Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Best Ever Non PPV Match

Go down 
+8
Dittybox2
JacMan
Reaper
Grecian
El_Nino
Rocky2
Discopants
the-gaffer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Best Ever Non PPV Match Empty
PostSubject: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Simple enough question - not sure if this one has been done before but it was something I was thinking about the other night. Which was the best ever match not on a PPV?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Funk Vs Foley on Raw in 98 was a classic, with Austin commentating as a bonus too Smile
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:06 pm

My first instincts tell me Shawn Michaels vs Marty Jannetty for the IC title on RAW in 1993
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Will think of an all time one when I get the chance but I think this year's best TV show match so far is Rey vs Edge, the Champion vs Champion match on the last SD before Extreme Rules. Both men put on a great match, with lots of fast paced counters and I'm glad it finished clean with no interference whatsoever, still think Rey should have won though.

Also thought Cena vs Jericho on a RAW soon before or soon after WrestleMania was good too, RAW's Match of The Year so far.
Back to top Go down
El_Nino
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title
El_Nino

Location : Parts Unknown Number of posts : 269 Favourite Wrestler : Top 5:

1.Undertaker
2.Kane
3.HBK
4.HHH
5.Y2J

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Hmm tough one

Ones that spring to mind are Undertaker vs Hardy in 2002 Ladder match for the title, and where Taker started to turn face again.

Another from 2002 i think it was the first TLC on raw 7 man match( Hurricane got his ass kicked by HHH before)

There where some good ones as well with the Rock, Kane, Taker, SCSA and HHH in 1999/00
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:11 pm

There was also some hardcore match between Taker and Mankind in either 97 or 96 which I remember being quality.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:12 pm

Shawn Michaels vs Shelton, from 2005. A classic match that just shows how good She;ton could be, if he tried.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Quote :
Also thought Cena vs Jericho on a RAW soon before or soon after WrestleMania was good too, RAW's Match of The Year so far.

I think that match could have been the match of the year had it not been interupted/ no finish to it!

Sure that was the RAW in the UK

For me the RAW match of the year I think might be the Shawn Michaels vs John Cena match before the Royal Rumble
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Dunno if I dare say this but....Benoit (Shocked) and Bret Hart on Nitro sometime in 99.

Can't say I'm the biggest technical wrestling fan but holy horsemeat that was a corker.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Was that the Owen tribute match?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 pm

Yep, think that was the best way Bret could ever really express the loss really.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels 30 minute Iron match on Raw.
Brilliant match just as good as their match at wrestlemania 21.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Kurt Angle vs Undertaker. When Undertaker tapped out at the same time Kurt was covered for the 3 count. Brilliant match
Back to top Go down
Dittybox2
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
Dittybox2

Location : Dundee Number of posts : 27 Favourite Wrestler : Edge

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Umm in WWE Lesnar vs Angle Ironman from Smackdown
TNA Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong
Back to top Go down
GWilson2009
GWilson2009

Location : Glasgow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Number of posts : 47 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels
Chris Jericho
John Morrison
Rob Van Dam
Triple H (As a Heel)
Randy Orton
you know, wrestlers who put on a good decent show

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:07 am

Shelton Vs. Michaels on RAWs Gold Rush Tournament
OR
John Morrison Vs. Jeff Hardy
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 4:42 am

john morrison and cm punk had some great matches on ecw and smackdown Boxing
Back to top Go down
joe_bourne_11
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
joe_bourne_11

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:51 am

Edge vs Eddy Guerrero in a No Holds Barred match
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Undertaker vs Hardy in the ladder match was brilliant and in my opinion that was the match that helped Hardy to become a future main eventer granted he left soon after this match.

Another great tv match was Cena vs HBK in London which went on for an hour, really stunning match with great psychology.

And Edge vs Orton where both of them were trying out cheat each other was another brilliant match
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar Iron man match for the WWE title on SmackDown! would take a bit of beating
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:41 pm

It's a wee bit WWE-centric this thread Laughing

Can't forget Sting and Flair on the last ever Nitro. Not only was the match great but the emotion around that match was incredible. The history of this feud and the history of Nitro all culminating in the ring at once, absolutely classic. It was the best send off Nitro could possibly get.

Sting also has that beast of a match with DDP when they were both faces, great crowd participation, great encounter.

And then Malenko and Mysterio's fight. I friggin hate cruiserweights but that was a real arse kicker of a match, loved it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Ever Non PPV Match   Best Ever Non PPV Match Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Ever Non PPV Match
Page 1 of 1