Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time

Go down 
+4
Sexton Hardcastle
Junior
boschbourne06
hodge13
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Country : WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  England-1

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  Empty
PostSubject: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Batista has been training for a return to wrestling and is close to the 290 pound mark (what he wrestled at during his last WWE run). Batista has said in recent interviews that he is interested in returning to WWE and possibly working with The Rock and Brock Lesnar.

With The Rock's WWE future up in the air, and along with it, The Rock/Brock Lesnar WrestleMania 30 match, it's possible that WWE could bring Batista in to fill The Rock's role.

Batista does have a role in an upcoming major movie -- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy -- which starts filming this summer.

The following was reported on April 1st, 2013:

Triple H has recently been in talks with Dave Batista in regards to a WWE return for the former WWE Champion. Apparently the company has been "very pleased" with how much The Rock and Brock Lesnar have been able to improve business despite the limited schedules they've worked. Because of this, they're willing to offer Batista a similar schedule.

The issue is really just coming down to money. Batista wants what was described as a "monster deal" to only work a few times a year and WWE doesn't see his worth as "anywhere close" to Rock or Brock. Another issue is that WWE does not want to risk completely overhauling their pay scale, if suddenly all the top guys want major full-time money for sporadic part-time appearances.

Obviously, there are many in the locker room that aren't happy about Brock and Rock working so little while making more than everybody else, but at least WWE is able to position it as The Rock being a movie star and Brock being a UFC star, and therefore being more of outside celebrities than full-time wrestlers at this point.

Nobody really sees Batista at that level, and word going around is that Batista is going to have to come way down on his money demands if he wants to come in. He's eager to return part-time and Triple H is very much in favor of getting him back in the fold, but as seen with Steve Austin out year after year, it's not always easy to get these deals done.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:57 pm

He really isnt needed back. The only time he got interesting was when he turned heel and when people actually started to like him he left. WWE really dont need him he wont add anything imo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:23 pm

agree with bosch especially if hes part timer
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Reckon its because they're going to try and make WM30 as star studded as possible.

If Shield last for another year on top and Orton is still face am I the only one who could picture The Shield Vs Evolution? Triple H, Batista and Orton.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Or to build on the above, Orton turns heel 4 vs 4

Orton & The Shield Vs Triple H, Batista + 2 others making the next evolution. Triple H in the flair role, Batista could still play the muscle I imagine, bring in someone like Ziggler as the next main eventer and finally someone like PAC or Richie Steamboat as the one for the future, infact i'd go Steamboat to be bringing through another legacy wrester in the group.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:04 pm

If he signs, I bet at least one decent name leaves at the end of their deal.

Batista, Ryback, Brock, Big Rock, John Cena, HHH

one final big muscle fetish run for Vince?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Batista and Mason Ryan tag team named clones
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Country : WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:28 pm

WWE doesn't need Batista. Batista needs WWE.

Batista is not the name he thinks is, and nor is he the talent that a lot of people think he is.

Bringing him back on any kind of basis will not be the reason that the big names leave, it'll be the reason that the Zigglers, Kingston, Swaggers and others leave. rather than push someone in their early thirties, who could have ten years at the top, going back to a Batista who's only got three or four years left would be giving the worst kind of message to mid-card talent.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Also, aren't part-timers exempt from drug testing? Not that I'm suggesting anything, of course...
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Country : WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  Ireland

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Batista's only good runs for me were when he left Evolution and his heel turn. No point in bringing him back when there are much better heels with much more potential already signed up.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:35 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:
Batista's only good runs for me were when he left Evolution and his heel turn. No point in bringing him back when there are much better heels with much more potential already signed up.

And that heel turn is the only reason people want him back. They remember that heel turn and how good he was for the last 6 months of his contract, and ignore the fact he was utter shite for the 4 years before that.

When he was a face in 2006-2008, I think I only hated Bobby Lashley more than I hated Batista.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:16 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:

I'd only add the feud with the Undertaker to that list.

His later rivalry with Orton should have been massive and a potential Wrestlemania match with the storyline they could have had behind it but wasted it in a pointless feud based around Batista helping the McMahon's.

Part of the Legacy storyline with Orton should have been how he had gone from being the diamond in the rough of evolution to being 'the man' which would have been topped with beating Triple H at WM. Orton should have carried the title to the next WM facing Batista at WM 26. Then had the implosion of Legacy building to Summerslam.

Orton hasn't been in a title match at Wrestlemania since WM25. Deserves to be for WM30. But like I said earlier I have a feeling if he's still face we will see The Shield Vs Evolution at some point depending when Batista returns as in his face run they've had him show he doesn't mind teaming with people if for the greater good. I refer back to just after WM26 actually when Orton teamed with Cena vs Batista and Swagger. After the feud Orton and Cena had they presented Orton as being able to team with him for the greater good of wanting to get at Batista.... And Swagger.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Kinda went off on a tangent there bounce
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Country : WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  Ireland

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Forgot about the Undertaker feud, was a pretty good feud to be fair. Their match at Wrestlemania was pretty good also, probably Batista's best match for me.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Randy Orton mark alert. I've already backed Orton to be gone by WM30 this could now be the reason. He is in the prime of his life, and at this rate won't get another run of any significance untill he's at "legend" age. If anyone else can leave and come back to a huge pay check, then why bother sitting around barely in mid card feuds whilst batista stumbles his way through his comeback speech.

Orton bores me, but it's only partly his fault. I think he was over pushed young and they ran out of anything to do with him, so he'd probably be better off leaving to set up a comeback.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:48 pm

I didn't mind Batista but I am against him returning because I don't like people returning part time (Jericho and the rock included). As Grec said, Batista needs wwe. Ryback can play the muscle. I'd say ability wise they are roughly the same. If ryback is turning heel then Batista isn't needed. I do like the idea of the shield v evolution but I'd make it a survivor series match. Hopefully the shield are in single matches by WM30.

Regarding orton. I think sexton made a good point about pushing him too early. If they kept on going he would of doubled flairs record of 16 world titles. Also he's on 2 strikes so I'd guess rlthays another reason he isn't the champ.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:47 pm

I remember reading a few years ago that Orton was supposedly offered a massively long deal, rumoured to be about an 8 year deal or so. Seeing as how he's probably one of the higher earners I can't see him leaving.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:57 pm

It was a 10 year deal.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Even if you take out the stupidly long contract out of the equation, Orton is one of the very few WWE headliners who works a full schedule, and more importantly, actually loses cleanly. In the past few months, he's been beaten by ADR, Ziggler, and Barrett. Just a shame when he does jobs, that more isn't made of the guy beating him.

Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:48 am

There won't be if he doesn't get another title run sometime soon.

He'll be a guy viewed as past it an unable to win a world title again (kayfabe wise) Stick the WHC on him at Summerslam and let him carry it into Wrestlemania at least. Will totally re-establish him. Oh and for f*** sake turn him heel again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time    WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time  Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE looking to bring another former wrestler back part time
Page 1 of 1