Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Nintendo 3DS

Go down 
+2
Horizon
Worthy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:09 pm

What do you guys make of it?

At first I just thought “it's just a 3D DS”, but then the more info I hear the more i'm wanting one as I like the whole Street Pass/challenge any time stuff (ie your 3DS interacts with other 3DS near by without you knowing), the fact it will be getting 3D TV from the likes of Sky and Eurosports, The 3D camera, plus a camera inside, create a mii, motion sensor, augumented reality stuff, etc... It is now looking like a handheld Wii with 3D.

So yeah I think it looks good and and it has better graphics than the DS too... however having not seen the 3D effect for myself, I can't comment.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Just another nintendo gimmick. what are the benefits of a game being in 3d on such a small screen? fair enough on ps3 or xbox where you would be able to see it on a proper tv but on a ds, no point. the gimmick would wear off after an hour of playing it.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:57 pm

Horizon wrote:
Just another nintendo gimmick. what are the benefits of a game being in 3d on such a small screen? fair enough on ps3 or xbox where you would be able to see it on a proper tv but on a ds, no point. the gimmick would wear off after an hour of playing it.

I thought the same thing until I heard more about it, so look beyond the 3D stuff as it's other features are alot better (ie, street pass).

As 3D on a handheld, i've yet to see it for myself yet, but people are saying it's up there with the 3D cinema stuff, so if thats right (i'm still sceptical myself as it is done without 3D glasses) then having that on a long train journey should be good.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:17 pm

you have to hold it at a sertain angle for you to get the 3d effect otherwise its just all blury
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:59 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
you have to hold it at a sertain angle for you to get the 3d effect otherwise its just all blury

Really? I heard that it uses the accelarometer and gyroscope for it's 3D aswell as game play so you can see in angles? (ie if you tilt the 3ds to the left you get to see the side that originally you couldn't see).

Still looking round the net it seems people are more excited about the augumented reality stuff and spot-pass/cross-pass stuff than the 3D.

Aparently it's more powerful than the Wii and apparently the graphics on Street Fighter 4 3DS are up there with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions (i'll believe it when I see it).
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 pm

I stand corrected Bosch as looking around on the net it seems that you do need be in one spot to view the 3D (although some games lik SF4 allow you to move a little and still view the 3D), so looks like it's either 3D on and ignore the motion sensors by using the D-Pad or switch 3D off and use the motion sensors.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:30 pm

yeah i new that because i saw Something for the weekend when they had it on there and Tim lovejoy had to find the angle for it and it took him a while and he ended up holding it to his side
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Tesco look like they are going to be selling this for £175 instore, 12 quid lower than amazon
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:19 am

podegarudo wrote:
Tesco look like they are going to be selling this for £175 instore, 12 quid lower than amazon

Are you sure as most of these places that was going to sell at that price have recently said it was a mistake and they atcually ment £197.99?

BTW Bosch did Tim Lovejoy fiddle with the 3D slider aswell because apparently that helps.

Personally I can see people switching the 3D off as it's more powerful, more faster and better graphics with it off.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 am

podegarudo wrote:

Just checked Tesco direct and it's £197.99, so it must have been them that was in the paper a while back after saying the price they given was a typo.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:57 pm

It looks shite, saw it on BBC Breakfast this morning with the iPad 2.
Susanna Reid is still the best MILF out there Smile
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:27 pm

I don't know Fergie I reckon it looks okay, but the starting line up of games look shit except for SF4 as it looks exactly like the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions which I wouldn't mind getting just for that and Mario Kart 3DS which is coming soon and what i've seen of it so far, looks like the Wii version.

Sadly I can see portable gaming consoles dying at the hands of mobile/ipad games even though the games are inferior because it's more accessible and both 3DS and the PSP NGP will have flaws (not many people will by 3DS because they have problems with 3D and the PSP NGP when it's release is bound to have a short battery life as it's a hand held HD PS3, plus the old DS is currently beating PSP for some reason and I can see the same thing happening here).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 pm

PES 2011 is out on it i would get that with mine if i was getting one but when i saw it on something for the weekend i thought im definetly not getting one
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:00 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
It looks shite, saw it on BBC Breakfast this morning with the iPad 2.
Susanna Reid is still the best MILF out there Smile

whats new on the iPad 2 ?
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:43 pm

Fuck knows, it's got a camera.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12858061
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:46 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
PES 2011 is out on it i would get that with mine if i was getting one but when i saw it on something for the weekend i thought im definetly not getting one

Well i'm not a fan of footy games (although I used to like Mario charged soccer), but most of the reviews for PES on 3DS seem poor and most criticise the lack of online mode and dodgey camera angles.

