Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Country : Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw Scotland-2

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw Empty
PostSubject: Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw   Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Just got thinking of this in the What happened after Raw went off the air thread

Now this is very early in Swaggers world title run, which I'm thrilled about by the way, so I may be a bit premature here but I see similarities with the start of his run to shades of JBL's wwe title run videos I have seen on youtube.

For example the characters are similar. Jack Swagger is an All American American and JBL was the filhy rich American Business Tycoon. Therefore they both have American ties.

Secondaly - both are good on the stick, JBL was great on the stick and Swagger is good but Swagger can be great despite the barrier of the lisp, which doesnt bother me too much.

Thirdly - Their finishers - they may not look the same, but they are both oppertunistic moves if you get what I mean. Normally their moves are hit when an opponent makes a mistake or cheating has occured on their behalf, examples of this are JBL vs CM Punk for IC title where JBL poked Punk in eye then hit clothesline and Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy, where hardy connected with ringpost before Swagger hit the doctor Bomb.

Fourthly - From what i gather on SD episodes while JBL was champ he was booked weakly so it was even more of a shock when he won at the PPV and relied on utside help such as the Bashams - another similarity to making the champ look weak eg Raw vs Taker ( which i thought was a good match btw)

Finally - Title defences. Swaggers first defence triple threat and an oppertunist way of picking up the win on sd. Rather like JBl retaining in fatal 4 ways at armageddon and triple threats at royal rumble etc.

What does everyone else think about the possible similarities in the runs? or will Swagger lose the belt sooner rather than later
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

PostSubject: Re: Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw   Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 pm

swagger and jbl are very similar i thought his match with taker was awesome i hope his run is not a short one and that he holds on to it for a long time like JBL
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw   Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Well
on smackdown
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Country : Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw England-1

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw   Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:47 pm

i really like swagger and i hope his title run is a long one, by the way all credit for pushing younger stars into the main event spots this last year
Back to top Go down
Enhancement talent
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Enhancement talent

Location : Derry Number of posts : 157 Favourite Wrestler : Alex Shane, Bret Hart, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw   Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:15 pm

The match with taker, as impromptu as it was, could be a blessing in disguise. I hope its not an opportunity wasted as it put him over strong, which they hadn't done thus far in his run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw   Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Swagger The Next JBL? spoiler from Raw
Page 1 of 1