Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)

Go down 
+4
C4lum
the-gaffer
Grecian
pablo1610
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pablo1610
Fandango
Fandango
pablo1610

Number of posts : 610

WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) Empty
PostSubject: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:45 am

watching raw last night, i couldnt help but notice the world of difference between the two announcements of the main event matches.

the build up to the WWE title match seems to be taking great shape and is developing into a potentially strong main event.
it was obvious that even tho orton had said he wanted the winner of edge and cena, that he was ultimatly going to go for the WWE strap. the crowd were fully engrossed with this angle, when triple h hit the ring the crowd loved it. the crowd were so hooked up in the whole thing it was unbelievable. i fully believe that triple h and randy orton have the potential to pull off one of the greatest wrestle mania matches of all time because the chemestry these two have between each other and how the pair of them can captivate the crowd.

then the polar opposite happens

edge, who i believe can still pull off an amazing main event and is one of the top performers in the whole company, finds out that his opponent is going to be the big show, to almost no crowd reaction at all. i can fully understand this. the rivalry hasnt been hyped that much. very little infact. the whole idea of seeing big show main event a wrestle mania seems very tedious and boring. hopefully this rivalry can be explored a bit more in the 30 or so days leading up to wrestle mania because right now this match has the potential to be another goldberg/lesnar match. unfortunatly if this happens it wont do any justice to edge, he deserves a more exciting run with the strap. preferably it should have been a traditional WM main event. get a heel who the crowd love to hate (i.e. edge) against one of the top face competitors. while i dont like cena that much. like it or not he gets the crowd going. he gets the reaction and he draws in crowds. i would much rather see him in the main event than big show.

thats just my opinions anyway. sorry if this doesnt seem coherent. its a very long time since iv had the drive to write something like this!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:47 am

The announcement for the Smackdown one makes me think they've got Hogan to appear and face Cena. I honestly don't see Big Show as a big enough star to be main-eventing Mania, he's got fuck all stamina, and Edge's Spear should not be used as a finisher on the night, it's simply not realistic enough for it to beat Big Show.

if Hogan doesn't appear, I reckon Cena will get added to a triple-threat, which would cover some of Big Show's stamina problems, he can then at leats spend most of the macth selling at ringside.

I also have a funny feeling it'll get announced that Show and Vickie have been having an affair.

the Raw main event was announced brilliantly, Orton showing again how great he is at the moment, and I think Trips does 'Angry' much better than most of the roster.

And a small final point: dunno if anyone else has/will notice this, but someone in the crowd held up a sign saying 'Support IED sufferers'. My vote for Sign Of The Year
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 pm

Good article Pabz

I noticed the same thing, like they put more emphasis on the WWE title, however not sure if thats the case, I think it was more like they put more emphasis on the Royal Rumble winner rather than the actual belt, its just because Triple H is the holder of that particular title, or at least I would hope thats the case, the World Heavyweight Championship for me has more prestige and history and its the one I personally prefer!

Grec, you make some good points and ones that I also thought, Cena maybe due a rematch for the title, not sure, I remember he played some sort of rematch clause for WrestleMania after Orton got himself DQ'ed at last years No Way Out, which in turn made that a Triple Threat, so they can definitely go down that rout if the Hogan Cena match doesn't come off, I think last night was a strong hint that Hogan has at least been given the option of appearing, big mistake if you ask me, Cena gets mixed reactions as it is, going up against Hogan at WrestleMania could push the entire crowd against him, if not that then a mass majority!

So unless they are planning on turning Cena heel then having him go up against Hogan doesn't make much sense.

I also thought that this could be the beginning of an Edge face turn, he is given a world title defence against John Cena, on a show he isn't even rostered too, Vickie Guerrero is the interim General Manager of RAW yet makes no appearance, Edge has to go out alone to his match and neither Vickie or the Big Show get involved to keep him the champion, they also leave him sitting shocked on the RAW ramp as she announces Show as the No.1 contender.

It does look like they are building to announce Show and Vickie have some sort of relationship

I personally feel SmackDown! has been let down in all of this, fair enough the Edge vs Cena match could and should have been on RAW, however after retaining the strap Edge should have opened up SD! on Friday with a celebratory promo alongside Vickie, before the Big Show interrupts and Vickie makes an announcement, they are all predominantly SmackDown! registered workers so I believe that Show should have been given the chance to make that sort of announcement, possibly with RAW ending with Vickie telling Edge that she will make the No.1 contender announcement on Friday to maybe get people watching SD!

