Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Daniel Bryan released?

Go down 
+18
Sexton Hardcastle
Discopants
hodge13
Perfect Jack
macclads
WykidWill
Rocky2
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Saint Jimmy
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
JacMan
tomko
Junior
the-gaffer
Mackem
Grecian
InvincibleIleak
Bobby Roode
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 am

I have not got the foggiest now.

If it's real then WWE have made a huge mistake.
If it's a work then WWE have just played the IWC at their own game and created such a big storyline.

Here's another post from Wrestlezone about it:

Reasons To Believe The Firing Is Legitimate....

The famous “wish him best in his future endeavors” announcement on WWE.com was posted. Typically when we see “firings” that are part of a story, the most activity we see is the wrestlers name being removed from the superstars page on WWE.com.

Bryan Danielson is not a product of the WWE. When a guy is over with the crowd and is different, you would think that he has solid job security, but the WWE did not get to design Danielson to the specifications that they have focused on in the past. He made himself a star in an underground format with fans that traditionally take an “anti WWE” attitude.

Reasons To Believe The Firing Is A Work....

The circulating reported explanation that him choking Justin Roberts was too violent and against the PG level of content sounds like something that would be out of this anarchy invasion type angle. They would tell us in the story that Justin Roberts was threatening to file a lawsuit etc etc...because he is a ring announcer or has emotional distress. Lets face it, if it was that serious of a matter, it would have been dealt with in a faster fashion. Obviously the time keeper and everyone else that was at ringside getting beat up knew that they would be apart of this. I find it hard to believe there was no prior discussion or instruction between Danielson, Justin Roberts, the writers, McMahon and Kevin Dunn that they would do that spot. The cameras were ready to pick it up, the director was ready to pick it up. Could Roberts really have been planning on just taking a stray punch and falling to the ground and instead let Danielson put him on his stomach and choke him with a tie?!

From the start of “Daniel Bryan” in the WWE, the whole gimmick has been that he is underground, internet sensation etc....
Michael Cole made a point to emphasize that for weeks. If you were going to make any move to keep with this momentum of internet buzz that the invasion angle has gained and FIRED BRYAN DANIELSON.....to make the announcement online that he is fired and get the internet community engaged in this whole thing. Just look across the web at the amount of people who are waiting for RAW to see what happens with the NXT invasion angle plus any clues or explanation to this Daniel Bryan angle.

I will say that I hope it is a story. For a few reasons. Obviously I think he is a great performer and excited to see what he could do on the biggest stage in pro wrestling. I also think if this is a story, than its been done very well by the WWE. They have cranked it up from just removing a guys name from the superstars page and making this look very real and personal.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:40 am

This is smelling like a massive work now actually...
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 am

"CM Punk seemed to make light of Daniel Bryan's release at the SmackDown live event last night in Hampton, Virginia, before his match with Kane. Punk entered the ring and cornered announcer Tony Chimel, grabbed his tie and held it while looking back and forth between the tie and Tony's face, threatening him."
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:11 am

His superstar page is still on wwe.com, whereas Carlito and Batista's have both been removed:

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wwenxt/seasonone/danielbryan/

If it is a work, then it's a stroke of absolute genius by WWE. And that's something I don't write very often!
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 am

Punk really be allowed to do that if McMahon was worked up about the Danielson situation?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:14 am

also, i reckon it is a legit firing but Vince and Danielson agreed that Bryan will return at the end of the 90 day no compete clause and it will be pre planned worked into the current storyline.

What day was he fired on? So we can work out 90 from there
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:22 am

hodge13 wrote:
Punk really be allowed to do that if McMahon was worked up about the Danielson situation?

It's a good way to build up heel heat, by mocking the sacking of the internet darling. Plus I'd be surprised if Vince is all that worked-up about it. I'm working on the assumption that he would have been sacked a lot quicker than 4 days later, allowed to work the FCW show the following night doing essentially the same angle...
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:27 am

fair point, maybe at extreme rules next year we can have threatend by a tie match
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 am

hodge13 wrote:
fair point, maybe at extreme rules next year we can have threatend by a tie match

Not PG enough, I'm afraid...
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Rocky i dont know about character limit but he obviously done it over several tweets i copied and pasted them i didnt even get it off wrestling news so its real!

I chekced back later though and he wrote LOADS of tweets to people saying thanks so his messages would go of his first page almost like he got told to delete them but didnt know how
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:08 pm

Source: www.lordsofpain.net

- John Cena's Tweets regarding Daniel Bryan have caused a lot of speculation, mainly that Cena addressing the release on Twitter makes it feel much more like an angle and not a legit departure.

WWE's whole idea behind putting Cena on Twitter was to push storylines and his character. It's no secret that WWE officials want their talents to use Twitter as a way to push what's on TV.

As noted before, some within the company have been feeling like Bryan's release is an angle and with Cena's new comments, that feeling among some is stronger than before.
---------------------

Interesting if true. Can't see how an angle like this would make sense though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:20 pm

from sun

Quote :
WWE have announced the release of Bryan Danielson, apparently for breaching the company's PG rules.

Former Ring of Honor champion Danielson, 29, has been appearing on WWE TV as Daniel Bryan and was often the focus of the fledgling NXT show, feuding with Michael Cole even after his elimination.

The timing is particularly interesting as Danielson was one of the eight NXT season one wrestlers to participate in the Raw closing angle that is the talk of wrestling at the moment.

WWE.com simply announced the release in their normal perfunctory way, but rumours have been swirling all weekend about the reasons for Bryan receiving his marching orders.

