Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)

Go down 
+4
Hardcore Waffles
JacMan
thegunman84
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Country : Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) Untitl11

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm pretty dissapointed last nights episode may be the last for a Monday (they will probably do the odd 'special'), as all the live episodes have been really good. And last night was no exception.

The opening segment was one of the best I've seen and Jay Lethal is hilarious. His impression of Ric Flair was soo good, if I had closed my eyes I would've thought it was The Nature Boy himself. The respect shown to Flair afterwards, by Lethal, was a very nice touch aswell. Flair took exception to the impression and the beat down from Flair, AJ, Wolfe & Beer Money was pretty cool. As all 5 men haven't really been seen too much together as a faction. The brawl that followed between Stylin' & Profilin' (that's what I'm going to call them) and Abyss/Team 3D & RVD was pretty cool to see aswell.

The new tag team of Jesse Neal and Shannon Moore looks pretty decent to me and will be interesting to see if they are the guys to slay Matt Morgan. Their match against Williams and Kendrick was pretty good and Samoa Joe destroying Kendrick at the end was a nice sight.

Loved the bit with Ric Flair 'geeing up' each member of Stylin' & Profilin'. This is the sort of role Ric Flair should be deployed in, IMO.

Looks like Popes injury suffered at Lockdown may be more serious than first thought, as Anderson put him out of action. BTW, what the hell was Anderson wearing? taking th piss out o Anderson then cut another great promo, the guy gets some serious heat just for being a prick and not for slagging off the crowd/home town. When Hardy came out, I was sort of thinking 'what?' But due to Popes injury this would leave one of the fastest rising stars without an opponent, at Sacrifice, so the Hardy thing may work. Hardy stripping Anderson and then saying "nice panties" had me cracking up.

The Knockouts match was actually alright this week, especially compared to previous weeks. Tara continues her (more than likely short lived) heel turn by turning on Wilde and Sarita, leaving the BPs to pick up the win and retain their gold.

Was enjoying the 3 way tag match, between 3 fantastic teams but it was pretty obvious Hall and Nash would interrupt. I was just sitting there waiting for it to happen. Eric Young joining The Band is what should have been done from the start. Was pleased to see MCMG take out Nash and Hall, big impression made by the Guns. Beer Money seemed to help The Band, which may or may not lead somewhere. It will be interesting to see what comes of that whole segment though.

OZone segment wasn't as bad as anticipated. Although it does seem a bit strange that 'Big Rob' couldn't be hurt, but then gets laid out by a gay.

Really enjoyed the AJ/Abyss match, while it lasted. Full on action and a nice finish to the match with Flair using Chelsea to distract Abyss, allowing AJ to hit a springboard cross body on the tacks for the win.

RVD and Desmond Wolfe has the makings of a great feud in the future. And I'm really pleased Wolfe was made to look very competitive. Although the match didn't last all that long, I'd say Wolfe had the better of the match. AJ came out after the match to attack RVD and demand his rematch at Sacrifice. Can't wait for that!

Enjoyed the Sting and Hogan promo and was suprised by Stings comments about Hogans time in the WWF and WCW. Looks like Sting still wants to perform for TNA and I would not be against this. Jeff Jarrett finally got the upper hand over Sting by laying him out with the baseball bat to close another top episode of iMPACT!

What are your thoughts on this weeks episode? And is anyone else dissapointed by the news that TNA will no longer be on Monday nights? I think their live episodes have all been top notch and was enjoying staying up late on a Monday to watch them. Think i'll just catch iMPACT on a Friday after work now. It probably makes sense for TNA to go back to Thursdays but I will certainly miss the live iMPACT! shows.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Thought this was an absolutely terrible episode of Impact, a couple of good promos doesn't make a show in my opinion. They've completely fucked over their fans voting for the World Championship rankings as well by having the first guy they choose essentially get squashed in a 3 minute match. Why the fuck would fans then be motivated to vote again? Totally retarded booking, which has been par for the course under the Hogan regime unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:53 pm

I honestly didn't think the winner of the first 'poll' would win the Title, so I wasn't that dissapointed Wolfe lost. It may have been a bit quick but he was competitive. I tend to take the show more on the overall enjoyment, rather than the 'booking', so may view things a bit differently.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Country : Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) Scotland-2

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:54 pm

thegunman84 wrote:
They've completely fucked over their fans voting for the World Championship rankings as well by having the first guy they choose essentially get squashed in a 3 minute match.

