Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Nintendo 3DS

Go down 
+2
Horizon
Worthy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Thats a good serious review for once by Dr Ashen although I prefer his pop-station and pound land tat joke reviews.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 pm

he does a lot of serious reviews.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:34 pm

Ne does but rarely.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:19 pm

He does a lot more now a days than he used to.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:32 am

heres a good review from IGN

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Intresting reviews and i've seen others too and they are all mixed in oppinion, as some people can't see the 3D at all, some can only play it for 30 minutes, some like me can longer and see the 3D effect perfectly (I can still see the 3D when tilting it up and down, but ofcourse not side to side).

Also none of the reviews and ads show you the 3D effect, so my advice is simply go in a game shop and try it out for yourself as the 3DS seems to split oppinion.
BTW anyone else with a 3DS, please send me your friend code and i'll send you mine (which is on the previous page).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Quote :
Last week, Nintendo were telling everyone that pre-order figures for the 3DS were huge. They said that on pre-orders alone, they would sell 140,000 units in the UK and were estimating opening weekend sales of 150,000 to 200,000. This week, they’ve announced opening weekend sales of 113,000.

That figure may be below what they originally predicted and even below what they claimed were pre-ordered but it’s still the most successful Nintendo launch in the UK ever. According to the experts over at MCV, the discrepancy can be accounted for by retailers over-representing their pre-order demand in order to secure what they considered adequate stock for the perceived demand.

The massive demand predicted may not have completely ripened but these figures are still very impressive and retailers are said to be very happy with the business generated by Nintendo’s newest handheld (only beaten by the PSP’s launch sales of 185,000 units and the PS3′s launch sales of 265,000).
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Figures as I got mine last Saturday although I thought it would have been sold out by then, so I had a feeling someone was bullshitting... I still do as I can't see the 3DS on day 1 doing better than the Wii day 1.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Just got a message from Capcom on the 3DS with this figurine password:

DmdkeRvbxc (it's case sensative)

It's a level 7 gold Blank, but I already have the password from finding it on the net (on the net it's listed as March Capcom spot pass, so if it is then they are late with that).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Quote :
Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 Sundrop
It seems like barely a week goes by without a UK tabloid attempt to create mass hysteria about our hobby. This time, it’s The Sun and the Nintendo 3DS.

In a brief article which could be used to teach prospective tabloid scribes how to make a sensationalist story out of barely any substance, The Sun has highlighted some problems for the Nintendo 3DS. Yes, it’s the headaches and dizziness thing again.

The tabloid alleges that there are record returns of the new handheld and that “thousands” have “been left with dizziness and headaches after just 24 hours.” They’ve even got a quote from one of the “thousands” who bought the console, seemingly without any research or testing in one of the many stores who have had demonstration models available. He says it made him ill after playing for three minutes.

The British tabloid certainly isn't scared of a bold headline.
That’s all well and good. We’ve also heard reports of people who are less able to cope with the 3D effect (which can be switched off entirely). We’re not sure we’d allege “thousands” without more tangible facts but the ethics put into practice at The Sun are their own business.

What is of more concern is that The Sun also seems to be alleging that GAME and HMV are offering partial refunds on returns. This is, of course, not the case. We assume that GAME and HMV are merely offering to buy back the consoles in order to sell them as pre-owned. This is because there are no grounds to return a product simply because you think it gave you a headache.

While it’s certainly possible that people might experience problems playing with Nintendo’s newest handheld, the product has been passed for sale within the EU. Presumably it has been tested and no ill side-effects have been discovered. The much publicised age rating applied to the device has even been touted as a measure to counteract the 3D effect on younger children (we assumed it was because the on-device game, Face Raiders, features very moderate violence, as the PEGI symbol suggests).

So it would seem that The Sun’s story is actually something more like this: New handheld console launches, with a month of easily accessible demos in store, a whirlwind of publicity (some in this same publication) about the 3D effect and how it might be a problem for some. Man ignores all of that and buys one for his “young son” anyway (under 7? There’s a story in that…). Man plays console for three minutes with his son. Man feels a bit ill. Man assumes it was the three minutes of looking at the screen and demands his money back on a used product. Store says no, but we’ll buy it from you second hand.

