Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

suns raw review (not bad)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

suns raw review (not bad) Empty
PostSubject: suns raw review (not bad)   suns raw review (not bad) EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:32 pm

RAW is prone to going from the sublime to the ridiculous.
This week, in the last unopposed Raw before the war with TNA begins, they managed to book a show which contained equal helpings of both.

We'll start with the negative stuff.

The non-PG (and non-funny) antics of guest hosts Cheech and Chong were a waste of airtime. Bizarre sketches with an inference of pot-smoking have no place on a wrestling show.

Somehow they sanctioned a 'Divas pillow fight' which was frankly degrading to the six participants and was another indication that WWE don't care at all about women's wrestling.

We found out that MVP and Jack Swagger will have a place in the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania.

But they may as well have opened a chocolate bar with a golden ticket to earn the spot, because their defeats of Zack Ryder and Santino Marella were squashes that didn't last four minutes - combined.

The advancement of the Legacy storyline was perhaps a minor positive, as battle lines now appear to be firmly drawn with Orton on one side and his former allies on the other.

While the Legacy trio's issues expanded in the ring, four feuds bound for WrestleMania were either created, debated or enhanced by tremendous mic work and timing.

The show's opening saw Shawn Michaels challenging anyone to confront him if they didn't think he could beat The Undertaker. Triple H's music elicited a gasp before excitement, although HBK's DX colleague did not contest his partner's claims.

The Game said he believes in Shawn in a terrific promo — and also set up a main event tag title rematch against ShoMiz.

DX would later lose this match, though, with Shawn being distracted by an image of Taker on the TitanTron leading to Miz sneaking a win. Post match, as Shawn disappeared in a strop, Sheamus attacked Triple H, which will doubtless lead to a match between the two real-life training buddies at Mania.

But if the use of Shawn and Hunter was good, the promo featuring Batista and John Cena was something else.

Batista is on fire as a heel now and felt totally believable saying that he envies Cena for being the face of the company — and wants to prove he is better on the biggest stage of all. Awesome TV.

As promised, Bret Hart also featured but didn't get his farewell as plugged.

Instead he got a dressing down by Vince McMahon for being "pathetic", which concluded with the Chairman kicking Bret's crutch from under him.

An upset Bret then agreed to fight Vince at Mania and although the segment felt weaker than the show's earlier promos, it was still very good.

And that wasn't all. With WWE bracing itself to go head-to-head with TNA next week, Mr McMahon booked a main event of himself versus Cena for that show.

Raw's bad points are frankly shocking sometimes but, if you can shift them to one side, you have simply unmissable TV. Wrestlemania cannot come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: suns raw review (not bad)   suns raw review (not bad) EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:36 pm

Quote :
The non-PG (and non-funny) antics of guest hosts Cheech and Chong were a waste of airtime. Bizarre sketches with an inference of pot-smoking have no place on a wrestling show.

Somehow they sanctioned a 'Divas pillow fight' which was frankly degrading to the six participants and was another indication that WWE don't care at all about women's wrestling.

Has the Sun not heard of the Attitude Era?

BTW how ironic to see Gail Kim in the Pillow fight after what she said on here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSx8U1295fY I guess money does talk, lol!!
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

PostSubject: Re: suns raw review (not bad)   suns raw review (not bad) EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 pm

yeah gail kim totally sold out yeah right:roll:i think she is smart to go to a company that pays more then tna and anywhere else any competitor would be stupid not to do that
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: suns raw review (not bad)   suns raw review (not bad) EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm not saying she sold out at all (I don't blame her really) just pointing out that in that TNA Knockouts promo she said "we don't settle grudges with pillow fights" and I just thought it was hilarious after seeing her on Raw in a Pillow fight, lol!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: suns raw review (not bad)   suns raw review (not bad) EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:39 pm

I'd like to know exactly how much of the 2hours was actually wrestling, 15mins tops I'd guess, that's shocking. I know we are in the build now to wrestlemania, and the have to enhance feuds, but come on.

Vince is single handedly carrying his program with Hart, but even he hasn't got me wanting to see this yet.

Batista/Cena was brilliant, it went on a little to long but that's just nit picking, Batista owned Cena on the mic, which is something I never thought I'd type.

Sheamus/HHH *Yawn*

HBK/Taker has been brilliantly done so kudos. Can't wait to see how it ends.

The divas and the guest host were their usual shockingly bad self's,

Quote :
was another indication that WWE don't care at all about women's wrestling.

Neither does anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: suns raw review (not bad)   suns raw review (not bad) Empty

Back to top Go down

suns raw review (not bad)
Page 1 of 1