Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Title Structuring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

WWE Title Structuring Empty
PostSubject: WWE Title Structuring   WWE Title Structuring EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 12:18 am

The WWE Universal Championship structure

World Champion
Intercontinental Champion
United States Champion
NXT champion
King of the Ring
Andre Memorial holder
Cruiserweight Tournament Winner

Wwe tag team champions
NXT tag team champions
Dusty Classic winners

Womens Champion
NXT Womens Champion
Womens tag Champion?

Universal Championship Trophy: Mens, Womens and Team (competed for at the WWE Universal Championships PPV/special) champions only competitions

you know, so it's like it means something to win things and hold on to titles to qualify for more. Up the excitement leading into the Rumble and Mania season, or add interest in that mid season where Mania is as far away in the future as it is in the past. I've only given this any thought as I typed it, but wouldn't it be nice to have a few months of people really trying to win and hold on to belts for more than just normal rivalries with their polar opposites. Trying to make it to the cut off date as a champion for that chance of universal glory
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WWE Title Structuring   WWE Title Structuring EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 8:38 am

I've been thinking that they bring back the brand split again, and go with:

WWE Champ - on both shows

Raw:
Rename the IC title as the Raw Championship, only on Raw.
Have the women only on Raw

SD:
Rename the US title the Smackdown Championship
Have the tag titles only on SD

You could then have bidding wars for NXT signings and free agents, bring back the brand rivalry, and actually have the two show titles as stepping stones to the big one.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Title Structuring   WWE Title Structuring EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 11:23 am

I like grecs idea , but how would you get challenges for the wwe champion? Surely they'd have to go through the raw / smack down champion first, winning that title, then if you win the big one you are raw / smackdpwn champion and world champion.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WWE Title Structuring   WWE Title Structuring EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 2:51 pm

The way I see it, the WWE Champ feud would go across both shows. So assuming Reigns is champ, he could be cutting a promo on Raw, wrestling on SD, or even have a feud with Cena on Raw and Orton on SD at the same time. The one thing I'd love WWE to bring back is proper number 1 contenders matches (it's the one thing I'd have added to Jericho vs Styles at Mania) so it could be either of the show champs, big names from each show facing each other, anything. Loads of possibilities...

Aside from the belts, I'd also sortbout the writing teams. Instead of having a writing team per show, I'd have s writing team per division - so the tag division has it's own writer, the women have their own writer, the IC title has its own writer and so on. Actually sort out the midcard for once!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Title Structuring   WWE Title Structuring Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Title Structuring
Page 1 of 1