Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Money In The Bank

Go down 
+6
macclads
boschbourne06
Sexton Hardcastle
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
Rocky2
the-gaffer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Anyone think they would prefer to leave this out of WrestleMania this year, possibly leaving it to Backlash and allowing it to be the main event of the night?

As its a mile stone, I would prefer to see a proper Traditional WrestleMania card
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 pm

I would prefer it not to be a part of Wrestlemania this year but not for the same reasons as you. I think if WWE do keep it for Wrestlemania, it should be only be used once every 2 years otherwise it will lose it's appeal and shock factor IMO and people will get bored of it. I also wouldn't mind seeing them move it to another PPV which is usually stipulation free, e.g.
No Mercy or The Great American Bash.
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:07 pm

I think they should stick it on Summerslam as this is technically classed as one of the 'Big Four' pay per views by most but in recent years it has been a large disappointment.

And out of the other main four PPVs it doesnt have a specialty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 pm

MITB with edge christian jeff and matt.

good enough for mania id say Laughing

come on cena win your belt back
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 pm

i want to see it this year as i think it will be the biggest one in a long time the WWE's mid carders and high flyers are the best they've had in a long time plus i think it stole the show last year
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:14 pm

MVP
SHELTON
MATT
JEFF
EDGE
CHRISTIAN
TRUTH
KENDRICK

4 faces 4 heels, perfect. all can be in rivalries too
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 pm

only thing is i think christian going to be facing swagger at mania
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:18 pm

non of my thing will work, just id love to see it Sad

maybe next year
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 pm

you only can hope
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 pm

It's something I've mentioned previously that the event itself deserves a PPV of it's own. Personally I'd like to see it held 3 PPV's before Mania so the guy who has it is probably going to be fit for the big one and could cash it in there. Someone going into Mania with the MITB chance would raise the twist level throughout the show,
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:29 pm

King Sexton wrote:
MITB with edge christian jeff and matt.

good enough for mania id say Laughing

come on cena win your belt back

I said that ages ago, I would only make the MITB those four this year, but thats not likely
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 pm

King Sexton wrote:
MVP
SHELTON
MATT
JEFF
EDGE
CHRISTIAN
TRUTH
KENDRICK

4 faces 4 heels, perfect. all can be in rivalries too

7 SmackDown and one ECW though

Thats what I was getting at!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:32 pm

raw hasnt the time to push small guys Laughing

cm punk would be good, i wouldnt like kofi in the MITB really as his high flying offence isnt actually anything more than cross bodies, and cm punk is miles ahead as a complete wrestler
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:34 pm

macclads wrote:
It's something I've mentioned previously that the event itself deserves a PPV of it's own. Personally I'd like to see it held 3 PPV's before Mania so the guy who has it is probably going to be fit for the big one and could cash it in there. Someone going into Mania with the MITB chance would raise the twist level throughout the show,

Armageddon, thats a great Idea Maccs, end the year with an 6-8 man ladder match and start of the new year with someone with the MITB contract looking to pounce

The MITB guy could win the Rumble as well, it gives the WWE a chance to unify the world titles although they don't need to actually go through with it, would be excellent to have a champion vs champion match
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:37 pm

King Sexton wrote:
raw hasnt the time to push small guys Laughing

cm punk would be good, i wouldnt like kofi in the MITB really as his high flying offence isnt actually anything more than cross bodies, and cm punk is miles ahead as a complete wrestler

Agreed but you know RAW will have at least three guys in their, probably four, I would say Rhodes, Di Biase, Rey and possibly Punk

I don't really like a lot of highfliers in this kind of match, I think thats where people get confused about it, watch the early ladder matches, they where excellent matches, its just when guys who couldn't perform to the same level as Bret and Owen Hart or Shawn and Scott Hall they had to rely on big spots and now plenty of people think thats the way the matches should be
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:38 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
only thing is i think christian going to be facing swagger at mania