I still think they have made a big mistake with the SmackDown! main event, I really think they could have had a Triple Threat or a Fatal Four-way and added Matt and Jeff against Edge
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:30 pm

On a side note, I thought Triple H gave his best Promo in about 5 or 6 years, while I'm no brilliant fan of DX anymore either I think Shawn standing by his side would make more sense since Orton has Legacy, it makes sense, he is his best friend and they are Degeneration X, no fun skits, no stupid breaking of kayfabe, just two serious guys out to protect one of their families
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:37 pm

In regards to the Smackdown main event being revealed on raw, I can see the thinking behind this - for the simple fact Smackdown is taped, and spoilers would appear all over web before it was screened. At least this way, it was a little bit of a surprise.

for the next few weeks, I want Orton and legacy to really wind up Trips, knowing that he can't react back. Then use legacy to keep provoking him, a few run-ins, that kind of thing. And even though Orton against Trips has been done before, I think the build-up to this has been amazing. WWE at their best!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm looking forward to the Orton vs Triple H match, more so than any Helmsley match in recent memory, while it has been done before it hasn't been done like this, its completely different, the one thing the WWE usually do best is the big build up for a big match and this has been done expertly so far.

As for Legacy, I don't see this as a long term thing, not anymore, I can see both Rhodes and DiBiase being sacrificed in the coming weeks, while Trips can't touch Orton I don't think he can't touch Pricele$$
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Country : WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) England-1

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Edge v Big Show - I hardly consider this to be good enough for a Mania main event, I like them both but I cant see Show pulling off a spectacular match, to make it a little more interesting I would definitely involve Cena in this, Triple threat between them sounds allot better to me, to be honest I think that’s what will happen in the next few weeks.

Can anyone else see a Edge face turn from this? I’m sensing a little bit of romance between Show n Vickie!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:08 pm

Heel vs Heel never works in my opinion, so if its one on one then I expect one of them to face turn in the next two weeks, I have wanted to see Edge as a face for a while, I think if he is to be considered as a true great he has to be considered a top face as well as an awesome heel.

For the record and my two bobs worth, I think Edge will turn face and in the coming weeks he will accuse both Vickie and Show of having an affair which both will deny although its what Show wont say that annoys him, while he would say he isn't involved with Vickie he would give out looks that suggest otherwise, then Edge will demand a divorce which will make the crowd insane with joy and totally behind him, then at WrestleMania Vickie would screw Big Show out of the title and a double turn would take place, allowing Edge to return to his normal character and turning Big Show face!

I am not a big fan of The Big Show, however he is an excellent talker and is a big name in Pro Wrestling and obviously a multiple former world Champion (5 time) so it was always likely he was going to be involved sometime, and since his return at last years No Way Out, he has paid his dues, he has done the whole Floyd Mayweather angle then the Khali programme then the long feud with The Undertaker so it was only a matter of time before he got his shot at the main event!

Again though, I would rather see a Triple Threat main event between Edge Matt and Jeff, and add Cena to that for a four-way if needed, however that doesn't look anywhere near likely now!

I would like to see Jeff Hardy concentrate more on the title though, he said he doesn't want to fight his brother, so surely the World Title would be the most logical move forward then, and if he did that then thats where Matt could enter the world title scene
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:25 pm

I thought it was an excellent Raw, the Triple H/Orton feud is really heating up and Triple H is at his best when he's like this, except being heel. They both know how to play off of each other and hopefully we'll see something similar in the match at Mania.

I really hope the Big Show does not main event Wrestlemania, I was certain it would be Edge vs. Cena, but now I'm guessing/hoping it will be at least a triple threat with Cena added in. Big Show, although I like him, wouldn't work well with Edge and if Edge was to beat him it would be slightly unrealistic.

Also as already mentioned it would be heel vs. heel.

Also does anyone else think Cena has improved a lot? He seems a lot quicker and more atheltic now a days than before. I am actually starting to enjoy him in the ring, and I generally like him on the mic anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 7:34 pm

On that token, if its unrealistic that Edge could beat The Big Show, how realistic is it that the Show is not the champion already?

