Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)

Go down 
+3
the-gaffer
InvincibleIleak
MaFish
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Country : WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) England-1

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) Empty
PostSubject: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Just watching Raw, first segment was Orton bragging about kicking all of Evolution in their head, cut off by Naitch, beat down on Naitch, Legacy come's down, Batista come's down... Nothing wrong with that, fall out from the PPV and all.

Then what happen's, Cena, who in recent month's has had nothing to do with Orton, Legacy or even Batista for that matter, come's to the rescue, why? I cant figgure it out either? Maybe they just didn't have anybody else in the back? MVP would have more of a reason that Cena to come down, and it would've helped him being put in the main event that was made afterward's.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:23 pm

He did give a reason, but I can't remember it. I think maybe it was to do with the championship and just trying to get his name in there or somat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:36 pm

That's my point exactly, no different main eventer's to go after the title so they have to get Cena and recycle the old shit time and time again. Im sick of seeing Cena vs. Batista, or vs. Orton, or vs. Triple H, or even any mix of those... Sleep
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 5:43 pm

Your spot on, they have decided to go with the 'names' on RAW and the results????? a very slow paced boring show with little to no actual draw to it

MVP should have done a run in last night to save Flair and Batista, along with John Cena

Legacy are meant to be a powerful group so I wish they would treat them as equals, it makes sense, Flairs an old man lying battered on the ground so 3 on 3 would have been more appropriate, then Priceles$$ could have interfered with MVP's match last night and cost him the US title, at least that way it gets if off him and leaves him free to focus higher up the card

Mr Kennedy is not someone I particularly like, but he is for some reason incredibly over and someone who can get involved at that end of the card almost instantly, so now he is having matches on FCW it'd be wise to get him involved ASAP, not for any other reason other than to freshen it up a bit, Shawn Michaels is supposed to be still 6 weeks away from coming back as well but at least MVP and Kennedy could help freshen it up for a bit until Michaels returns and obviously Haitch
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:17 pm

I think with Kennedy down in FCW was just for ring rust, he's not done owt in over a year. Weren't he drafted to SD! last year and just never wrestle because of the injury?

Hear the pop Hogan got when King mentioned his name? You know that's going to go straight to Hogan's over sized head. Be hearing about Hogan at WM 26 lol.

One thing Im liking is Chavo taking over lol. And santina with the shaving nick's lol.

Yeah, hasn't HBK (and 'Taker for that matter) been away since 'Mania? Another 6 week's off too, Im all for him taking time off, he deserves it, but I think the WWE title need's a face like HBK holding it instead of the same line up.

And WWE make some more main event heel's lol.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I honestly thought Edge was a stick on to be drafted to RAW this year, he would have been absolutely perfect for the brand, either as a heel to start off with then later on in the year turning face and having a big program with Orton

I felt they could do that, then i would propel Jericho to the main heel on SD and either have Christian as one of the top faces or the second top heel, if he was a face then turn CM Punk heel
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:28 pm

They need another heel, they only have Orton, and maybe Big Show but some people dont see him as main event material. There only option at the mo is to turn Batista, kinda like how Austin Aries turned last year, feuding with AOTF then turned attacking a former member with the rest of the stable, but never joining AOTF. I think this could transfer nicely over when Dibiase turn's face.

It's crazy though, SD! want's a new face to main event and Raw need's a new heel?
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:44 pm

What I don't understand is why draft over MVP if you needed a face main eventer?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Well I don't think they predicted the problems they would have with The Undertaker or the contractual problems of Jeff Hardy, that being said, I agree with you, MVP in my opinion would have been better suited to staying their and would have benefited because he was ready made to move up the card, particularly since the bigger names where going, I'd have kept MVP and moved The Undertaker, that way he could continue his feud with Michaels, he wouldn't have been missed so much when he took time off and he would have had a chance to freshen up his character
Back to top Go down
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Country : WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) Scotland-2

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:54 pm

I think vince screwed raw on the draft. He wanted all the names on raw thinking thats what people want to see but the last couple of weeks have been dire. There gona have to rush HBK back fast. But im not sure thats going to helps much as he not going to be in the title scence and who is there for him to feud with. They need some workers as well as names to make the show interesting and smackdowns loaded with them. If christians pops continue to grow i deffo could see him coming ova which would be a good move.

I agree they do need a heel more though. Maybe flair could be the fourth member of legacy they teased the arugment with bastista. I think heel a manager flair would allow him to get his fix and make his charcter a lot more intersting.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 6:58 pm

But also push out Priceless, they would only need Flair if they weren't very good on the mic IMO and all of them are better than Flair on the mic these days.
Back to top Go down
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:10 pm

Yea priceless need more time on the mic for sure. I just dnt wana see flair in this role that weve all seen before and the only over option for hi would be to be a heel. Im nt sure though if he would be able to get any real heat
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Country : WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) Ireland

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 7:51 pm

The problem with raw is none of the title match possibilities excite the fans. At extreme rules Orton vs Batista promises to be boring again then maybe orton vs cena. Raw definetly needs to freshen up the main event scene.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
SteRDLK
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
SteRDLK

Location : Salford Number of posts : 110 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Edge
CM Punk
William Regal

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:05 pm

A couple of names that could be thrown into the mix for a new main eventer are Jack Swagger and William Regal

Both are at completely different ends of their careers, but Regal can definitely talk, and he can wrestle too (his new feud appears to be shit). For those that dont know yet -
Spoiler:

Jack Swagger is a guy who can wrestle, and can also talk, despite his obvious hindrance. But I still think it would be way too soon to move him from ECW.

