Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Genesis results and thoughts as they happen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Genesis results and thoughts as they happen Empty
PostSubject: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:04 am

I'll leave the Sabin Shelly match alone, iv convered my thoughts on that already

Very enjoyable first match, I thought the whole thing though was booked to put Hernandez over, and it made everyone else look weak, however a guy who is 300lbs and moves like him deserves to be pushed, they guy is everything that Batista isn't, he is exactly why we don't like Batista, watching Hernandez makes you realise that being a big guy should not hinder your movement or abilities, his Razors Edge Powerbomb was brilliant, his sitdown Powerbomb was brilliant and his top rope splash was top drawer

Rhino is missing......... No one has seen him all day, apparantly he is never late, not decided what way they are going with this yet

Kevin Nash is hospitlised, Foley has demanded that Cornette tells the MEM that unless they find a partner it will be a handicapped match, I sense a Foley heel turn ala Hogan and the Outsiders back in 96

The referee beats Bashir, truly killing Bashir now, jobbing him out to referees is scandelous, obviously they have no use for him at the moment, he has went from X-Division champion to jobber in 4 weeks
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:37 am

update

New Tag Champions

Bear Money regain the titles after Jackie came down and distracted the ref when Jay Lethal had Bobby Roode pinned, Storm done the damage and threw Roode over Matt Morgan for the 123

Not got a clue why they had Lethal and Creed win the straps then not even have a full show where they where champions, its like they wanted to get that feast match out the road ASAP and wanted it to make it look worthy

Matt Morgan and Abyss squared up at the end, these two are a complete miss match, they should be higher up the card than tag team, Morgan is really impressive and Abyss will always be over, they didn't come to blows but a split is in the happening, it has to be, when it does maybe these two can can back on track, as a tag team its not worked
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:41 am

Update

Kurt Angle has went to Cornette and admitted they went to Rhino's hotel room, they asked him nicely to no show, he declined so they took him somewhere, I presume they beat him up (kayfabe obviously) then Angle said they gave him cab fair home, so whether he shows I don't know, how bad a booking would that be though, Rhinos first main event in God Knows how long and they book him to miss it, after the failure of the WWE in the last few months firstly with CM Punk then Jeff Hardy missing out I hope they don't go with this angle, if Rhino shows though its just giving him an excuse if he gets beat

ODB wins the No1 contender match, Kong comes out to confront here, I think ODB might want her match now since Hemme is out injured, TNA do need an opponent for Kong
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:46 am

Update

Sting seems pissed off, he tells Jimmy Cornette that he had nothing to do with the jump on Rhino, he said he "ain't been to Charlotte in 15 years and I came to win my title match"

I can see a change somewhere along the lines here, just not sure where its coming from, my first thoughts was Foley heel turn, but now they are saying Nash is out because he has been 'hospitilised'

I don't know, it Rhino is not going to be wrestling tonight and Sting does want to defend his title I can see maybe Nash coming out from nowhere and just nailing Sting with a Jack Knife and getting the win, thus also throwing Sting out of the MEM in the meantime, all these things probably wont happen, its just whats going through my mind as I watch
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:49 am

Update

There goes that theory, Rhino has just shown up, he is throwing things about the locker room, is selling a big back injury
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 2:57 am

Apparently Nashs injury is legit, going by Rajah.com there is a big panic in the locker room that he has blood poisoning

Quote :
During tonight's TNA Genesis Pay-Per-View, it was announced that Main Event Mafia star Kevin Nash would be unable to compete in his scheduled match because he was hospitalized earlier today.

For those wondering whether Nash's absense was part of a storyline or a legit injury - it's legit. Nash was hospitalized earlier today in Charlotte, North Carolina with a severe staph infection in his elbow. There is a lot of concern backstage at Genesis regarding Nash's condition and there is fear he may have blood poisoning.

Conclusion? I think to much
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:18 am

Angle vs Jarrett

I suppose this was a good match, it was more brutal than a good match, not very believable, I don't like Jarrett that much anyway, he had to run a company to get a main spot, Angle was wasted on him, anyway Jarrett was booked stronger than Cena in this match, Angle ended up winning, that was after Jarrett kicked out of two angle slams, got out of three ankle locks and kicked out of the most vicious chair shot I've saw for ages, he was burst wide open like vintage Flair

After the match Angle attacked him more, the commentators where selling his ankle injuries and Angle went to town on it used the chair to do the typical ankle trap

Jarrett is stretchered out the ring in a bad mess, I have got to question his ego here, is this the only way we are meant to buy him losing? How does his kids feel seeing him lying in a pool of his own blood being strecthered out after all thats happened, left a bitter taste for me

World Title match next

You have to ask why this match isn't last, for me it means something big is going to happen on this Foley return match, still going with the Heel turn, even more so now that its booked last match of the night!

