Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak

Go down 
+3
Worthy
Grecian
dwindow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Country : Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak England-1

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak Empty
PostSubject: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:01 am

Quote :
WrestleCast as part of The Sun in the UK is featuring an interview with TNA star Kurt Angle who claims WWE was considering having him end The Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania 22 back in 2006:

Angle said: "It was considered back in 2006. The person who wanted to do it was Undertaker himself. I was flattered, for him to go to Vince McMahon and pitch it. Undertaker at that point never had a five-star Wrestlemania moment match. He figured that the only one he could do it was me, at the time. Thank God a couple of years later he had Shawn Michaels, and it worked. But Undertaker really wanted to have that match, he asked Vince to push our match back from No Way Out to WrestleMania and, since I was champion they wanted me to keep the title, Undertaker was willing to take the loss. To me that meant a lot because Undertaker had a lot of respect for me — and I had more respect for him than he did for me."

Of course, this is Kurt Angle we're talking about so take this with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:25 pm

One slight flaw with this - if WWE was so keen to keep the title on Kurt at Mania 22... why'd he lose the title to Mysterio instead?
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Grecian wrote:
One slight flaw with this - if WWE was so keen to keep the title on Kurt at Mania 22... why'd he lose the title to Mysterio instead?

If memory serves me correct this was around the time Eddie died and WWE started building Mysterio up as a result by having him win the Royal Rumble and dedicating it to Eddie, so if this was the same year then it was probabbly a change of plan so he could win the title and dedicate that to Eddie too.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:13 pm

reckon that's bullshit. They wouldn't have let anyone end the streak
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Hardcore Waffles wrote:
reckon that's bullshit. They wouldn't have let anyone end the streak

Again, didn't Orton get offerd the streak but turned it down, saying he didn't need the streak to be able to get to the top? thought this was the common story Suspect
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:59 pm

I read a couple of years ago Mark Henry got offered it and Batista but both turned it down out of respect for the undertaker
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 am

mark henry was offerd the streak Shocked
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:17 am

boschbourne06 wrote:
I read a couple of years ago Mark Henry got offered it and Batista but both turned it down out of respect for the undertaker

It was Orton who turned it down out of respect for 'Taker.

And no chance Henry/Batista got offered the streak.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 am

Worthy wrote:
Grecian wrote:

If memory serves me correct this was around the time Eddie died and WWE started building Mysterio up as a result by having him win the Royal Rumble and dedicating it to Eddie, so if this was the same year then it was probabbly a change of plan so he could win the title and dedicate that to Eddie too.

Why did Rey get a title because of Eddies death?, Chavo should have got it, as he's a Guerrero.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:37 am

I agree Fergie, but round about this time Chavo did a promo after Eddies death saying that he's going to take some time off so he can greive and spend time with the family, he also said that he might retire.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 pm

No way did Batista get offered the streak - from the start of that run to Mania, he looked so pissed off he was going to lose he managed to make people even less interested in the whole angle.

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:09 pm

well i got it wrong about the out of respect but heres a link to henry

http://wrestlingpronews.com/2011/02/24/wrestlingnews/wrestlingnews/mark-henry-almost-ended-the-undertakers-wrestlemania-streak/
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:11 pm

and i just read about Batista and it was planned for Batista win but it leaked online so Vince changed to
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:16 pm

Wow! It's hard to believe they thought that much of Henry when a few years on this would happen to him....

Quote :
As noted earlier in the week, a strange incident happened with Mark Henry after Tuesday’s SmackDown tapings where he was sent out for a dark main event and waited for around 20 minutes while several theme songs hit but no opponent came out.
Word going around WWE is that the whole thing was a big rib on Henry to see how long he would stay in the ring before getting mad and storming off, which he did. Henry was actually told that he would be wrestling a dark main event against Sin Cara. He and Cara actually called spots for their match earlier in the evening.
Henry was sent to the ring and when he went to cut a promo to set up Cara’s entrance, the mic was cut out. Henry finally stormed to the back and demanded to know what was going on. Vince McMahon’s theme song was the last one played during the rib, which is fitting because the whole thing was Vince’s personal joke on Henry.
Vince had already left the arena but according to a source, he directed the entire thing via cell phone. A source in WWE production adds that producer Kevin Dunn was in on the whole thing also, laughing as it was going on.
The impression left backstage among the other talents was that it was funny, but misplaced. The feeling was that it’s one thing to pull a joke on one wrestler from another, but when WWE is doing the jokes it sends a bad message, especially when they are ribbing a veteran like Mark Henry. It was also pointed out how WWE shouldn’t have pulled a joke on Henry at the fans expense who had to sit through it and were expecting a match.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:31 pm

taking th piss out o

And vince was the one really pushing for henry now look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak   Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak Empty

Back to top Go down

Kurt Angle: I Nearly Ended The Undertaker's Streak
Page 1 of 1