of an impact player).

So, my team for the Euro's (if all fit) would be...

.......................Hart
Richards...Terry...Ferdinand...Cole
Walcott...Parker...Gerrard...Downing
...........Young
................Rooney

Team for the future would be

......................Hart
Richards...Smalling...Cahill...Johnson
Walcott.....Jones......Wilshire...Downing
...............YOung
.................Rooney

Rooney and Young playing for the same club can only help and I think Phil Jones should be our holding midfielder.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:37 pm

walcott is not and never will be a starting quality international player. Yes he can run fast, and then? Not got a football brain at all. Smalling has been transformed by fergie, confident on the ball and can only improve going forwards, mentally much better than richards, otherwise you think someone might have gone with richards before, if he had that quality. Midfield looked lost without wilshere which is pretty funny, milner seemed to have to do everything.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:12 pm

with current players id go for

------------Hart
Kelly---Terry---Cahill---Cole
-----Parker---Wilshere
Young---Gerrard---Downing
----------Rooney

ive gone with kelly because he hasnt had a bad game for us at rb yet, but it remains to be seen when both are fit if kenny goes for johnson or kelly, kelly is a fantastic defender, whilst deceptively good going forward, johnson has improved defensively in the past year so i think when hes fit he will be back as first choice for club and country, but i would go forkelly as i think the full backs would be less improtant if the wingers can produce, cahill ahead of rio is close, but i think if he hasnt done before it, rio will retire from england duty after the euros, parker and wilshere seems like the logical pairing at cm/dm, gerrard all depends on what he is like after his long term injury, but he works well with rooney and i think would be more bersatile for team tactics than lamps, young and downing seem to be the obvious choices, lennon and walcott have a poor end product, and johnson will need games at another club to stand a chance, and rooney looks to be improving all the time as a lone striker, and i think the gerrard/rooney partnership is better than rooney/carroll
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Richards is improving quite a bit i think. I can't comment on Martin Kelly as I haven't seem much of him. Theo Walcott is also improving I think. He's still young and has a lot of years ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Yeah I'm not Walcott's biggest fan but I think he is a much better player now than he was even a year ago. As for Lennon being mentioned he is nowhere near good enough to get into the side, even the squad, we have far better players in a strong area for our team.

As for Kelly I'll watch out for him as I haven't seen much of him either.

What about a player like Jagielka? He is chased after in the Premier League but not thought of in these teams? Or even Rodwell? Does he have a future in the England side?
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Jack Rodwell in my opinion does have a future if he books up his ideas as last year he was below par. Jagielka, however, whilst a really good player doesnt have age on his side as he is 29 and so will probably miss out on becoming an England regular. I think Phil Jones is the future of the centre of defence. Id like to see him and Terry (if hes still playing at this point) play at the World Cup.

My Euros team would be

Hart

Richards - Terry- Cahill - Baines

Young - Wilshere - Gerrard - Johnson

Rooney - Bent
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:50 am

I completly forgot about Rodwell! He'd definatly be in my tea in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

England Empty
PostSubject: Re: England   England EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:33 am

bout nicholas powell and max clayton bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

England Empty