Who does that? who has a random 6 man tag match last over a World Title match, particularly one Sting holds, I mean, he aint no CM Punk
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:34 am

the-gaffer wrote:

Rhino is missing......... No one has seen him all day, apparantly he is never late, not decided what way they are going with this yet

Unless he's drunk
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:38 am

Sting wins

Not a great match at all, in fairness the first two matches would make it hard for anything to compare with, Rhino hit a gore but was to out of it, they where selling his injuries but he didn't do a good job in selling them, he would only sell them when he was offensive, when he was getting beat down he was looking fine, surely if he was hurt getting more hurt would look more painful!

Frontline Promo

Next up Foley AJ and Devon v Steiner Booker and ?????????????

Prediction, you guessed it, Foley heel turn, I think he will be the third member of MEM, he fits the bill, he is a legend a former World Champion and with Jarrett and Cornette on the faces side I feel they need some political clout in office, Foley would be able to sell that side of the story

EDIT. Damn Booker T and that pathetic accent

EDIT EDIT

Cute Kip, Kip James, Rockabilly, Billy Gunn and Mr Ass, he is Nashs replacement

Unbelievable, ushered into the main event and he is given the mic to announce his achievments and his credentials

Seriously, I thought this guy was finished, he might have just resurrected his career with, Unbelievable
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 3:59 am

Not a bad showing on his part either. Had a decent amount of offense. Got taken out first though.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:15 am

Foley didn't turn, terrible main event!

Poor finish to what was a brilliant show, first three matches where excellent, wasn't a lover of the Angle match but at least it was interesting, Stinger was never going to lose and the main event was a total mess, one awesome spot from AJ but it took him out the match, I would rather see AJ wrestle than do a crazy spot off the top rope onto a table with Mr Ass on it
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:56 am

i thought it was a little too cluttered, and didn't flow nicely at all.

Kip did a good job though.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Country : Genesis results and thoughts as they happen England-1

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:30 pm

Good PPV, but like all recent PPVs (TNA and WWE) it seemed like it had a great start, 1st two matches, fantastic, the Bashir match was pointless, and to cap that, Im sure they said that Sewell stopped wrestling because he was pretty beat up, and he really didn't do much to make him look good, but Tenay was saying how he joined TNA as a ref to get some income, not that I think any one will care too much about it...

Heard a few different stories regarding the injuries reported, like Hemme wasn't the only Knockout injured scheduled for that match, apparently Kong was too (side note here, could've sworn they was calling her crew Cuntourage on Impact last week...), and Sting's knee's were pretty fooked too, hence the Rhyno injury angle. And Jarret was apparently injured from that spot where he was Angle Slammed off the stage, he overshot the table abit and messed his back up, which the locker room said was evident when he came back through the curtain.

Anyway, two great matches, a shit match, then the tag match was good, then it went downhill, good for the story progression, but the matches weren't all that, and now Angle own's TNA? And yeah, what a lark having Kipper in the main event!Laughing
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Fair assement there and in line with my thoughts as well

One thing though, you would hope a PPV builds up throughout the show, but with its opening two matches then it was only going to go downhill from there, like I said, I wasn't a lover of the Jarrett Angle match simply by the way they had him booked but it was still a very good match, Angle is the top draw of the company

Here is how I would have match listed the show

Tag Team Title Triple Threat
Bashir vs Sewell
TNA World Heavyweight Title Match
6 man Tag Team elimination Match
Knockouts match
Shelly vs Sabin
Foley, AJ and Devon vs Steiner, Booker and Cute Kip
Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett

(I feel its always good to get the show off to a good start, fast paced match)
(I feel having this earlier might have got the fans more into it even though it wasn't great)
(Get the Referee match out the way early, sandwiched in between two title matches might get it less resentment)
(after a slow paced World Title match a quick and hard hitting spot fest would liven up the crowd)
(Knockout match could be good toilet break for the last three matches)
(Match of the night would be the opening of the final 3 matches)
(Never going to be a classic but AJ is there and a Foley return)
(Save the brutal match to the last, let the fans go home with memories of a bloodied and battered Jarrett being stretchered out of the arena)
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Country : Genesis results and thoughts as they happen England-1

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Yeah I would've booked it like that, maybe switch the X title match with the World Title match, it has to be further up the card as it is their main strap.

