Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Just a thought.....

Go down 
+6
thegunman84
bazz23-v2 ®™
pathhh
Sexton Hardcastle
Horizon
desert_dude1985
10 posters
AuthorMessage
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

Just a thought..... Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Well since i watched unforgiven and what with him been crowned new champ,
i just started to think about jericho.
and i went back and watched some real old clips...wcw/early 2000 to be exact
and i kinda realised how much i loved the old jericho and his smarmy attitude, his cockyness and the way he was back then.
I really enjoyed his lionheart gimmick in wcw where he used to antagonise his opponents by making up stupid names and then when he lost matches he would just pretend everyone was in on some kinda plot against him. was awesome!
Even the Y2J gimmick when he first came into wwe was awesome.........but it seems that along with HBK as of late.......he has, well to coin an iconic phrase 'lost his smile'.
Since his heel turn....hes been a diffrent type of heel to what he was before, theres no fun involved, no trademark sarcasm......just what seems to be bitterness ( i know he feels betrayed by the fans and all that).
I know that with this arguement i am just wishing for the past and that jericho has grown and progressed since his beginnings.....but i guess i loved jericho for what he up until he left in 2005.....a great entertainer...heel or face.
It'd be cool to know you guys think as well?

Last edited by desert_dude1985 on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:08 pm

I think you are right. There's not much point to watching Jericho anymore. He doesn't entertain he doesn't look too good in the ring (i can't remember the last time someone tapped out to the Walls of Jericho). It's very boring to watch his matches now IMHO.

All he needs to do is grow a beard and grow his hear and start entertaining!
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:13 pm

yeah i mean, i think this fued with michaels has been...well ok....but its been so damn serious and bitter that ive had trouble swallowing it. I guess its just that i remember for the majority of HBK and Jerichos careers, wether good or bad theyve always been the superstars that are fun to watch and the storylines were always , while not always ace, pretty entertaining to watch.
I just hope they both don't go out on sour notes........theyre pasts are worth a bit too much for that to happen!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:24 pm

Dangriff67 wrote:
I think you are right. There's not much point to watching Jericho anymore. He doesn't entertain he doesn't look too good in the ring (i can't remember the last time someone tapped out to the Walls of Jericho). It's very boring to watch his matches now IMHO.

All he needs to do is grow a beard and grow his hear and start entertaining!

he
is
a
heel
Back to top Go down
pathhh
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
pathhh

Number of posts : 483 Favourite Wrestler : Orton/Goldberg

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 7:50 pm

I second Sextons comment.......Its a job....I'm sure he doesnt really want to be a heel.....but its a character......a new character
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:08 pm

i wasn't bitching dudes Smile.....just sayin how i felt bout it and wonderin what anyone else thought is all.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:15 pm

I think its an interesting angle, very watchable. Brought some passion out of HBK.

plus an iminent turn for HBK it seemed to me, saying how jericho had awoken somthing insidde that he didnt want to hide lol

So if jericho is involved around the main event and shaun moves on to feuding with someone like rey or such it would be a ncie progression
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:20 pm

pathhh wrote:
I second Sextons comment.......Its a job....I'm sure he doesnt really want to be a heel.....but its a character......a new character

Most people actually prefer being heel apart from marks like Bret Hart. Its more fun to play a heel than a face.

I'm a big fan of Jericho's old persona, but it needed changing and the way its working now is spot on, he's a heel, people hate him, job done.

At least Jericho has the balls to change his persona, unlike HHH who has been the exact same character since 1999.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:24 pm

Thats why people who watch wrestling at an older age tend prefer heels, the charactors are far more complex and interesting. Thus can be more entertaining than HHH thinking hes being funny nearly breaking kayfabe, when infact its embarrasing to watch No
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Yeah I really don't get why he does that all the time, its lame, and has no point to it.

I saw the bit on smackdown where he said "I swear to god I'm gonna be champion for the next decade".

