Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?

Go down 
+8
Discopants
JacMan
Grecian
Worthy
InvincibleIleak
hodge13
jlewallen
Junior
12 posters

what title
CruserWeight/LightWeight(Lower weight belt)
Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_lcap28%Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
Tv Title
Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_lcap11%Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Hardcore/Extreme Title
Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_lcap39%Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
European Title
Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_lcap6%Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
MMA title
Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_lcap0%Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other Please State
Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_lcap0%Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None the Titles are fine as they are
Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_lcap16%Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? Empty
PostSubject: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Just had this idea for an article.

CruserWeight: Would be good to push up some of the lighter superstars in to the spotlight like maybe Evan Bourne could benift from it. However i think the lighter superstars are limited at the moment in WWE and the ones who in the company are doing fine.

TV Title : Like a third teir belt after IC and World title could be good to push younger /low card talent such as Paul Burchill

Hardcore Title : I think at the current state this would be the easiest but least practical as the PG rating . However could be easilly done christina goes to either brand keeps ecw but as theres a world title it is now an EXTREME belt or something to that nature. This is the least likley but probally something alot of people would want to see specially if it had the 24/7 rules i used to mark over that big time

European Title- Seems pointless but would suit in a similar matter as the Tv belt without needing a new blet BUT the name european when most holders wernt European seems stupid now.

MMA: Cash in on the idea get some MMA fans in? doubt this would work i dont like this idea but thought id chuck it in here and i doubt many superstars would want to partake in a real MMA fight and a fake MMA fight would be awfull and the time it takes up is uknown so could ruin the schedule.IMO bad idea

Other: Please state

None the titles are fine : if this is youre opinoin please state
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:44 pm

i think the cruiserweight title needs a return that was my favorite belt when i was a kid cause i was a small kid and liked that the crusierweights had the most exciting matches
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:45 pm

to be honest iv been speeding through raw and smackdown matches as of late bar the ones with the cruserweights i just find fast matches so much more watchable
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Country : Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? England-1

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 pm

can i put the return of the tag titles because they are pretty much being viewed as sod all by WWE atm and have some prestige returned to them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 pm

the european title just because i like the look of the belt.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 pm

I would rather they concentrate brining presitge back to the titles they have now than add more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:20 pm

If WWE got rid of all this PG crap then Hardcore title for sure.

As for an MMA title, TNA tried and failed with there attempt at an MMA match when in 2008 at the No Surrender PPV Fank Trigg and AJ Styles had "an MMA match" which was classed as a no contest due to an unintentional low blow (I think it was by AJ) and the crowd were booing all the way through the match and chanting "This is bullshit", "We want wrestling", and "Fire Russo".

Tna also tried to make the Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe match at one of the Lockdown PPV's an MMA type match and in the build up they show Samoa Joe training in MMA and at the PPV Kurt wore MMA gloves and he wore shorts instead of his wrestling costume he usually has. SO NO TO MMA IN WRESTLING!!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:33 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I would rather they concentrate brining presitge back to the titles they have now than add more.

Damn right!
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Country : Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? Scotland-2

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 pm

If they brought back some of the cruiserweights like Kidman and Tajiri i'd like the cruiserweight title to be brought back
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Tough one this.

Definitely not hardcore, it had it's time and belonged in that period.

The European title was just a title for the sake of it, so Heat bums had something to contend over, which wasn't a bad thing at the time, but with two brands now no way.

Cruiser/light heavy could be decent, only thing is I hate the majority of cruiser-weight matches, but that's just personal taste, it certainly seems the most viable option.

TV title again would be hard to utilise with the two brands. Having one show a week really limits stuff and a TV title wouldn't be able to build up any prestige.

MMA would be a bit bum, just watch "Brawl for All" in 99 for proof the two don't mix. (BART GUNN!)

Out of all them I reckon Cruiser is the only viable choice, especially if it was cross brands so it could build up some momentum for the title matches.

By the way, does the US title still exist?
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:05 pm

Discopants wrote:

By the way, does the US title still exist?

Aye, the Miz is the champ
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 7:17 pm

I voted for no new title because i think they have way too many title to begin with. I think they need to get rid of the US belt, and have the mid card guys go after the IC and hopefully bring up that titles prestige, get rid of the ECW belt as thats useless and i'd get rid of the divas belt as well, and id say get rid of the WWE tag titles but their unified so i have no problem with this.

Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? 792452
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:42 pm

cruserweight and hardcore seem to be in close contention
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 pm

For me its the Hardcore title. I always used to love watching a Raw or Smackdown episode and out of nowhere someone would appear and take out the champion. The 24/7 rule was really good and it sort of almost meant that the champion would only have it for a short amount of time. If I remember correctly Steve Blackman was the champion quite a lot
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 pm

It wouldnt be the same without Crash holly
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
It wouldnt be the same without Crash holly

Very true. it was him that came up with the 24/7 rule. Him and Steve Blackman were the people that made that belt what it was. perhaps mabye Bradshaw aswell
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Mean Street Posse....
Back to top Go down
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:26 pm

Would have to be a hardcore style title for me. Doesnt have to be 24/7 or anything like that. Just no DQ and falls count anywhere. Although it wouldn't work in todays WWE and im not so sure a Crusierweight Title could survive either. Hence why they dont have one.

I think they should probably scrap a couple of titles. The US Title should go and maybe for now, retire the Tag Titles.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 pm

I loved the Hardcore Title but absolutely hated the 24/7 rule
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:12 am

i must be the only person who wants the european title back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?   Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring Back One Title/New Title What Would It Be ?
Page 1 of 1