One theory is that Danielson was told at least once to be more PG in his attitude on TV, but still went out on Monday Night and choked ring announcer Justin Roberts with his tie, before spitting on John Cena.

Another goes further suggesting a "very important person" - possibly from Linda McMahon's Senate campaign - complained about that angle and insisted Bryan be let go.

There was initial scepticism over the firing though.

Some are speculating that the release is a 'work' - intended to further a storyline rather than being a real sacking.

John Cena, the face of the WWE, has even been on Twitter to defend Bryan - something he has never done in the past for a fired superstar and therefore making many wonder.

Adding fuel to the fire is the fact that most of Cena's previous Tweets have been storyline, rather than real life, related.

John wrote: "I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like Bryan to come back to the WWE.

"I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I believe in. I tried and failed, so I could use some help.

"Tell me how to sign and I will."

Danielson has also Tweeted, writing: "Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring.

"Biding my time, waiting for the right moment to speak."

However it should also be noted that storyline-wise Daniel Bryan did not have a WWE contract and experts and those close to Bryan's friends are indicating that the release is legit.

If the release is real then speculation that Danielson could join TNA after a statutory 90-day layoff is inevitable, with potential matches and feuds with the likes of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe and Desmond Wolfe offering a mouth-watering prospect.

WWE Raw is expected to be focussed on last week's NXT invasion angle, but now all attention will be on how they address the removal of their most noted name.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:23 pm

wrestlezzone
Quote :
I was told that it is well known amongst wrestlers and employees in WWE that blatant choke holds with weapons or the ring ropes are not allowed in WWE, and the reason why is directly because of the events which occurred during the Chris Benoit tragedy.

I was told that Vince McMahon himself called Danielson directly on Friday night and informed him of his WWE release. Immediately after, Stephanie McMahon informed the rest of the WWE employees and talent that Danielson was no longer with the company.

Many online reports are suggesting that Danielson was thrown under the bus, so to speak, with this firing and from what I was told that is generally true. The source I spoke with gave me the impression that Danielson will be re-hired on the "91st day," which is a reference to his 90 day no-compete clause. Of course this is NOT a confirmation that Danielson will indeed be hired back, but the impression I was given is that Danielson's firing was something that WWE had to do to make sure they followed protocol, and not necessarily something that WWE wanted to do
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:36 pm

hodge13 wrote:
also, i reckon it is a legit firing but Vince and Danielson agreed that Bryan will return at the end of the 90 day no compete clause and it will be pre planned worked into the current storyline.

What day was he fired on? So we can work out 90 from there

If the WWE wanted to hire him back they could at anytime, they wouldn't need to wait for his 90 day no compete ran out as thats only a 90 day no compete clause with a rival company!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Man this is really confusing now. At first when I heard about it I thought it had the smell of a work but then this whole thing with the tie and Mattel or the USA Network has made me think its legit but now with Cena tweeting to get him back its making me think again its a work.

Either way its got everyone talking about it so im sure WWE will be happy about that and if it is a work then it could be an extremely hot storyline for when he does indeed come back but like I said im confused so its more a question of if he does come back.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Ive just been on Danielsons twitter and hes just tweeted:

"Biding my time, waiting for the right moment to speak"

Hmm interesting...WORK!!!!!! ITS A WORK!!! It has to be now, surely...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:05 pm

if this is a work, then what do people see happening, as ive not seen wwe at all basically for agggges.

i.e new gimmick, new name? joining punk? the one who killed taker?
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
Vince calls you realising his mistake
Vince calls you realising his mistake
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm

The whole IWC seem to be torn over whether this is a work or whether it is legit. I cant really comment, because like you Sexton, I have not seen WWE programming for a while, but still keep up to date with goings on.

I want it to be a work though, as Bryan is a great talent and has shown this in the last few weeks. It would also make the Nxt invasion seem more invasiony by them saying Bryan was fired for what he did etc and then he comes back to help the Nxt with the invasion, thus making it seem more like an invasion.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:16 pm

atleast whatever happens his profile just shot up massively
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:23 pm

the reinstation petition : http://www.petitiononline.com/bdaniels/petition.html
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
if this is a work, then what do people see happening, as ive not seen wwe at all basically for agggges.

i.e new gimmick, new name? joining punk? the one who killed taker?

I think the main idea is that if this is a work, "Daniel Bryan" will return, at least, as Bryan Danielson, don't know if they would allow him to be the American Dragon though.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:46 pm

Quote :
Earlier today, we reported that the Raw replay on Telemundo included the now infamous shot of Daniel Bryan choking Justin Roberts with his tie.

Well, Jose Roman sent word that on the two Raw replays on Universal HD, the shot of the tie-choking aired as well.

So, this act was so heinous that Bryan Danielson was released, but WWE certainly didn't go out of their way to make sure it wouldn't air three times since Friday (when Danielson was released).
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Yet it didn't make SmackDown!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:30 pm

It also didn't appear on the Sunday morning highlight show (though they did have him ranting into Cena's face)
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Well whether it's a work or not it's certainly got the IWC talking which is want Vince would want,And having not watched a whole show for a long time I am very much looking forward to Raw to see what happens and this will definitely bring viewers in just to see what the fuss is about.

Quote :
Any publicity is good publicity

I for am thinking and hoping it's a work.And if it is then kudos to the WWE for getting everyone talking but it will be interesting to see how they continue it and if's not a work then...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Bryan released?   Daniel Bryan released? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daniel Bryan released?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next