Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Should WWE bring back Christian?

Go down 
+10
JohnReid1
Sexton Hardcastle
pablo1610
Junior
C4lum
desert_dude1985
InvincibleIleak
bazz23-v2 ®™
hiphop020
Horizon
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Should WWE bring back Christian? Empty
PostSubject: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:25 pm

Now, we all know WWE let him go because he wasn't a potential world champion, but after his time in TNA, he seems to have learned a lot and with his contract nearing an end, should WWE seriously look at him coming back and being a main eventer? I personally think that with the whole main event scene lacking a character at the moment, it'd be great to see him back now that we need someone to do funny promos now that Jericho has become a heel.

Ever since Jericho has come back, he has hit heights no one expected, but can Christian do the same?
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 9:42 pm

i think he can, good on the mic and average in the ring i could see him in ECW competing for the title before he moves to RAW or SD to fued with Y2J or Edge
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2008 10:57 pm

WWE didn't let him go, his contract was up and he decided to go to TNA.

A big part of that was the lighter schedule, so unless he's willing to go back on the road WWE style then I don't see him going back.

If he did go back a program with edge would be good.

I still think he will stay with TNA.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 9:39 am

I would like to see him back but only if he's a main eventer.

He would be wasted in the mid-card of WWE and he has the ability to pull off a great feud with people like HBK, Jericho and Edge, but I think he's happy in TNA, he knows he is used right there.

But I think he left on good terms and wouldn't be suprised to see him back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 2:38 pm

i love cage. hes shown hes a great all rounder and has alot to give to pro wrestling.
i think he plays off other characters well too so thats always a bonus, altho...his finisher the unprettier is a bit random....hardly ever gets to use it as its so easy to reverse!
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 2:50 pm

Didnt WWE offer him alot of money to stay or is that just a rumor?

I think he will eventually come back to WWE, if he did leave on good terms then of course its possible, it just depends on what he wants to do
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Quote :

yes
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
pablo1610
Fandango
Fandango
pablo1610

Number of posts : 610

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:46 am

your going on as if WWE can just pick up any wrestler they want at any time and bring them onto a show
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:28 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I would like to see him back but only if he's a main eventer.

He would be wasted in the mid-card of WWE and he has the ability to pull off a great feud with people like HBK, Jericho and Edge, but I think he's happy in TNA, he knows he is used right there.

As opposed to being in TNA's midcard you mean?? because that's where he is, upper midcard is still midcard.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:33 pm

its not about where you feature or who you face, its how well that its done, and tbh wwe can do it alot better than TNA can even dream about doing.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Well I know who's midcard id rather be in that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:37 pm

exactly

youd like to be facing curry man and shark boy and super eric, who wouldnt Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:28 pm

Hell yeah
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Shouldn't that be shell yeah.....
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 10:58 am

Iv never liked Christian, complete waster taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:00 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 3:24 pm

I think saying he's a midcarder in TNA is a little bit harsh, he is a main eventer there, but as he was a face there was no plans for him to get involved with Joe outside of multi-man matches. However I do feel that they have recently started building him up towards the title scene once again, and think he could have a major role to play in this TNA Originals vs Veterans fued. Would WWE push him as a main eventer? Initially I think so, but after a few months I feel he would no doubt be dropped back down again, being treated as a guy to beat rather than THE guy to beat.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Which is the same as what he is in TNA....
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 6:17 pm

Like I say though, I feel that was only a temporary thing during Joe's title reign, and I reckon over the next few months we'll see him rise to the top once again. His recent involvement with Booker and AJ, signals to me that they are ready to start building him back towards the top again, TNA's roster has become very top heavy as of late, and so occasionally the top guys will have to step back for a little while. It's not like he was completely forgotten either, and was still getting title shots every few months.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 10:54 am

I don't think they are looking to build him back up, I actually think they are using him now to propel other guys!

I do think he would be a big draw for the WWE, genuinely believe that, I think I would like to see a slow burner for about 18 months of him starting with SMACKDOWN! or RAW (wherever Edge is) as Edges second in command then moving to ECW to get a world title shot after an open challenge from whoever is the champ at ECW, obviously I would only like to see this IF the WWE would seriously give ECW title matches PPV time, however I would only have him over there for 3 months tops before relinquishing the ECW title to sign a 'mega' bucks deal with SMACKDOWN!, then he could go after the World Title on SMACKDOWN! which I would see him winning, not right away of course but after a 3 or 4 month stint to which after he lost that I would like to see him win the 2010 Royal Rumble to which he goes after the only World Title he has not held (whatever title RAW or SD! happens to have, be it the WHC or the WWE) and in another twist it just happens to be Edge who is the champion at that particular time.

Edge v Christian for the Championship of the world in possibly a TLC match at WrestleMania XXVI would be a fantastic ending to a long slow build up of a guy who genuinely is talented enough to make it believable!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 4:49 pm

The thing is, however good he is he's still Christian.

I never watch TNA so Christian to me is still just half of a decent tag team and then some half arsed mid-carder who never particularly did much. That's surely what most WWE fans are going to be like. They wont (I reckon) give a shit that he's twice the wrestler he used to be and they could still just see him as some mid-carder who went AWOL for a while. I don't reckon many woild take kindly to seeing him come back and start a feud with the top people.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 5:46 pm

I dunno about that disco, at the time he left, he had gotten really over but WWE just wouldn't pull the trigger on pushing him to the main event, and instead had him jobbing out to every midcarder under the sun. He didn't suddenly get better, he has always been this talented he was just rarely given an opportunity to shine in WWE, yet despite that was incredibly popular, and about that time was much more over than Edge, who had been getting barely any reaction at all.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 5:50 pm

even in my days as a mark i loved E+C which proves they were both class cos mark aint not aloud to like baddy men.

plus i think people who pay to go to shows would appreciate him enough to go a bit nuts
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 9:03 pm

I still don't know why Christian never got that big push, Vince adored his work with Cena, infact its maybe fair to say that apart from Jericho Christian was maybe the only one who could live with Cena at that time doing a Promo if Cena of course does his own thing and not been told to pander to the kids.

He went to TNA to prove a lot of people that he could handle the pressure as a main guy and for me he passed with flying colours, its fair to say that he has had many big matches at top TNA PPVs and its also fair to say he has had Kurt Angle to bounce off as well which helps however you still have to go out there and do it.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:45 pm

I always got the impression, that when Vince put Edge and Christian together, it was always with the intention of Christian being the Marty Jannetty of the team, as he always had big plans for Edge. The way things ended up going after the split, would seem to reinforce that, and I guess Vince just had it stuck in his head that Christian was just there to make others look good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should WWE bring back Christian?   Should WWE bring back Christian? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next