Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Country : Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) Untitl11

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:46 pm

iMPACT! didn't seem as great this week, but perhaps that is due to setting the bar soo high last week? This also seems to be a recurring theme, where the live iMPACT! is awesome and the recorded one is ok. Obviously TNA don't want to use their best material on a recorded show, as it can be spoiled, so it makes sense.

Anyway the opening segement was fantastic and the highlight of the show, IMO. RVD being RVD is exactly what I want to see and have really enjoyed his early, carefree, mic work. The commentating with Hardy, last week, was funny aswell. Also AJ's line of "put that in your pipe and smoke it" was hillarious. I was very dissapointed he lost his Title, but am now starting to think this may make him even better. It may add a bit more to his character. If TNA go with a 3 or 4 month AJ/RVD feud, it could be absolutely epic.

The Knockouts segment was pretty boring. Maddison defeated Tara and Angelina to retain her Knockouts Title. Tara also attacked Angelina again, to carry on their current feud.

Kaz and Shannon Moore had an ok match, bit too quick though. Morgan cost Moore and I was hoping that would be the end of that. Seeing Joe destroy people again is great to watch. And it pretty much looks as though Joe will be in the X-Division Title scene, rather than the World Title scene, but this may not be a bad thing.

Thank God Abyss let everyone know he doesn't believe the HOF ring has magical powers. Abyss explained it is a sign of the confidence The Hulkster has in him.

Morgan trying to gee up Jesse Neal to take on Team 3D with him was pretty good. Seems like Morgan is putting people over verbally, before destroying them physically. And the shoot style promo between Neal and 3D was pretty cool and something different.

Enjoyed the AJ/Sting vs Hardy and Jarrett match, even if again it seemed a bit quick. The way the match started with two singles matches and AJ/Hardy and Sting/JJ going at it through the crowd was cool. Thought the ending to the match was really good. Jeff had AJ set up on a table and was on top of the ladder ready to fly, as Sting batters Jarrett with the baseball bat and gets the pin.

Pope let everyone know he hasn't finished with AJ yet. And was interrupted by the awesome Mr Anderson. This feud has all the makings to be a classic, and as posted last week, this is something I really want to see. Anderson is such a dick, it's beyond funny. I really think he can propel Pope to the next level.

Glad The Wolfpac/3D feud looks to be continuing. 3D laid out Syxx Pac before the match with Morgan and Neal. Hall and Nash got involved in the match early on and caused the DQ and a bit of a brawl. Morgan then again turns on his tag partner and wipes him out. Enjoyed the first Morgan/Hogan confrontation aswell, I thought Hogan would've had big plans for Morgan and am suprised it's taken this long for those two to cross paths. Hogan calling Jesse Neal a superstar was pretty funny, but at least he is bigging up everyone and not a select few. Morgan then went back to the ring and took out Jesse Neal with the Tag belt. Shannon Moore coming out for the save was a bit crap, as I thought they would have bigger plans for Morgan than Shannon Moore.

Always a little freaked out by Orlando Jordan, but I can handle it. Rob Terry will be on Jordans new show, the Ozone, next week. Not really looking too forward to that if I'm honest.

I love an angry Kevin Nash and he said next week there will be three of them (not angry Nash's BTW). Does this mean Syxx Pac will be back or is it a new member?

The main event was pretty poor, with the Flair flop being the highlight, for me. Flair defeats Abyss with a low blow, with the brass knucks. Ref then noticed the knucks and restarted the match, which never really happens. Abyss Hulks up and wins with the Blackhole Slam. Hogan comes out and takes Flairs HOF ring and says he will present it to someone next week.

Overall I didn't think this was the strongest iMPACT! of recent months, but it was solid none the less. The lack of wrestling is the first thing that sprung to mind. Wasn't really a decent match all night, although the AJ/Sting tag match was enjoyable. Looking forward to next weeks live iMPACT! though, as that always seems to be a lot better.

What are you thoughts on iMPACT!? Was it a great episode? Good? Average? Or Poor?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Country : Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) England-1

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Jack I think it was an average iMPACT! because as you said, they set the bar quite high. I thought it was a good show, setting up a few storylines to keep up intrested.

Mr Anderson is freaking awesome on the mic, and with The Pope great on the stick also, it is set up for a fantastic fued as both guys are good wrestlers.

I'm looking forward to the Ozone tbh. Orlando Jordan's character could work and Rob Terry could also shine from this.

Somoa Joe in the X-Division will be good also (still disappointed Douglas Williams wasn't on the show - is he injured or is it all the storyline).

The Band will have 3 embers next week. Intrested to see who it is if it isnt Waltman.

I assume Hogan will be giving the ring to Abyss. If not then i'm unsure who it will be.

All in all, a good show to get the storylines going
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Yea maybe it did have a lot to do with last weeks show, why this one seemed a little average.

The episode was filmed last week, so Williams couldn't make it back to Florida in time. He will be on next weeks live show though. And I'm sure he'll get the chance to say how he feels.

It was only last week I mentioned a Pope/Anderson feud would be the best way to go with them two, and TNA have already delivered. Really looking forward to the promos in this feud.

Could Hogan be ready to join The Band? Or is that too soon?

Last edited by Hey Theres New Jack! RUN! on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
Vince calls you realising his mistake
CoughSplutter

Country : Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) Untitl36

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Got to agree, it was a fairly average iMPACT, not the best but still not the worst by any means. I think it was more that they are building new fueds for Sacrifice so things may seem slow to begin with.

