Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Roy Hodgson - England manager?

Go down 
+7
hodge13
Mackem
Perfect Jack
Rocky2
Discopants
dwindow
Grecian
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Roy Hodgson - England manager? Empty
PostSubject: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 pm

So with the FA interviewing Hodgson as I type and ignoring the media / players / everyone shouting for Harry Redknapp...

Anyone happy with Woy taking over?

I'd actually prefer him to Redknapp - much less baggage, he's experienced at international management, and has been around the Premiership for some years now. Just hope people get behind him and the media don't turn on him straight away for not being Harry.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 pm

I have to admit I think I would've preferred Harry but Hodgson isn't a bad bet. Like you say he has experience in International management and being a Premier League manager he knows the players. I think it's one of those appointments that you need to give time and patience to and just see how it goes before judging him or the FA
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:15 pm

I like him but bad call, he's better with smaller teams. Did class for Fulham and now West Brom but at Liverpool where he had to deal with big cheeses and crazy expectations it didn't really suit him.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:13 pm

I wouldn't have minded either of them.

From a neutral's perspective, this should be good news. Harry can now focus on improving Spurs, which from looking at the way the two Manchester clubs are heads and shoulders above everyone this season, is almost a necessity to stop the chances of the "Top 4", becoming a "Big Two".

An important part of that is keeping the likes of Bale, and I think Spurs have a better chance of doing that with Harry there (and with Champions League football, of course).
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 pm

I think it's a good choice. Like most have said, he does have international experience which is a plus over Harry Redknapp.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 pm

I know he's favourite but he's only getting interviewed at the minute. West Brom are going nowhere in theleague now hence why they have let him talk to FA. The FA migh wait until SPurs season is over then interview Harry. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 pm

He's being interviewed as a back up to Redknapp would be stupid of the FA not to look elsewhere in case Harry doesn't want it when the season ends.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:23 pm

looks like hes got the job he had a copy of the FA's 'draft itinerary' when he left.

Roy Hodgson - England manager? Article-2137372-12D92BE4000005DC-361_306x423 Roy Hodgson - England manager? Article-2137372-12D932FB000005DC-197_306x423
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Frankie Boyle ‏ @frankieboyle

Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

I think Roy Hodgson is a brilliant appointment. Because I'm Scottish.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm

feяgie22 wrote:

taking th piss out o

Just hope that West Brom don't think to look to McInnes as their next manager
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:50 pm

hodge13 wrote:
feяgie22 wrote:

taking th piss out o

Just hope that West Brom don't think to look to McInnes as their next manager

Chris Hughton has already been linked with the job, which I can see him taking if Birmingham don't go up and/or their finances take (another) turn for the worse.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:03 pm

Surprised by this if Im honest. Considering how good hes done at the "smaller" clubs and how bad he did at Liverpool, I cant see him doing well and I doubt he'll be able to contain some of the obvious egos that will be in the England dressing room but at the end of the day, England are shite and will never win anything anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:56 am

Roy Hodgson was not everyones choice for the England Job. So now he is rubbish and wont win fuck all. How do we know?

Just because we didn't want him in the job, fans and the media now think he's rubbish and want him to fail so we can be proved right. The last time England got a manager the nation wanted was in 1998. Kevin Keegan. Look at all the trophies he won...We should give Roy a chance. Just because he wasn't our choice doesn't mean he's the wrong choice. Agreed he hasn't done well with big clubs but Capello did. Again, look at the trophies he won with England...
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:17 am

Mackem wrote:
Roy Hodgson was not everyones choice for the England Job. So now he is rubbish and wont win fuck all. How do we know?

Just because we didn't want him in the job, fans and the media now think he's rubbish and want him to fail so we can be proved right. The last time England got a manager the nation wanted was in 1998. Kevin Keegan. Look at all the trophies he won...We should give Roy a chance. Just because he wasn't our choice doesn't mean he's the wrong choice. Agreed he hasn't done well with big clubs but Capello did. Again, look at the trophies he won with England...

Im not saying that hes rubbish and wont win fuck all, Im saying England are rubbish and wont win fuck all. At the end of the day, the other European teams, e.g. Spain, Germany, France, have better players, play better as team, pass and move it better than us and actually seem to care about the national team instead of just about their clubs.

Hodgson did poorly at Liverpool but Im not saying hes a poor manager, he got a rather average Fulham side to the UEFA cup Final and kept another average West Brom side up last season and they now have a decent team and should be ok for the next couple of seasons.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:17 pm

he got switzerland to 3rd in the world rankings...

England won't win but that isn't the goal right now, it's to prepare a new team for the future and to continue the good work pearce has done with the under 21's and move forward. Instead of sitting stale for 10 more years
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Jimmy

I wasn't having a go at you, I was on about the media and public in general. Apologies to you mate. Today's front page of The Sun is what I'm talking about.

Roy Hodgson - England manager? The-Sun-front-page-Hodgson_2758972

I think this is absolutly shocking. Who ever authorised this should hang their head in shame. Hodgson is not who we wanted so the press print things like this. What about all the people with a Speech impediment. What would they think of this. Just because he wasn't the guy we wanted.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Has he got Jonathan Ross syndrome?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm

He has but Jonathan Ross takes the piss out of himself about it which is different.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Apparently Gary Neville and Andy Murray have come out against that back page
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:02 pm

I think Hodgson will do a pretty good job. Granted I don't think he will win the Euro's or the World Cup if he's there for it, but I think he'll get a better performance out of England and bring in the younger players to give them experience for future tournaments.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Hodgson - England manager?   Roy Hodgson - England manager? Empty

Back to top Go down

Roy Hodgson - England manager?
Page 1 of 1