I agree with this one hundred percent. Desmond Wolfe in my opinion has been made to look the weak link in Team Flair eg taking pinfall at Lockdown. Then instead of trying to keep him in the main even spotlight, he basically gets squashed. Ok i wasn't expecting him to win the title but at least make it a 10 or so minute match, keep both guys strong instead of shooting Wolfe down. The funny thing is when I voted today Wolfe was leading again, I wonder if they would squash him again - seeing as he seems to be over with the fans
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Country : Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) England-1

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:55 pm

It's because Wolfe is fucking class. He would've been in the title picture in january/february if Hogan and Bischoff hadn't come in
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm Confused?

You said you were dissappointed by the show, then went on to say you enjoyed every bit scratch
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Yea but his time will come. Although it's clear to see Wolfe is class, he's gone from the Indys to (an awesome feud with Kurt Angle) recently being ivolved in a PPV main event teaming with the likes of Sting, lead by Ric Flair. And he just had a World Title match against Rob Van Dam. So I reckon he would say he'd done pretty well for himself. And to top all this, its clear he has the fans backing, even though he loses more often than not. Personally I don't think TNA have to cash in on Wolfe now, especially with the Title picture they already have.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:07 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
I'm Confused?

You said you were dissappointed by the show, then went on to say you enjoyed every bit scratch

I was dissapointed it was the last live iMPACT! As they are moving back to Thursdays, fergie.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:22 pm

i think its time for me to bespamming some wolfe votes again

edit: that sucks, they cottonned on to people spamming votes, wolfe is still in the lead by about 300 votes from matt morgan

also on a funny note, brother ray is ahead of abyss in the polls (the only person abyss is ahead of is devon)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:34 pm

I thought it was a good show this week.

Personally i'm qlad iMPACT has gone back to Thursday nights. I think with them going head to head with the WWE has got people noticing. Now they are 'noticed' and are now on Thursdays, I think we'll see a slight rise in there ratings.

Jay Lethal - A proper laugh out loud moment. I've always liked Lethal's promos.

Like Jack said, Hardy v Anderson can work imo. With The Pope injured it left Anderson with nothing to do, and Hardy didn't have anything going on either.

Samoa Joe continuing to distroy the X-Division quite good (especially when he nearly dropped Kendrick over the top rope).

I sort of agree that Desmond Wolfe is a bit of a fall guy but I think his time wil come. The main event scence is quite busy at the moment.

I didn't think Eric Young would be the one joining the band (I thought it would be someone else, unsure who though).

I didn't like the Hogan / Sting part tbh. Stingoing on about WWF and WCW, i duno, i just didnt like it, and why did Hogan stop Jarrett?

Who do you think Hogan and Bishoff were going to see at the airport?
Back to top Go down
CoughSplutter
Vince calls you realising his mistake
Vince calls you realising his mistake
CoughSplutter

Country : Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) Untitl36

Number of posts : 1538 Favourite Wrestler : Tna - Jeff Jarrett, Mr Anderson, The Pope, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair

Wwe - Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:10 pm

Thought it was a good episode this week.

I agree with Mack and Hey Jack - Lethal is a gem. His promos are hillarious but I prefer him doing his Savage routine, nevertheless his Flair one had me laughing.

I am not looking forward to the Anderson Hardy match because I know that Hardy will go over when quite frankly Anderson deserves to go over after his fued with Angle and Hardy not really doing much of note since joining. Hope Anderson goes over.

I thought the Flair talking to team Styling and Profilin was hillarious - every moment of it. Throwing JB out to throwing Storms beer away and landing on Wolfe, very good promo and Flair shows he still has it.

I knew as soon as Young came down he was joining the band, havent seen him since he last declined so it was fairly obvious, anyone know if X Pac is returning or is that him finished? If he does come back I cant see him being in the band as him and Young tore each other apart before Nash rejoined the band.

Think it was more than likely Tommy Dreamer - hope I am wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)   Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Live iMPACT! Last Night? (contains spoilers)
Page 1 of 1