Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Money in the bank

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Money in the bank   Money in the bank EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:16 pm

Just finished watching, and I have to say, it was one of the better WWE PPV's I've seen in a while.

The Smackdown ladder match was was one of the best ladder matches I've seen, certainly the best of the MITBs. It was quick paced, everyone had a chance to shine, and giving it about 30 minutes meant it really developed as a contest. I called Kane as the winner on the prediction league, and i think now it's obvious that he's going to be revealed as the guy who took out the Undertaker, and it's Kane vs Taker for the title. At various points, I thought Drwe, or Christian or Matt would win, the fact the contest was largely booked around the Big Show worked well, I thought. A cracking opener to the show, and it was good to see the crowd really into the match too.

The Raw match didn;t quite live up to it, but I was glad to see Miz win. i was a bit concerned that with Edge, Jericho and Orton in it, WWE might just take the easy route and give the case to one of them. It makes sense that Kane cashed in so quickly, now the focus of the importance of MITB can be shifted completely onto Miz, and I fully expect him to become a world champ. I'm hoping he remains a heel, and now heads into a feud with an upper-mid-carder first, before going for the main event level feud with Orton (for example). I'm getting a bit fed up with WWE shoving guys into the main event bracket and us being expected to simply accept them (Sheamus, Swagger) before they're ready. ideally, I want Miz holding the cash for at least 5 months, the way Edge was buikt up before his first cash-in on Cena. Should also mention the sequence on the outside with Mark Henry taking finishers from Edge and Jericho - a perfect way the 'big man' should be eliminated from this kind of contest. And orton's RKO on Jericho was an absolute peach. Finally, Bourne's shooting star onto Orton following Orton's RKO was a great spot, and the timing involved was stunning.

Aside from this, I was surprised Rey's title reign was that quick - I expected him to retain, and then Swagger 'injure' him either post-match or in a rematch down the line, for Rey to go and get his knee sorted out. Cena vs Sheamus was... ok. Bit slow paced, and an example of a match that could have been made a bit more dramatic with some blood. The Nexus bit at the end though did seem a bit tacked on, and predictable.

As is rapidly becoming tradition, I skipped the Layla vs kelly match, Eve vs Alicia was about as good as you could hope for, and the tag match was pretty decent. nice to see the pop when DH Smith slapped on the Sharpshooter, and Tyson kidd is a guy who impresses me almost every time I see him.

Finally, the Nexus angle... for me, it's all getting a bit... shite. It started brilliantly, but now it's getting to the point in which you just know they're coming out. i want to start seeing them in actual matches, 1 vs 1, Cena vs Wade Barrett... anything to regain the original momentum. At the moment, it's peaked with them taking out Vince. WWE needs to figure out what the pay-off to the angle is going to be, and work on getting there. As I say, it's all too obvious what they're going to do each week.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money in the bank   Money in the bank EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

I can't help but get the feeling WWE didn't realise how popular the Nexus angle would be, they seem to be dragging it out without any real kind of purpose or goal, and it's getting worringly close to Cena going over the whole group.

I don't think they need a leader, like everybody thinks they do, Wade Barret is brilliant as the leader role anyway, and as soon as you bring in an estbalished star into the mix, the emphasise is immediatly onto them and away from the Nexus, I don't know where WWE should go with it now, but they need some direction or the whole angle will just die on it's arse.

I was actually really suprised to see Kane win both the MitB and the title, but if it ends up leading to a title match between him and the Undertaker, I will be dissapointed, for one, a feud between those two at this point, does not need a title, and the matches wouldn't be great, although I can imagine the two of them would be able to have some decent promos.

The Miz, I wasn't as shocked by, but I just hope he is built up over the next few months, rather than rushing the cash in on a Raw, I actually think The Miz shouldn't do the run-in way of winning the title, but do it the RVD-way, saying that he is so Awesome that he doesn't need to sneak attack to the win the title. I would prefer him to stay as heel, but I can see him getting more and more popular leaving no choice for him to be the cool face, which I won't mind as long as they keep the same character, what they didn't do with Cena.

I don't know if Rey will be taking his break now or what, if Taker can't get back for Summerslam, Smackdown looks very very weak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money in the bank   Money in the bank EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

WWE are going on the nexus angle week by week, they have no long term plan. However Sheamus i consider now fully a main eventer, doesn't look out of place.

Swagger since he lost the title has also got better, his use of the ankle lock has added a new dimension to his wrestling, he has the 2 very different finishers which will help stay in the main event status as his matches can now go different ways
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money in the bank   Money in the bank EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 pm

I expect either

CM Punk Vs Kane or Kane Vs Swagger at Summerslam for title, at which there will be the gongs etc and the return vid and maybe some druids, as this means Taker can return at the next PPV and doesnt have to wrestle
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money in the bank   Money in the bank EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Good in depoth first match got better as it went on few of the bumps looked a bit botched or were pulled off with little convinction(if youre getting what i mean :s ) , But overall very good i was certain Drew was going to pinch it from the second kofi smashed him through the table so was nicely suprised also the video at end of kane going ape shit at different points in match was very nice!.

So kane v undertaker then Kane to retire? Still shame WWE made him cash in mid ppv not end as it would of been good dramatic finish they barley made a deal of it!

Im liking alica fox she can actually wrestle and Eve's reversed(kinda) flip from top rope was pretty cool . Not a bad divas match.

Hart dynasty going over uso's aagin on ppv meh

kelly kelly match i cant even memba

Miz winning MITB isnt a hughe suprise but like i say theres a big part of me sesning he will loose to test his determination in buisness . The way they kept reminding us no one had lost a MITB and it was virtually a title Rolling Eyes dunno get a feeling hell loose and maybe turn face admitting he was cocky or something to that extenet.

Mysterio v swagger was quite good as i say kane bit at end was far best bit.

cena match or specifically ending was a shit way to end a otherwise very nice and respectable ppv!. Can see Cena gradually beating up rookies one by one then getting to barett.... who has he done darren young and michael tarver the black ones swear he done someone otherweek on raw too?

wade baretts title shot whens that coming i to play summerslam?

Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money in the bank   Money in the bank EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:20 am

Other than the Smackdown MITB match, I thought the PPV was pretty average. While I can understand them puting the title on Kane from a stroyline perspective, what I can't understand is why they would put the title on a guy who has done nothing worthwhile since 2004. But Smackdown has generally been pretty shit the last couple of months anyway, so I guess it's not that big a deal.

And glad to see that somebody else feels the Nexus angle has been totally wasted after a really good start, I think when they attacked Steamboat and the other old timers back in about the 3rd week of the angle, is about when I began to lose interest in this, and it's been getting progressively worse from there. Every other site I go on, all I see is people talking about how Nexus is the greatest thing in about 10 years, but they really have done nothing with this angle worth mentioning past their attack on the first night and they are beginning to look pretty weak too.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money in the bank   Money in the bank EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:32 am

It's because WWE has no long term plans for Nexus, if they did i'm sure they would have done something different with them but as they don't they are just getting Nexus to do the same stuff over and over, its getting old.

I think Kane is also likely to be retiring soon, so the title could be a sort of thank you gift for not complaining with jobbing for so long and not having held a major title for 10 years aparantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Money in the bank   Money in the bank Empty

Back to top Go down

Money in the bank
Page 1 of 1