Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Ideas for the US Title

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Ideas for the US Title Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:55 pm

There doesn't seem to be much direction for it at the moment, I think it would be great to see a foreigner win it, someone like Regal and/or Paul Birchill and rename it the United Kingdom Title and have them publicly throw the US title in the trash in the middle of the SmackDown ring, it could be a kind of rip off of the Chris Jericho storyline, have legends of yesteryear come out and say how disrespectful it is and that the strap means so much to American Professional Wrestling.

The new champ could introduce a new title, the "UK Title" and defend that, Regal or Birchill (Preferably Birchill after a push deserving of his talents) would constantly put down American wrestlers and claim only politics keep them at the top of the tree, after a few months of reigning supreme with the strap on SmackDown and weeks and weeks of allowing an open challenge to 'prove him wrong' its the final week of the challenge when no other American can answer the challenge, the lights go out and the music starts and out comes "The All American American" Jack Swagger, who comes out and states that while he has been over in ECW and is happy their he can't stand this impostor holding such a prestigious strap with such contempt.

This would be Swagger's introduction into SmackDown! and while it wouldn't happen in the draft it would happen in such a way that would have maximum impact, I also know it would be a move that would turn him face however thats not a bad thing, I see him as a long term heel however a face turn would be good in order for the eventual big heel run to get maximum impact when he turns on whoever it is he would turn on further down the line!

Now I don't think this is a story they could or should do ASAP, however around July/August time would be perfect timing for it!

It would also create a good bit of interest in the US title and since its on a show that actually seems to care about it and its division then I think it could and would be given the time to allow it to reach its full potential
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Interesting idea, don't really what else there is to say. Would Finlay and DJ Gabriel be involved in this, or would it just be Birchill and Regal? Also, I forgotten what date it is, but if this storyline occurs around St George's day, they could have a special celebration or ceremony which is when Swagger first appears. And I know this isn't the time you stated in your article and I understand why but it would also be good if the storyline took place during WWE's tour of the UK.

One final point, if this is going to take place around July/August time, then I don't see how Swagger would be able to stay on ECW that long. After he loses the ECW Championship which some people think will happen soon, then I can't see what he would do on ECW. Facing the likes of Ricky Ortiz in the ECW midcard would be a step down IMO. Maybe if he holds it until Extreme Rules (which I think takes place around June time) where he would drop it to Tommy Dreamer, he could sustain his momentum until the UK title storyline gets started?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:42 pm

The time scale is not really important, its just a suggestion for a storyline, however I expect one or two biggish names to be drafted to ECW in the draft, not massive names but the likes of Kennedy and R-Truth could be sent their, if they can send Matt Hardy their then those guys are more than fair game!

It doesn't necessarily have to be a UK Title, it could be a Canadian or even a Russian (Kozlov) that does it, the reason I said Regal or Burchill is because Burchill has the talent but needs direction and Regal is fantastic as the heel and is cheered brilliantly in Britain which wouldn't change that
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Would you have swagger turned by then?Could possibly use MVP as the Hero.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:10 pm

I would hope by the time this story would come about MVP would be higher up the card than the US title

I just feel Swaggers gimmick of "All American American" would be perfect for it
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm

The Gimmick would make sense with the storyline.

Hopefully it's either MVP or Christian who gets the MITB to push them up the card a bit as they deserve it
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:25 pm

I think it might just be MVP although I would love it to be Christian, that being said, after Tomorrow nights SmackDown! Shelton Benjamin might be considered a possibility, that being said, Dave Meltzer is saying their is some big back stage heat on him at the moment
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:36 pm

I think it would be a really good shock if Shelton won it But like you said with his alleged backstage heat and TBH I don't think he is ready for it as his Mic Skills still need a vast improvement to lead a brand
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm

I love the idea of a feud over the title in which the title changes. Especially if it was UK as it would allow the British stars to be used more, I would prefer Burchill as it could really kick start his career.

I think Jack Swagger would fit in, but I also think it would be just as good if Shelton Benjamin was used. I think he would work better as a face, (unless he got a manager e.g. Tony Atlas). That way is in-ring could do the talking for him ala Jeff and Mysterio sometimes do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:50 pm

I don't think his mic skills are as bad as some people make out, take a look on Youtube at the parody he and Charlie Hass did of the APA a few years ago and he looks comfortable and relaxed on the mic, I would however have Tony Atlas as his manager

I don't think the MitB winner needs to lead a brand or prove he does, one has to lose the title shot sometime, or like CM Punk or Kennedy who both couldn't or didn't have the capabilities to lead a brand when they won it, he can be used when needed to further other storylines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for the US Title   Ideas for the US Title Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for the US Title
Page 1 of 1