Thought the Anderson-Pope promo was segment of the night. Love both these guys and they are fantastic on the mic and equally as good in the ring. They have a bright future ahead of them and hopefully by the end of the year one of them will be TNA Champion, if not then former champion.

Like seeing Joe back destroying people but I think he will randomly destroy anyone for the next few weeks and then he will go after the van men.

I hated when they took the ring off Flair, hopefully he gets it back, it may not be the real ring but it makes no sense to me to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Forgot about it being recorded.

Also, I cant see Hogan joing the band tbh. It will be someone who is huge and draw in the crowds - if it aint Waltman.

Pope/Anderson fued I cant wait for when it gets going. I still want to see a RVD/Sting fued also.

Going back to iMACPT, i must admit i'm not a fan of the ranking system now. I liked the idea when 1st heard it but now it doesnt appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Coughsplutter - Hogan said something about presenting it next week, so perhaps they have taken the ring off Flair to open up more avenues in the Hogan/Flair story. Bring another guy into the feud, so Beer Money can perhaps challenge Abyss and whoever else gets the HOF ring?

Although we all know it's only a storyline, Flair has worked his whole life to become the legend and icon he is and it does seem a bit crappy to take his HOF ring.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Makem - I also was really looking forward to a RVD/Sting feud, but it seems that's been knocked on the head.

I think the ranking system could be a good idea, although you can vote numerous times so it seems a little pointless. Desmond Wolfe was leading earlier, so if someone like that gets a Title shot out of it, it may be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey Theres New Jack! RUN! wrote:
I think the ranking system could be a good idea, although you can vote numerous times so it seems a little pointless. Desmond Wolfe was leading earlier, so if someone like that gets a Title shot out of it, it may be worth it.

I havent looked on their website tbh so i'm unsure who is in the top 10. Maybe its me but i think even with the votes TNA will just put who they want there anyway.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Voting Poll:

http://polldaddy.com/poll/3111102/

I was thinking that aswell, TBH. But they have the results shown, so they couldn't really lie. They could obviously just make up the results. I think they will possibly put the top few in a match, so they can ultimately decide who gets the Title shot.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Yeah Jack I hope they do that, dont really like seeing Abyss mix in with Hogan and Flair, I think he is out of his depth to be honest.

I like the rank system, I voted for Jarrett a few times but he is second last behind Abyss.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

I was voting for AJ, today at work, but he's miles behind aswell. Wolfe is leading by about 5000, which does suprise me if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Just Voted for Anderson.

I'm suprised Kurt Angle and Rob Terry are in the top 10 tbh with Kurt taking time off and Rob Terry just coming inot his own, thought there wud be others in the top 10
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Does anyone know how long the vote lasts and if the winner gets a shot at Sacrifice?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 pm

CoughSplutter wrote:
Does anyone know how long the vote lasts and if the winner gets a shot at Sacrifice?

Couldnt tell ya mate. We'll find out more in the coming weeks - Sacrifice is 3 weeks away though
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 pm

I wasn't at all sure why Angle was there? Would have prefered to see Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan in contention, but it seems Hulk likes 'Big Rob'. So I've accepted that.

If they did take the top 3, for example, a no1 contender triple threat between Wolfe, Hardy and Anderson wouldn't be too shabby IMO.

I haven't got a clue when the poll closes, Cough, but I'm pretty sure I heard the Title shot would be at Sacrifice. Shouldn't that be AJ's rematch though?
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Aye but he said last night he would take it when he was ready.

I would prefer to see the winner get the title shot. Because I guarentee top 3 will be Wolfe Hardy and someone else and they will have Hardy win, so I would prefer to see out and out winner win.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 pm

I dont think they will do Hardy v RVD again so soon Cough
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Hopefully not, would like to see Hardy fued with someone else for a few months. I reckon Wolfe - RVD would be a good match, although that said I havent seen Wolfe in a bad match yet.

I still vote for Jarrett, there is always hope.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:29 pm

I'm voting for Sting mainly because I want to see RVD v Sting
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:31 pm

I thought them two would have a fued given RVD's debut but not to be, I'm sure they will go at it one day, probably not so far away.

I am voting for Jarrett because I like him for some reason, not sure why taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:33 pm

CoughSplutter wrote:
Aye but he said last night he would take it when he was ready.

I would prefer to see the winner get the title shot. Because I guarentee top 3 will be Wolfe Hardy and someone else and they will have Hardy win, so I would prefer to see out and out winner win.

Oh yea, I forgot AJ said that.

I think everyone would like to see an out and out winner, but I'm not convinced it will be completely the fans choice, I think we'll get an input (into a no1 contenders match).

Hopefully TNA will build towards the ineviatable implosion of RVD and Hardy. And not give it soo soon as Makem said.
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 pm

I thought they would come to blows last week following the match, especially in the backstage promo and for a minute it looked like it would. One would have to be heel though and both are fans favourite but think RVD would suit the roll better.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Yea RVD can play a good, arrogant, cocky heel. Hardy is just a huge face and TNA should work with that. Did anyone else think the commentary from RVD was funny as?
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
CoughSplutter

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Didnt catch the title match last week but the promo with him and Styles was funny when Styles kept asking if he was high.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Yea I think it's good that they are showing that side of his character. Everyone knows what he does and how he feels about his smoke, so well done TNA for playing on that.

I really hope TNA don't cut short the RVD/Styles feud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers)   Average iMPACT! Last Night (contains spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next