Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Manager Merri-go-round

Go down 
+7
bazz23-v2 ®™
InvincibleIleak
Grecian
Mackem
Perfect Jack
boschbourne06
Sexton Hardcastle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

The Manager Merri-go-round Empty
PostSubject: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:55 pm

New Fulham manager

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13678517.stm

---

Any manager change ups and rumours can be discussed in this one thread king

Last edited by Sexton Hardcastle on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 3:18 pm

he'll do well there
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Good appointment by Fulham.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:41 pm

he's the kind of man who can build on the foundations that roy made.

mark hughes was never going to be a long term answer I dont think just someone to make sure they had an okay season
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Wasnt he intrested in the job before MArk Hughes last year but Ajax wouldn't let him talk to them?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:57 pm

yeah, he was definatly wanting to come to fulham

going to change this into a managers movement thread I think, as I just thought there will be a fair amount over the summer, especially with villa searching and martinez rejecting them lol. Have a bit more respect for him now as he's listened to their offer and decided that he will stick with his own team, most managers just seem to move on for higher pay and not think about the clubs possible futures.

Villa looking like its the worst run club in the league now though
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 pm

I have a bit of a soft-spot for Villa, they're my Dad's team.

As for looking like the worst-run club in the league, I don't agree with that at all. They've reported said no to Rafa who was demanding a 30 million transfer fund, the fans kicked up at McLaren so Lerner cancelled that proposed meeting, Martinez would have been the wrong guy for the club. Keeping Wigan in the league is all he's done, and even then got lucky this year in that the last game was a dead one against Stoke when others had to go to Man Utd, Spurs...

Personally, I'd rather they went for David Moyes needing a change and some transfer money. I'd be happy with that.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm

When a manager like Martin Oneill walks out because he and the chairman could not agree how to take the club forward, you know something wasn't right. Then an unpopular interim manager, rejections off benitez a man who has a very large desire to manage in england again and rejected by roberto martinez, who I have veiwed as a championship manager at best. Just seems to an outsider like Lerner is not getting with the reality of 2011 football clubs

but then again I am an outsider and you will know more about it with connections so I have to maybe retract my statement somewhat, but I guess we will see once they appoint a new manager and what happens in the transfer market regarding a sales to purchases balance

the bent transfer is also a little strange, is he a player the manager wanted or the chairman wanted? not saying its a bad call as bent gaurentees goals, but if it is the chairman who wants players then finding a manager will be tough
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:03 pm

O'Neill walked out because him and Lerner had a disagreement over transfer funds - O'Neill wanted full control, and all the proceeds of the Milner sale, whereas Lerner refused, pointing at the average players O'Neill signed on big contracts, and then never played (Luke Young, Reo-Coker, Nicky Shorey, Sidwell - they accounted for over 200 grand a week, and in his last season could barely get on the bench).

Houllier was winning people round, the players were starting to play for him - under O'Neill,they conceded so many late goals. Then Houllier ramps up the training, the players kicked up at not havoing so many days off... but it sorted Villa out.

In my opinion, Lerner is doing what needs to be done. he's lashed out big money, and now wants to stabilise the club financially. He's not rushing into an emergency appointment, we have the time to make a sensible appointment with a couple of weeks before the transfer window opens, and we have a lot of very, very good young players on their way through.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Still wondering about bent though, 19 million was it? Lerners man or houlliers man?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Houllier, by all accounts.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:22 pm

I think they still want Mark Hughes, but they're giving it a bit of time before making the appointment so they can't get accused of tapping him up. After the way he left Fulham it looked a bit suspicous, and he is serving a month's notice as well, so I think Villa are just putting other names out there to make it look that they had nothing to do with Hughes leaving Villa. (They probably did though.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:36 pm

yes, trying to hire martinez and martinez saying no is all a conspiracy study
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 pm

I think Mark Hughes will go to Chelsea.

Regarding the Aston Villa Job, I'm struggling to see who will go there. Would Steve McClaren been that bad? He has a bad name in this country, hence why he went away for 3 years. Personally, i'd give the man a chance. I wouldnt mind giving him a go at Sunderland.

I had a feeling MArtinez would stay at Wigan. I didn't know about Benitez's demands.

I'm suprised Gary McAllister's name hasnt been mentioned, unless he has been (been away for a week and i'm only going on what i've saw on SSN).
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:58 am

McAllister's not been mentioned at all. then agin, he did nothing in charge of Leeds, and doesn't have the experience to take on the Villa job.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:54 pm

would it be wrong to go for alex mcleish What a Face
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
yes, trying to hire martinez and martinez saying no is all a conspiracy study

I don't think they actually interviewed him though, they just put his name out there and then Martinez said he didn't want to get interviewed for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:22 pm

They approached Wigan weeks ago about Martinez according to Dave Whelan, he told Martinez he could speak to them if he wanted too and he decided against it, that's why they never actually interviewed him.

Mackem wrote:

Regarding the Aston Villa Job, I'm struggling to see who will go there. Would Steve McClaren been that bad? He has a bad name in this country, hence why he went away for 3 years. Personally, i'd give the man a chance. .

Gotta agree with this, McClaren has done well at club level (mostly).
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Apparently McClaren is in talks with Forrest to replace the now gone, Davies.

Word is Alex Mcleish has gone from Birmingham also.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:34 pm

I think McClaren would do well at Villa, but to be honest I dont really care as long as they dont get Moyes which I cant see happening anyway.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Does anyone know how long Ferguson plans on staying on for?
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:20 am

McClaren confirmed as new Forest boss

Quote :
Nottingham Forest have appointed Steve McClaren as their new manager on a three-year contract, BBC Sport understands.

The former England boss replaces Billy Davies, who was sacked by the Championship club on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:58 am

Apparently, Billy Davies is being linked with Birmingham.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:46 pm

Grecian wrote:
Apparently, Billy Davies is being linked with Birmingham.

Steve Cotterall's name has been mentioned also.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm

So has Chris Hughton's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Manager Merri-go-round   The Manager Merri-go-round Empty

Back to top Go down

The Manager Merri-go-round
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next