Yep Shoot You Beotch
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:00 pm

desert_dude1985 wrote:
yeah i mean, i think this fued with michaels has been...well ok....but its been so damn serious and bitter that ive had trouble swallowing it. I guess its just that i remember for the majority of HBK and Jerichos careers, wether good or bad theyve always been the superstars that are fun to watch and the storylines were always , while not always ace, pretty entertaining to watch.
I just hope they both don't go out on sour notes........theyre pasts are worth a bit too much for that to happen!
Are you serious? The HBK vs Jericho fued is the one reason to watch WWE right now. Yes it is a more serious fued, but I'd say that's a good thing, as comedy can only go so far. Without a doubt this is WWE's fued of the year, and i really can't see anything surpassing it. Great promos from both men, and some fantastic matches which really tell an emotional story.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:02 pm

if there was good competition for the new stable, i reckon that could be as good, orton looks well into what he says now, looks like he means shit more
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:45 pm

well these are all awesome viewpoints bros, and on some levels i wud say i agree.
guess im just whining as ive been watchin alot of past wwe on here recent and am longing for a story to really sink my teeth into. guess i just gotta accept things aint the same anymore.
gotta say tho, i love heels as much as anyone....mvp for example.....gonna be a top player in my mind someday and as far this new stable....am really looking forward to seein that progress.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
Yeah I really don't get why he does that all the time, its lame, and has no point to it.

I saw the bit on smackdown where he said "I swear to god I'm gonna be champion for the next decade".

Yep Shoot You Beotch

i can see one reason this wont happen, he wont break flairs record
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 12:11 am

podegarudo wrote:
bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:

Yep Shoot You Beotch

i can see one reason this wont happen, he wont break flairs record

I would put money on that IS his aim.

This HBK/ Y2J fued has been very serious, that's why it has gripped so many people, it's easy to look at HBK AND Y2J when they were doing the comedic heel/ face gimmick's, but as some one get's older they dont wanna be known as a one trick pony, or a one dimensional charactor, and as this is essentially acting, they wanna proove they can do it all, and they have both been golden, something new from both guy's.

Im with you about HHH's breaking Kayfabe evry promo, make's me cringe as much as a kid friendly Cena promo. Dont get me wrong, it WAS funny, once, but every promo, he refferences banging Steph, Vince his Father-in-law, or just some daft shit that he only say's because no one who he is aiming it at really get's it, I think he got abit too comfy on the mic imo, rather watch his top notch promo's from McMahon/ Helmsley era than ANYTHING nowaday's. Give it up Haitch, it's not funny, it's embarrassing, your making yourself look like a cock...
Back to top Go down
king inferno
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
king inferno

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 1:17 am

while i agree that jericho is less entertaining now,i am glad that they are giving him a more dark and complex heel storyline than before.let's face it,you cant be the same character forever and stay interseting,look at all the people complaining about the undertaker becoming stale on this board.you gotta keep variety in the superstars charcters and personalitys,and i personally like jerichos new darker heel role.
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:31 am

I am on the Jericho-bandwagon. When he stopped wrestling to tour with Fozzy and stuff I did not really mind. He was still good to see, but his jolly sunnyboy-gimmick had become very stale. I can't even say I missed him that much when he was away, but then again I did not miss Big Show when he was away. The only thing from that time Jericho was away was that his band played somewhere near my place, and I was too lazy and poor to go...

I was very excited when this whole save_us business started and it became clear that it was about Jericho. But then it became clear that he'd return in only a slightly changed version of the persone he left with, and that kinda sucked. I really really liked how he turned heel, and I will agree with my predecessors in saying that he seems more comfortable as a heel, and that he definitely is more enjoyable as a heel.

On a general note I would also agree that heels are more entertaining than faces. Just look at the movies. Dark Knight anyone? And Star Wars I-III is the story of the bad guy from Star Wars IV-VI. I'd say that tells you something abut the popularity of villians.

And screw Triple H's fourth wall breaking. That already was old in the Attitude era.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought.....   Just a thought..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a thought.....
Page 1 of 1