Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)

Go down 
+7
Doomhammer
Sexton Hardcastle
Rocky2
C4lum
the-gaffer
feяgie22
KentWrestlingLegend
11 posters
AuthorMessage
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) Empty
PostSubject: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:16 pm

Jeff Hardy WWE Champ!

how long will it last?
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:32 pm

Either the rumble or No Way out
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:40 pm

I hope they give the guy a chance to prove himself as the champion

I am not his biggest fan but if anyone deserves a run with the gold after what they have put into the business then its Jeff Hardy, yes he has had big problems, they say many a genius is flawed though. I liked the way his character was going, can't see him turning heel now as champion though, I hope he remains a total tweener and takes out everyone.

I won't be holding my breath for any classic wrestling matches in the near future but I really hope he is booked as a fighting champion and even if they are all gimmick matches I would like to see him in on it.

Hardcore matches, TLC matches, Ladder matches (would really like to see it done with the Undertaker again)

I would like to think the WWE will use this opportunity to book guys in the main event, even if its only on SmackDown! who haven't been used to main event spots as well as the usual.

With the roster the way it is then I am hopeful of seeing

Hardy v Edge
Hardy v Benjamin
Hardy v MVP
Hardy v Mr Kennedy (if he is back before Jeff drops it)
Hardy v The Undertaker (Ladder match)

They are all feuds that are possible and would make Hardy look strong coming out on all of them, it also allows the WWE to keep Triple H out of the main event for a while

I hope that he is given at least 4 months anyway, he has waited his life for it, they have had there finger on the trigger for about 12 months now, so hopefully they will role with it even if it doesn't get off to the best of starts, Hardy will never win wrestler of the year but he is capable of performing spots that could just make this title reign unbelievable or at least make it memorable!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:41 pm

For the record he was involved in one of the best title matches I have seen in a long time last night, that and the Jericho Michaels ladder match was phenomenal
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:53 pm

Not sure how long he'll hold it for.. cant see it going beyond WM25

My perfect scenario would be a tripple threat TLC match at mania between Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy and Edge, although i dont think matt should be anywhere near the title, it just makes good history, with a returning Christian to help Edge win the title
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:55 pm

I think Matt proved last night how good he is in his match with Kozlov, I felt it was wrong to feed Matt to Kozlov considering he is the ECW World champion but Kozlov looked good, something he Triple H couldn't make him look and he is considered to be one of the best
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Kozlov getting the win over the champ surely gives him no1 contender for the title tho, now at least we can see a decent matt hardy ecw feud i hope, finlay and mark henry just wernt up to it for me
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:11 pm

That was one match that should not have been anywhere near a PPV, I can't believe Vince thinks people pay for this, well short changed!

Like I said, there where plenty of other options for that spot than those two, if they had that match this week on ECW everyone would think it was a good match, but at a PPV????? No way!
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Does anyone get the feeling that they have dropped the extreme Hardy angle now? I mean, he doesn't wear the facepaint anymore and he hasn't really been that extreme at all apart from starting a brawl with HHH at every opportunity. This might just be me, but I get the feeling that WWE weren't sure whether to give Hardy the belt just yet and were thinking of turning him heel for a while before he finally won the title in the summer.

I think there are only two possible contenders for who took out Jeff and they are HHH and Christian Cage. HHH is an obvious one, he was afraid that Hardy would take his title from him and took Hardy out of the equation at SS knowing he could beat Kozlov one on one, HHH could then reveal it was him as he has nothing to lose now but everything to gain. Christian would be another obvious choice with the Edge link and it would be a good way to reintroduce him as a main eventer. I can't see Tomko being given that kind of push on his debut and I don't know who else it could possibly be. I hope WWE pull a big swerve and reveal it was someone we had never expected.

As for Jeff, I never wanted him to hold the belt. I just think the guy is unreliable and I definately wouldn't book him as my WWE champion unless he earned my trust. I can see him losing at the RR to be honest. I think it will be a rematch of Armageddeon where Matt screws his brother out of the title for some reason. Jeff then turns extreme again and we see a Extreme Rules or TLC match for the ECW title between Jeff and Matt.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 11:01 pm

He wore the face paint last night at the PPV he won the strap

He done a promo before the match and it was a whachy snapped promo, it certainly looked extreme!

The WWE haven't been sure about giving him the belt for a year now, they pulled the trigger on him

Also I think the more extreme Jeff was far better in his match with Taker than anything he has done with HHH
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 11:13 pm

Haven't watched Armageddeon yet so didn't know that Hardy wore the facepaint. That was the first time he wore the facepaint for a couple of weeks, isn't it? The last time I can remember him wearing it before Armageddeon was in the Tag Team Guantlet match with HHH.

I must admit I did enjoy Jeff's match against Taker and I have never liked HHH vs Jeff matches, they bore me lol.