Theres the guys like Christian, Porter, M. Hardy who we all know could be main eventing within a year.

The big problem with Raw is it has no strength in depth. There is the main event guys - Orton, HHH, Baptista, HBK, Cena, Big Show. From there, you have Kingston, Porter, Hardy, Regal. Then there is Marella, Duggan, Noble, Goldust, Guerrero, and Snuka

Ive left off the tag teams, and my 3rd suggestion for a guy who could also main event. The Miz. Hes got the mic skills, hes got the in ring skills, and most importantly, he has legit heat. There is the next main event heel in my opinion. He has shot ahead of Morrison, which is a total shock to everybody except himself.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:28 am

Again, although I'm not a fan of his you can say that Mr Kennedy could possibly be a short term main event player for a while, doubt he will though as they will stick with the same old, but he is certainly a possibility in terms of overness with the crowd
Back to top Go down
SteRDLK
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
SteRDLK

Chris Jericho
Edge
CM Punk
William Regal

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:06 pm

Kennedy could be to Raw what Ziggler is to SD. Id just hate to see Miz, Hardy or Porters pushes stopped for Kennedy, unless he is pushed as a face.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm hoping their pushes wont be stopped, however with the same guys constantly in the main event scene it does look predictable that if they are going to push a few guys from the midcard then the others will suffer, Matt, MVP and Miz are getting great exposure, maybe if they get rid of Santino they will have room for another one, if not then one of those guys might suffer
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:09 pm

I'd hate to see them get rid of Santino - the guy is hilarious on the mic and i'd like to see him in a proper feud with Chavo, as it could get both of them back to being legitimate wrestlers. Miz and Santino in the ring at Judgement Day was far and away the best contribution from Raw - absolutely genius with Miz crucifying the Cubs and then Santino's jackass comment. With those two guys on the mic on a segment based show, it's a wonder how Raw is so shit at the moment. A feud between Santino and Miz would just be too funny.

Oh and if Raw's future rests on Mr. Kennedy's shoulders then god help us all frankly...
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:15 pm

I can handle Santino, but not Santina, and certainly not on the same show, I just don't think he is important enough to have such a big role on the so called A show
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:25 pm

No arguments from me regarding Santina, never was funny and never will be - i mean a match between Vickie Guerrero and Santina - come on! I just feel that Santino is too good on the mic to be let go. After all Raw is a segment and promo based show, so it makes sense to have most of your strongest speakers there and Santino falls into this category. This is why i thought, like you have suggested Kay Fabe, that Edge would be perfect for Raw and why i thought it was almost suicidal to let Jericho, and to a lesser extent Punk, move to SD! in the draft. This coupled wit JBL retiring and suddenly Raw's roster's mic skills are looking average at best which is criminal for a segmented show.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:30 pm

With Santino though, while he is Comedy gold at times, I think their needs to be a wrestling basis around whats being said in promos, and I'm just not sure now that Santino can actually salvage an in ring career in the WWE, well on RAW anyway, I always felt the best promo guys can put over both himself and his opponent but with Santino its all just silly, which can be fun and is good light entertainment away from the bland Legacy/McMahon storyline but if someone like Kennedy returns they are going to have to find him TV time, and if he is going to promo then their is a good chance that it will be the guy that is the least likely to draw who will step aside
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:44 pm

I think you're right that there does need to be a wrestling basis but i think the guy is just too good on the mic to move away from Raw. He does need a feud with a wresting basis which is why i was excited when he interrupted Miz at Judgement Day. But a legitimate feud with Chavo or Regal could also work wonders for him, it would be so easy for him to completely destroy either of them on the mic, so if this was coupled with some decent matches then there's no reaisn imo why he can't be considered a legitimate mid-carder.

It goes without saying that this Santina thing needs to end now, s/he's no longer Miss Wrestlemania so let's stop it. If it does carry on much longer then yeah i agree that it will be too late to salvage an in-ring career.
Back to top Go down
SteRDLK
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
SteRDLK

Chris Jericho
Edge
CM Punk
William Regal

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:37 am

His match on Raw I think was a way of him starting to become a wrestler rather than a jobber. I hope they incorporate his Boris Alexiev character in someway, even if it was just trainign videos, it would really help him salvage his wrestling career.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:43 am

I agree that on Raw, it looked like WWE were ready to have him as a legit wrestler, he seemed shocked that he could pull off some big moves and could actually wrestle so I have a feeling this will carry on until he just becomes hopefully a proper wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Country : WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) Ireland

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:42 pm

I hope this is an end to the awful santina gimmick. I would like to see santino becoming a legit wrestler while still keeping some of the comedy.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)   WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler) Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Need Some New Main Eventers (RAW Spoiler)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next