I think The Big Show will definitely be in the main event now, its just a matter of what type of match it will be and who if anyone else will be involved, while I'm no big fan of it I can see the logic in it and if it leads to an Edge face turn even if its only temporary then I think it will be worthwhile

While I'm no Cena hater, I think it would be good for him and the other guys if they don't continually have him in World Title main events at PPV's
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:24 pm

If it turns out with Hogan v Cena leaving the title match to be Big Show v Edge whats the chances of the MITB being cashed in immediately at the end of it to liven up what probably will be a fairly mundane match up?
Case of Deja Vu for Cm Punk on Edge?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:24 am

Not sure Maccs, while I think its a credible idea, I feel if they did something like that it would be the last act of WrestleMania, the go home moment, however I think the WWE title match between Trips and Orton will be the last match of the night.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Although I think Punk is set for another run at the big time sooner rather than later I think the MITB cash in wouldnt warrant the main event spot. Orton/HHH has to be nailed on for that.
But I do think WWE are doing their hardest to make this THE Mania of many a year so there will be several major shocks/twist/omg moments and Punk cashing in may be just one of them. From the latest announcements that have joined MITB at present there are only a couple of people who look genuine winners and Punk is one.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:32 pm

If Shelton Benjamin qualifies, then I would love to see them pull the trigger on him, I don't even think thats an option though, however for me MVP is the favourite so far, if he qualifies

I still wouldn't rule out JBL though
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 pm

I would love to see someone try and cash in the MitB on the night and lose! Rey Mysterio or JBL would probably be the best two to go with this scenario. I think if the winner of the MitB came out at the end of a match between Edge and Big Show, (which hopefully Edge will win.) everyone would immediatly think that he's going to get the title, to lose the match IMO would be more of a shock if he had won it.

It might not even neccesarily make them look weak, if Edge cheats to win the match when they cash it in. I also guess that means it would only really work with Mysterio.

If not then I would prefer if someone was to keep the briefcase for a long time, I think it suits a heel more as he can use it to help him win matches ala Edge the first time he won it.

I think the only way it works for a face if he makes it an official match first like RVD did. MVP is the only face I think who could realisticly win it at the moment. CM Punk is perhaps a dark horse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:54 am

Regarding the potential legend to face Jericho why not Gaffer's old time favourite Sid?
Fit and ready for action and would probably make it a lot more believable than a damned site load of guys that have been mentioned previously.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:37 pm

What a shout that is Maccs, John Laurentis has been a one man crusade trying to get Sid back into the WWE and to make it more interesting, Big Sid was scheduled to appear in Booker T's wrestling 'festival' in Mania week and he pulled out, a few big names that are associated with the WWE have pulled out because the WWE requested they do something for them that week, I wonder if Sid is one of them!

Great shout, my only concern is WrestleMania could turn into a circus with Sid,Hogan and Austin if the other two appear
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:47 pm

He'd be great for someone like Jericho. Imagine the look on his face as he's pulling off a great heel promo to the Mania crowd when suddenly Sid appeared at the top of the ramp, veins popping in his head etc.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Sid as a face though?

Shame if he is, because I haven't seen anyone get so much heat just talking in the ring about nothing in particular. He was amazing at getting pissed off at the crowd, looked like he was ready to kill them all.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 am

Aye but he would always get the big pop on his return if and when he does return, he could turn quickly though
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:39 pm

While I am enjoying the Orton vs Triple H feud, I hope they keep the focus on what Orton did to the McMahons rather than what happened to Orton during his time in Evolution. I just feel like they have done the Orton getting retribution for Evolution story with Batista which resulted in Orton getting revenge by punting Batista in the head and "injuring" him. I also don't think there will be any McMahon heel turns at Mania.

I think the best option would be to have Priceless banned from ringside after they lose a 3 on 2 handicap match in which they team up with Orton to face DX on the RAW before Wrestlemania. This would allow Orton vs Triple H to be a solid wrestling match with no interference and a clean finish. Another option would be to have Priceless interfere in the match which then results in Shane taking out Priceless with the help of Stone Cold Steve Austin (who I am still betting on having a role in this match) while Vince and Stephanie look on. Stone Cold helps Triple H win before stunnering the whole McMahon family including Triple H! Surprised Laughing I doubt Triple H would allow this to happen but I think it would be a good Wrestlemania moment and would remind fans of another previous story from WWE history, the Two Man Power Trip (I think that's what it was called, the tag team with HHH and Stone Cold)

I am also enjoying the Big Show/Edge/Cena story. I like the way it has been progressing slowly and with less focus on it unlike the WWE title story. I do think it will be Edge vs Big Show at Wrestlemania but I also think Cena will have a part to play in either world title match which means no Hogan vs Cena match. I can see Cena being named the special guest referee for Show vs Edge or Cena taking someone out of MITB, taking their place and winning it. This would then result in Cena cashing in the MITB after either HHH vs Orton or Show vs Edge which means Cena ends Wrestlemania either the new WWE or World Heavyweight Champion! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)   WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw) Empty

Back to top Go down

WrestleMania 25 main events (spoiler for last nites raw)
Page 1 of 1