Do you think there is a chance Jeff could walk into Mania with the WWE Championship? I doubt that will happen, I think Edge will win back the belt at RR, HHH wins the Rumble and HHH wins the WWE title from Edge at Mania. Someone mentioned that HHH hasn't won a Mania main event for a few years now and I think he will end that streak next year. Wasn't the last time he won a Mania main event was when he defeated Booker T?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:02 am

fook me il keep it short but that match wouldnt have looked out of place at an attitude WM main event

only worry the belt looked so fake hope now it gets redone
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:08 am

mania if all goes well cud easily be TLC edge christian hardy J n M

HHHvsTAKER buried alive

isnt it now irrelevant who took out hardy if somone had deked him offt the stage i wuda exploded with glee
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 4:08 am

Rocky wrote:
Does anyone get the feeling that they have dropped the extreme Hardy angle now? I mean, he doesn't wear the facepaint anymore

except for his last match on record....
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 am

and the promo on smackdown where he was looking a bit green lol.

seriously though, where now with the attacker angle?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 am

I would love it to be The Undertaker who did it!

Would be a triffic swerve and since The Undertaker had struck first blood he would no doubt be the heel between the two of them and in being the heel means he doesn't have to die and come back and win any rematches!

I could see him being the guy who did it then have a long programme with Jeff until the Rumble with Hardy winning a ladder match

I am no great fan of the Undertaker these days but his ladder match with Hardy years ago was great and his match with Jeff on SmackDown! a few weeks ago was to that standard, sometimes guys just click in there together
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 12:03 pm

It also leaves the door open for Triple H to finally get that heel turn he has been craving
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:14 pm

I had hoped for Jeff to get a run with the strap but I had gone for a Guerrero-esque Mania win (which I think the writers were planning for a while too)
Will be interesting to see how they book Mania now and I can see at least one 4 way for the main titles.
Either: Cena v Orton v Batista v Jericho
or
Jeff v Edge v Christian v Matt.

That would leave it free for HHH v Taker on the SD roster.
Bourne v Koslov for ECW.
HBK (heel with JBL) v Rey
Miz/Morrison v Priceless v Kofi/Punk tag title
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:18 pm

till Wrestlemania hopefully he will have a good feud with someone i can also see him beating taker at wrestlemania so im not really sure
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:33 pm

If there is a fatal Four way for the WHC title on RAW then you can pretty much bet that Shawn Michaels will be involved, those kind of matches need him because he sets the pace for others.

I'm glad they didn't wait until WrestleMania for Jeff to get the strap, its to cliche' to keep doing that, it leaves it more open this way, anyone can be given that push at any PPV or so it makes the crowd think anyway.

I don't think Matt Hardy will get near a main event at WrestleMania or any other PPV for quite a while yet, it would need to be some rise and I just can't see it.

Would love to see a fatal Fourway though with Christian, Edge, Jericho and Michaels, I realise that two of these guys are on RAW one is on SMACKDOWN! and one is in TNA at this moment in time so thats unlikely however that would sell WrestleMania on its own!
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Call me a traditionalist but I don't think three or four way dances belong in the Wrestlemania main event. Also for practical reasons too.

Look at the Wrestlemania 2000 main event, that was awful and I can't remember any stand out four way matches. It's basically just two normal matches pasted together. Usually badly.

And as for three ways, they've had far too many of these already this year and one at Wrestlemania. Having yet another one is just too much.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 3:49 pm

I agree that Matt doesnt belong in a WM main event at all but if they booked it as Jeff v Edge and Christian has agreed to a return then I think they would love to put all of them together again in the ring.
I do though think that Matt is the guy that took Jeff out at Survivor Series and the Edge chat on SD last week to me implied that Matt is jealous of being forever in his brothers shadow.
So I think they could swerve it with Matt teaming with Edge and Christian returning as a face teaming with Jeff.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Well this isn't really much of a surprise, but is still disappointing. I'm already boycotting RAW while Cena's champ, looks like I'll be doing the same with Smackdown for a while Crying or Very sad

I can see why they did it though, as it does freshen things up a bit and gives a few new options for the main events. I'm just hoping that this gets ended quickly, maybe with just a one month reign like Orton and Edge's first runs with the belt.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 8:45 pm

I think this is an entirely different situation than the first Edge or Hardy run, this is being built up like the realisation of a childhood dream in the Shawn Michaels mould.

I don't get why anyone would boycott simply because who is the champion, its not like he is the real champion of wrestling, anyway SD is a great show at the moment, Hardy is only a part of that show
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Yeah but usually whoever is champion is made the main focus of their respective show, and unlike some people who will be annoyed by things but continue to watch, if I don't like something, I'll turn off until it's rectified.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)   Never thought it would happen (SPOILER) Empty

Back to top Go down

Never thought it would happen (SPOILER)
Page 1 of 1