Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?

Go down 
+3
boschbourne06
feяgie22
Junior
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Empty
PostSubject: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 4:12 pm

So Discopants convinced me to download my first ever WCW ppv as i never watched it really only saw bits and bobs in the invason storyline obviously. But after watching WCW spring stampede 1998
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Stampede#1998

It has so many similarites to todays TNA , so that brings meto the question can TNA ever challeneg WWE in the ratinggs and have another rating wars on our hands. I know nearly everybody wants them to do cause it will force both companys to improve thier programming .

After watching the PPV i noticed that WCW concentartes a lot on the lighter people as well similar to the X DIVISON which i am big fan of cruserweight style wrestling as many people know and some people dont like it. However despite TNA bieng a 6 sided ring and WCW 4 there still plenty more similarites for example the announcer guy is the same . And one of the commentators is the same not shitty don west but the other one . Also they concentarting on faction war for example NWO in the baseball match and in the no DQ main event.

So surley TNA have these similarites os they can challenge WWE?

Well in my opinoin this is incorrect cause all thouh there are some similarites TNA need to starighten out a few things first like
-Build a TV title a extra title that people challeneg for and is defended evry week [similar to gaffers internte title idea] Also then you can hire more wrestlers for example youll have
-WORLD title
-TV title
-X title
-tag title
-Womens title

-Bring in a few more big names iknow they have booker angle and nash but i think within the next year or two if there really going to challeneg WWE in the ratings they need to steal 2-4 big names for example maybe sign RVD.

-Conecntarte on strong points not week points . For example when TNA try and use comedy it fails 8 out of 10 times so dont use it asmuch however tehy have a striving knockout divison and correct me if im mistaken but did wcw not have a womesn title so they have one up on them.

-A Mjor Impact - Not sure what yet but they need to make a big statement like where here and where here to stay and challeneg WWE i mean they got the right idea with the corss the line thing however they need something big maybe snaekay advertisment like signs in wwe shows i dont know something to really make them on the map.

- Go live they need that rush and adrenaline cause otherwie people may just look at spoilers i remember a while back they went live for one week and it worked fine so why not permantley ?

-Shown same time in uk as us -They need a international market cause many people E.G. Sexton said that he will onyl watch if it gets a live schedule cause otherwise you ahve to wait to saturday or sit at youre comp for one and a half hours.

-Thought about this one for a while know and its easier said than done i admit but sort the ufcking interviews and commentators out i know they want to be loyal as don west as been there since the beggining but for god s sake he isshite. Watching WCW with the 3 commentatotrs IMO didnt really work . But i saw truly how booby the brian hennan is a LEGEND. Anyway get someone such as Paul Heyman in itll make the world of wrestling take notice and thats a good thing. Also with Coachman doing fuck all and his contract running out soon why not hire him instead of these shitty women that change every 2 weeks . Credit to Borash though he gets stik but i think he does his job well.

-GM situation - Came up with a storyline proablly wouldnt work but it could

BISCHOFF V CORNETTE

I know bischoff is doing that celeb werstlng thing but i think a angle where bischoff invades tna with some maybe old WCW people and then cornettes gets a team of some TNA pros would be great i can see it know a survivor series type of match up TEAM CORNETTE V TEAM BISCHOFF for gm job.I can se it escalating to a great match at Bound for Glory

Thoughts?

With that i bid you farwell AU REVIOR
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Country : Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Untitl11

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 4:40 pm

booby the brian hennan taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:19 pm

i never watched a WCW PPV in my life i just watched the tv show

but i dont think they will ever big bigger than wwe

wwe will always be the ultimate show
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:22 pm

they was word that they were going to move iMPACT to monday nights to compete with Raw if that happens that will just kill TNA iMPACT cos i thinnk more people will be watching raw
Back to top Go down
pathhh
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
pathhh

Number of posts : 483 Favourite Wrestler : Orton/Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:39 pm

O yea if they push TNA to monday nights then TNA will be finished. WCW had more of a stronger set of wrestlers IMO in their prime. TNA takes people that were in WCW but were not nearly as good as thye used to be
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:55 pm

Moving a TNA to a tuesday night would be the better move, they shouldn't just go from no competition for ratings, straight to competing with WWE's A show!

Having impact competing with ECW however, im sure TNA would win the mini rating war there, would give reason for WWE to improve ECW, because it has potential in it's roster
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:57 pm

TNA wont move i dont think cos there ratings are good

they will only move if they get higher ratings
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:59 pm

If TNA don't move, they are gonna be stuck as second best forever, competing with ECW would force them to put on the best show possible every week to try and converte the die hard WWE fans, the fans that havn't given TNA the chance
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 8:25 pm

i used to hate tna but i watched one i can remember the angle and sting feud and kurt trying to convince kevin to come back on his side that was a great show now i watch tna every week but wwe is still better by a long shot
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 8:28 pm

I used to watch TNA weekly, but i cant watch a full show now, i somethimes catch it if it's on because i wanna see Cage n Styles, they are the only two making that show worthwile atm for me
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 8:39 pm

joes doing good

angles a great heel

and the story lines are ok

there last PPV was very disappointing started of great end awful
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:54 am

fe®gie22 wrote:
booby the brian hennan taking th piss out o

I write a long article and thats all u have to say ?
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
balding85
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
balding85

Country : Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Scotland-2

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 3:49 pm

TNA has good some good wrestlers, but i feel they are let down by there creative team some of there storylines are poor and they have alot gimmack matches then add loads of stipulations to them so it gets abit confusing IMO! if they got someone like Paul Heyman that would be a good move and the idea of Team Bischoff v Team Cornette i think that would make TNA alot better and abit more interesting!
Back to top Go down
cheatwarrior
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania

Country : Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Scotland-2

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:01 am

TNA has what it takes to be the 'Ultimate Promotion' but isn't it already the 'Ultimate Alternative'?

TNA is by far, not ready to compete with the WWE on a WCW vs WWE basis yet, in a few years, they will do but WWE will have to do the first move (which at the moment is not very likely).

Vince McMahon has stated before that if TNA do not make a move on WWE then he will not bother TNA, but we all know that once TNA gets too big, it's war, which is good for everyone, Vince said it himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?   Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will TNA ever be the Ultimate Alternative ?
Page 1 of 1