Like I said out of all the launch games for it, Super Street Fighter 4 seems to be the only one making use of the 3DS features (online modes, street pass stuff, pedometer use, etc...).

Personally i'm going to wait a while before getting one as people/nintendo/reviewers/media, etc... seem to be going on about the 3D too much and keeping quiet about the other features (or they give them a little mention) and also to see if developers make use of the AR feature in there games as Yugioh and Pokemon fans have great ideas for this and surely developers can come up with something.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:43 pm

I've now got a 3DS after deciding to get one at last minute after having ago of one in gamestation (I have SF4 with it too) and it's aquatic blue.

Wow is all I can say as the 3D is perfect (more about depth than stuff jumping out) and it's very clear for me and I can play it in the position I would playing a DS or a PSP (basically it works okay when you keep still regardless of what position your in).

Suprisingly i'm having loads of fun with the face raiders game (built in game) which takes a 3D Pic of yours/friends face and then you see loads of weird floating faces of the chosen person floating around your atcual room (or where ever you are playing it) and you tilt the 3DS and turn round to shoot them whilst they do weird stuff like throw bombs at you or smash your wall so it comes flying at you... it's hard to explain, but very funny.

The AV stuff is okay too, but it only works from a short distance to the card, which is a bit disapointing although seeing a dragon pop up from your carpet is pretty cool.

It has pedometer that counts how many steps you take (with 3DS shut and on stand by) and then you get coins when you reach a certain amount of steps which you can spend on unlocking stuff including collector trophies that fight on Street Fighter.

Super street fighter IV is brilliant and has 35 characters and i've already tried it online too and won a few times too.

Internet and shop is coming soon in the next update according to the news bulletin I got sent on it by them.

So yes it's not bad and is basically a hand-held Wii (graphics look better than Wii though) although I don't think we have seen the best it has to offer yet.

4 out of 5
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Pedometer taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 7:57 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
Pedometer taking th piss out o

LOL!!

Thats one of the funniest spelling mistakes i've done.

you know what I mean, LOL!!
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Worthy wrote:
podegarudo wrote:

Just checked Tesco direct and it's £197.99, so it must have been them that was in the paper a while back after saying the price they given was a typo.

a bit late to point this out now as youve already bought one, but the £175 price was correct, as i said instore only and not online

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a310774/tesco-lowers-nintendo-3ds-price-to-gbp175.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:52 am

Thanks but it didn't matter anyway as I got it for that price due to having reward money on my Elite card at Gamestation.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Had a really shitey week at work so had an urge to spend a shit load of cash on something and ended up getting one of these. I'm quite impressed with it so far, Pro Evo looks fucking stunning in player cam (not the best for camera for playing, but I can always just control one player for the whole match) and Street Fighter is awesome, although I'm still getting to grips with that one.

Now I'm just waiting for the Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake to be released, can't fucking wait for that one, and hopefully there'll be a few games making good use of the AR stuff as that is a bigger selling point for me than the 3D stuff.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:43 am

Have you done a system update to get a free 3D video sample as the quality is amazing, so now i'm more excited about Sky 3D and Eurosports 3D coming soon .

To update just go to settings, then other, then system update on the 4th page.

I can't wait for Mario Kart to come out.

If your having trouble on Street Fighter you can pick 4 moves for the touch pad (usually 2 moves, 1 ultra combo and 1 super combo), so I have the 2 combo's and 2 moves I don't know how to do.

BTW my 3DS friend code is 4725-7940-4098 so add me and i'll add yours when you post yours up (It is the same friend code for all the games) .
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:50 pm

have you got any error codes or crashes because alot of people are complaining that theres just keeps doing it
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 pm

None what so ever and the only problem I have experienced on the 3DS so far is that some internet fights on SF are laggy, but that only happens now and again, so it could be the opponents problem with there internet.

The 3Ds constantly updates though, so them experiencing problems should try an update as the updates are to fix problems as they arrive, (either that or stop trying R4's and other dodgey pirated material on it, lol).

BTW I got a message sent to my 3DS from Capcom with a password to unlock a gold E-Honda trophy which was unexpected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo 3DS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next