I think it will be a Triple Threat at Mania, so whoever goes over whom (be it Swagger of Christian) they will pin the third guy (Finlay or Bourne)
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:40 pm

you do have to be the complete package to survive the MITB i think. Morrison fit in well in his appearance last year, probably stole the show with some of his antics, but he doesnt need to rely on the old flip around shit to still keep it good.

i just though imagine if they had 2 MITBs for some weird illogical reason Neutral
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:46 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
macclads wrote:

Armageddon, thats a great Idea Maccs, end the year with an 6-8 man ladder match and start of the new year with someone with the MITB contract looking to pounce

The MITB guy could win the Rumble as well, it gives the WWE a chance to unify the world titles although they don't need to actually go through with it, would be excellent to have a champion vs champion match

Exactly my thoughts on it being the end of the year thing. Then the guy who has it is then built up as it's their year next.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:49 pm

I'm not a lover of it just now with the way its perceived (midcarders)

I think whats illogical about it is that its a chance to gain a contact for a title match yet none of the top stars want to be in it, it doesn't make sense
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:48 am

I think whats illogical about it is that its a chance to gain a contact for a title match yet none of the top stars want to be in it, it doesn't make sense

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MITB at Mania 23 had Edge, Orton and Booker, all of whom had won world titles (and 2 of them within the previous year).

I'd keep MITB in there, some of Mania's most memorable moments have involved ladders, so I think it's definitely worth a spot on the card. I would cut the field down to 6 though, the 7 or 8 of the last few years have made it too chaotic. I also think whoever wins it this year needs to lose the title shot too, the guys who have held the briefcase have gone on to win the big one (aside form Kennedy, who would have if he hadn't been misdiagnosed).

This year, I'd go with MITB as follows, with 2 from each show:

Kane and Rey Mysterio
Shelton and Umaga
Morrison and Evan Bourne

4 high flyers, former world champs, an amazingly agile big man (not meaning Kane!), a mix of faces and heels, and I'd have Shelton win, only for him to lose the match when he cashes it in.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:54 am

Take out the MITB match though and it leaves a space for a gimmick match involving ladders.
It then could make the Jeff/Matt match a TLC one at this Mania.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:00 am

I think at this stage of their careers, they need a singles match at Mania. Matt has been in the last, what, 3 MITBs? I can't remember Jeff ever having a singles match at Mania.

If Jeff is now a proper main-eventer (and I think he is) and Matt is going to be pushed as a heel, they need to be moved towards singles matches. For me, Matt is incredibly under-rated as a singles wrestler (and he's not afraid of making new guys look good either), and Jeff has improved over the past year and needs to show that he's more than a spot-monkey.

By all means include a TLC match in their feud, but I'd hold that off until a few PPV's down the line.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:31 pm

really think rey will be winning the mitb after just stepping back and thinking logicly for a second Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Pala!
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room
Pala!

Location : Dublin, Ireland Number of posts : 70 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock/CM Punk

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:40 pm

In all honesty. I think they should give the case to Evan Bourne. But don't let him win the World Title. Now, we know that they can't go on with everyone winning the championship after getting the briefcase and Bourne is the perfect person to do this with. He is small but he is a very good wrestler, he could go against someone like Edge who beats him but only just. This would help Bourne get over more IMO. It shouldn't be a surprise cash in, but a legit cash in on PPV. Bourne comes so close, but loses. It has to happen on someone, and I think it would be perfect to do with Sydal.
Back to top Go down
http://thewrestlingforum.co.uk
Grecian
Grecian

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Bourne is good, anfd his match with Matt Hardy at Cyber Sunday was great (one of my favourites of last year), but I'd rather they put it on Shelton.

Probably me being a little biased, but the guy is amazing, needs a face turn (he's wasted as a heel), and although I really think whoever wins MITB this year should lose, it could be the start of a real main event feud. his mini-programme with the Taker a month or so back was a good start, I thought, putting Shelton in a feud over the belt with Edge could be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Money In The Bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money In The Bank   Money In The Bank Empty

Back to top Go down

Money In The Bank
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next