Of course, telling the facts of a story doesn’t give scope to insinuate that the problem is much bigger than the evidence suggests, much more dangerous or something your readers should be panicking about. And people who aren’t scared of anything might stop buying tabloids.

MCV has been speaking with GAME, HMV and Nintendo about this. Here’s the quote from a Nintendo UK spokesperson:

The number of calls and emails with queries on Nintendo 3DS is in fact well below the rate experienced during past hardware launches and having spoken with our retail partners there are only a handful of people who have actually gone into stores to request a refund.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks for posting that as it's been intresting how the Sun has launched a slur campaign to the point that anyone would think Nintento are fans of Labour and AV, lol!!

It's intresting as they also said this a few weeks ago and some gaming sites were claiming that the Sun has been getting it's info from a site called maxforum or maxconsole (something with max at the start) which is apparently pro Sony and full of trolls. Well I laughed at the time along with many others, but imagine my suprise when the story in the Sun yesterday had interviewed some guy from the maxconsole/maxforum... Intresting.

Also it turns out that it was an exchange not a refund hence why he got £30 less than he paid for it because everything was opened including the games, so I agree more with your quote saying a dad who bought the game for his kid who is under 7.

That being said I still think Nintendo dropped a bollock calling it 3DS and making the 3D it's main selling point when infact alot of other stuff is better and I also noticed that the graphics are better when it's switched off, so they should have called it DS3 or SuperDS as people think it's a normal DSi with 3D and they are totally wrong.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Sorry for the double post, but just seen todays 3ds scare mongering by the Sun.

They conducted an experiment today and they found that the person sitting down playing with 3d on was okay and the person playing it with 3d on whilst walking (why?) along with the person playing it with 3d on in a passager seat of a moving car, both got sick... so what did we learn here?

WE LEARN'T THAT PEOPLE HAVE NOT BEEN READING THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!

Seriously on page 12 on the first section, the 5th bullet point says this:

Quote :
please refrain from using the 3d feature whilst travelling as a passenger in cars or on public transport. Constant shaking can lead to 3d images becoming unclear, causing nausea and eye strain

Granted they didn't have a bullet point saying “don't be a dick and play an expensive handheld whilst walking as you won't be watching where your going and you could walk into a lamp post or into a car” but then again for a company that does alot of stuff for kids, they'd assume even a 7 year old would know that walking whilst playing a game is stupid.

Now we know the Sun is anti-gaming, so we can forgive there lack of knowledge, but a maxconsole being a gaming site should know these things.

Oh and don't get me started with the stiff neck from leaning over part as that applies to all handhelds.

So to everyone thinking of buying one, try it before buying it and to those that have it, do not spend ages playing in one go with 3d on full as your asking for trouble.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 am

Funny piss take of the Suns experiment yesterday:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/nintendo+3ds/out_there.asp?c=28934

Blood pressure rising reading the Sun and Page 3 isn't helping lol!
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 3:52 pm

On a sunny, busy, dinner time, in Manchester Arndale during the current school holidays... guess how many Streetpasses I got on my 3DS?

...Just one and that was from a HMV demo pod (I gone to the menu and checked it's Mii Plaza to see it had over 156 Streetpass hits, lol).

lol!

BTW the demo pod had Street Fighter in and so aswell as the Mii Plaza streetpass, I got a streetpass for Street Fighter too (it was a team figure battle which all 5 members of my team won giving me 5000 coins for the figure wheel).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 pm

Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 3DS-Comp-Chart

Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 3DS-Comp-Table
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Di you have the figures for 3DS games as SS4 is the 3DS best sellar so I hear.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 4:11 pm

It's been confirmed by Nintendo that when the late May update with eShop arrives that they'll be giving everyone Excite Bike 3D as a freebie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo 3DS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2