Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA Slammiversary '08 review

Go down 
+3
boschbourne06
Kennedy
Junior
7 posters
AuthorMessage

TNA Slammiversary '08 review Empty
PostSubject: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 9:42 am

1. Petey Williams (w/Scott Steiner, Rhaka Khan) VS kaz for the X Division Title
I thought this match was great as it was proper X-Division wrestling with counters left right and center along with high risk moves, but this match will be remembered for one thing........ ABYSS COMING IN AFTERWARDS.
Worthy Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

2. ODB and Roxxi and Gail Kim defeated Angelina Love and Velvet Sky and Mickie Knuckles
A good wrestling match in the ring, but storyline wise it was a rubbish ending as ODB got revenge on the Beutiful slappers (sorry I ment people) by pinning a debuting Mickie Knuckles (or Moose as she likes to be called), so they have not really got revenge on them then.
Worthy Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

3. LAX (w/Hector Guerrero, Salinas) VS Team 3D for the TNA Tag Titles
A good match as it always is when these 2 meet and the suprise finish at the end with Team 3D getting ready to do the 3D only for Homincide to sneak in and do the roll up is hilarious.
Worthy Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

4. Awesome Kong (w/Raisha) VS 2 stoogies in the crowd

I'm going to review this in 2 parts and get straight to the point:
Fight one - A glorified squash match that should have no place at a PPV
Worthy Rating for fight one: Like a Star @ heaven
Fight two - Was alot better and all signs pointed to a major upset as this lady was putting up a good fight, but at the end of the day it was still a squash match at a PPV which should not have happened, and not even the fake elvis getting awseome bombed could have made this any better.
Worthy Rating for fight two: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

The Wedding:
It was obvious what was going to happen although the way it was executed was clever as Sonjay had a chance to stop it officially at the "if anyone has reason why they should not be joined in matromony" but kept quiet through that and instead waited until Sol Cal Val was about to say her vowes to interupt, although the best part of this was the WWE Ledgends (although I'm sure Frankie had red feathers and Damien was a Green Snake, lol!!) but to be honest it was a waste of time that could have been better used on another match.
Worthy Rating: Like a Star @ heaven

6. A.J. Styles vs Kurt Angle (w/Tomko)
This was the match of the night in my oppinion and it was good to see the old AJ back and props to Kurt for competing with his injured neck too, unfortunately as good as the match was the ending and the stuff that happened after the match kind of spoilt it a bit.
Worthy Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

King of the mountain:
Now anyone who has been reading my posts on here knows, I was pretty sure Samoa Joe was going to lose it, but during the match all signs pointed to a Joe (ie, being the last elligible and getting beat through the match alot) but apart from that it was a good match and in my oppinion the MVP of the match (thats Most Valuble Player not Montell Vontavious Porter BTW) was Christian Cage who made that match what it was.
Worthy Rating: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

PPV ON A WHOLE:
Slammiversary is always the weaker of the TNA PPV's and this one was no exception as they always seem to have less matches at this PPV, plus there was an uneccersarry filler (Asweome Kongs Crowd challenge) and a long toilet break known as the Sol Cal Val wedding, which is disappointing as the TNA PPV's this year have been good but this was a joke and it's time TNA scrapt the Slammiversary PPV and the KOTM match.
WORTHY RATING OF PPV: Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 pm

i atcaully liked slammaviersray

1. Petey Williams (w/Scott Steiner, Rhaka Khan) VS kaz for the X Division Title
3 stars

ODB and Roxxi and Gail Kim defeated Angelina Love and Velvet Sky and Mickie Knuckles
2 stars

lax v 3d
2 stard

sawesome kond
1star

the weedding
4 stars

aj v angle

4 stars

P.S. Im reeally pissed again hey its friday who cares taking th piss out o at least iu havent been sick this time

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Kennedy
Wrestling Mates in living room
Kennedy

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Petey Williams vs KAZ should be five stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 4:40 pm

Are you kidding me Jnr, 4 stars for the wedding?

Although I agree, it wasn't as bad as I made it sound when I was reading that back and I have seen worse PPV's than that by WWE, but I really didn't think it was good as the other TNA PPV's
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 4:42 pm

I LOVED the weeding it was awesome cocbware animal steele jake the snake , i love seeing old legends all be it predictable but i guess im a sucker for legend like cocobware taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 4:47 pm

the wedding should be higher
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Abyss
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler

Number of posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm

I couldn't agree more worthy.
I think the wedding was such a waste of time, and they should have added another match to the card.
I enjoyed the Angle/AJ match also 3D and LAX.
I wish they would bring Abyss maskless too...
The KOTM match was kind of dull and could be better but it wasn't bad at all.
Back to top Go down
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 9:58 pm

wedding = shite
kotm= ok
3d v lax = pretty good
knockout = boring
aj v angle = good match but dissapointing
Back to top Go down
jmd107

Number of posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 2:37 pm

angle v styles = best match
Back to top Go down
WWF-FAN
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 9:02 pm

I dident watch the whole PPV because I dident know half of the wrestler's that where in that PPV, but I can say that I loved the opening match, It was great!!

Extra : New announcers for TNA they suck each time something that dosen't make sense they almost chocke out and cant talk!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA Slammiversary '08 review   TNA Slammiversary '08 review Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA Slammiversary '08 review
Page 1 of 1