What's getting me, Booker has this belt he brought in like 3 month back, and defended it once, but there is only Foley, maybe Jarret (if he weren't involved in the power struggle directly) as all the wrestler's that would be eligable to hold that belt are in his stable and aren't gonna be booked to go after the belt, would like to see Sting drop this World Title and leave MEM taking the Legend belt off Booker.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:16 pm

I can see Angle screwing Sting out of the World Title belt somehow, don't know how though, can just see him do that and kick Sting out of the MEM because he shows no heel signs anyway, even at the PPV he was going on about how long its been since he had wrestled in Charlotte, thats not a heel thing to do unless your saying you never wrestled in that cess pit for a reason

I like your idea though, Sting v Booker T for the legends Title is something I wouldn't mind seeing, it would also set up the potential of Angle v AJ for the World Title
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 pm

Just watched this last night, decent PPV with a couple of really good matches, which is pretty much what I expected. Shelley vs Sabin was a really good match, and Angle vs Jarrett was fantastic I thought, both men really worked their asses off, and I thought it really showed how Jeff Jarrett IS a main eventer. As for JJ kicking out of 2 Angle Slams, I don't have a problem with that as it is a secondary finisher, and Angle himself kicked out of Jeff's Stroke. I felt that played in to the fact it wasn't just a match and both men were digging down deep, not willing to give it up.

Rest of the card was pretty average, apart from the tag title match was pretty good, but everything else was just kind of there.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:15 pm

I can never see Double J being a main eventer, he had to get his own promotion to be a main eventer

Latest I hear is he is releasing a Four disc DVD of his career, four discs taking th piss out o

Finally a cure for insomnia
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 pm

i agree that a 4 disc DVD is a bit excessive, but I also feel that Jarrett gets a lot of shit thrown his way that isn't really justified. A lot of the time I think people who criticise him, just remember the old WWF midcard JJ who was basically made into a joke, but he has developed a lot since then, and can hold his own with anyone in the ring or on the mic.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:55 pm

I do remember old Double J, thats not what I base my opinion on though, I liked JJ when he was a midcard guy in 98 and 99, enjoyed his run with Owen Hart too, thought having Debra at his side gave him an extra demension, however I have never bought him as a main eventer, watched him a lot after the WWF and he for me didn't improve, he merely got pushes that I thought where for other reasons rather than wrestling!

I think he is a good guy, seems down to earth and has got a lot of guys jobs in TNA but I feel he is a so called big name, if he didn't have such influence within the iMPACT! zone there is absolutely no way he would be in his current position, he is the Triple H of TNA
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Yes he is the HHH of TNA, but that's not a particularly bad thing in my eyes, as both men have proven themselves to be great performers and have earned their respective positions on the card regardless of backstage reasons. I'm not saying I want Jarrett to win the belt any time soon, but if given time to build, then I would be more than happy to see him with the strap.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Jarrett as TNA champion??????? thats even more reason to switch off in my opinion

The difference between Triple H and Double J is for me charisma, just because Jarrett can talk does not make him charismatic, I find his promos very boring

I think Jarrett as champ = beginning of the end for TNA

Maybe not out of business end but as a serious contender

The MEM programme has run its course already, they are dropping like flies, Nash with a bad injury, Bobcore Holly had the very same injury and he was out for months, Steiner is at the point where every match could be his last, Stings knees are completely wasted and Kurt Angle is picking up niggling injuries more frequently, there ill health has seriously damaged the whole storyline, that and the originals not having the correct roles, now Jarrett and Foley are in on the act

Seriously, its a Dads army collection over there, its like the play ground for a 1996 main event promotion, very very poor

I started watching TNA because I heard of all these new young guys who are coming through, going to be big, getting there opportunities, who is it? AJ? What after being Christian then Angles lackey for two years, Lethal? beat Angle cleanly, something Angle had to push for, that was over a year ago and still no serious main event run, the X-Division has been a shambles, and while it will put on an outstanding match every now and again its highly unlikely it will ever reach the level it mustered

Samoa Joe, pushed to the heavens then when he got there had no one to work with, booked attrociously until they finally put the belt on Sting, someone who works less than Shawn Michaels!

By now Robert Roode should be main eventing, along with both Homicide and Hernandez, with AJ Joe and Angle

I was highly negative on this MEM angle because I didn't trust the bookers and I didn't trust the guys involved to stay around long enough to fully make it succeed, its going that way, we will have a rushed finish to it now, I can't wait. hopefully the rest of the codgers stay out of the planning, I think Double J should get the phone book out and see if there is anymore 45+ old wrestlers out there who have been perineal mid-carders want a job in the main event of a TNA
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Also the fact that Jarrett pushes for Angle to mention his wife in promos is also very very cheap, it gets him cheap pops for his own gain, what must his family think when they hear stuff like that, work or no work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genesis results and thoughts as they happen   Genesis results and thoughts as they happen Empty

Back to top Go down

Genesis results and thoughts as they happen
Page 1 of 1