Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Thought of the day...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

Thought of the day... Empty
PostSubject: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:25 am

TNA's best talent, i.e main eventers go to the WWE and never reach the heights hey did on TNA, while the WWE's lower midcarders go to TNA and get huge pushes and make the main event.

Now tell me...

Is this TNA being so poor that it has to consider WWE rejects who were no where near the main event in the WWE, to be main eventers in TNA.

Or is it that the WWE can no longer recognise good main even talent when they see it, for example Christian.

Smug
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 am

Kurt Angle, Foley and Booker T were main eventers in WWE though...

Sting, Nash, Steiner were all main eventers in WCW...

Who, in TNA now, was a WWE mid-carder?

I could be totally wrong but I can't think of any.

I know AJ Styles was in WWE at some point but was hardly a mid-carder, plus he has the abiltiy to top TNA now anyway.

Samoa Joe wasn't in WWE I don't think, certainly not mid-card anyway.

Admittedly Christian was mid-card WWE but surely that was a good call by TNA, he more than proved he was good enough at the highest level.

Could be wrong but can't think of any examples backing up your point...
Back to top Go down
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

PostSubject: Re: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:00 am

I didn't say it was a good thought of the day. taking th piss out o

Ok I shudda rephrased this, I've kinda shitlely worded it. Why did I say midcarder, I should have said something like non maineventer.

What about Rhyno for example, Booker T wasn't a real main eventer, I know he held the title for a bit, but before that no one took him seriously.

How about I reword it to, those who go from TNA to WWE never do as well, and those who go from WWE to TNA always do better.

Regarding Nash and Steiner they were big hits in WCW, and weren't as big when they were in the WWE (Not WWF)
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 am

I would say Booker was fairly hindered. Leading the invasion angle basically meant he had to start from scratch after that and coming up in the main event while the likes of Austin and Rock were still about is fairly impressive, would definitely say he was at WWE main event level.

Rhyno again has never had a prolonged run at the very top of TNA, yeah he won the belt very early on but I would still say he was quite some distance from the main event of TNA.

TNA don't pounce on every reject either, far from it. All the releases over the last year and TNA have hardly picked any of them up, even the real talents like Burke.

TNA is still a much smaller stage, which is why some can flourish, like Christian.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 am

crewe top player goes to derby... same story TNA are not as good

but christian is the only real main eventer to join wwe and hes already been champion on a show with more veiwers, its just how you fit in to current rosters and if the story line is gd enough. wwe aint made a loss by cropping older less used talent its capable of making its own stars continually also
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:36 am

R-Truth, I think I mentioned something about this abit ago, could easily main event an indy show, he didn't (and still wouldn't) look out of place main eventing TNA. A former NWA champion there, he has the talent, the charisma, the drive to go far, just not in WWE, he doesn't fit with the current crop of WWE main eventer's. Cant ever see a fued with Ron and John (Cena) can you? Even though they have legit heat with each other, had similar gimmick's too.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:53 am

A feud between Cena and R-Truth would be awesome, Killings would rap the bejaysus out of Cena!

TNA have different priorities to WWE, they'll look at the name value of someone and sign them on that basis. The only ex-WWE midcarder they've got that immediately springs to mind is Trevor Murdock / Jethro Holliday, and he's nowhere near the main event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thought of the day...   Thought of the day... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thought of the day...
Page 1 of 1