Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )

Go down 
+6
thegunman84
JacMan
boschbourne06
Worthy
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
Junior
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) Empty
PostSubject: Two Brits sign long term tna contracts   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:24 pm

TNA President Dixie Carter has noted on her Twitter account, at Twitter.com/TNADixie, that the company recently signed Douglas Williams and Brutus Magnus to new, long term contracts
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Country : Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) Untitl11

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Has Brutus Magnus even been on TV since his 'fued' with Rob Terry?

Good news about Williams though hes class and brings quality matches to the show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Country : Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) England-1

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:55 am

I'm glad they are bringing Brutus back as he is the king of promo's in my oppinion (just check his work as Oblivion on Gladiators) and with a bit of work on his wrestling he could be okay.

That being said I hope he goes back to his modern day Gladiator gimmick he had when he started in TNA.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:40 am

didnt magnus get fired a few months back ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Country : Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) Scotland-2

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Quote :
TNA star Desmond Wolfe has praised his fellow British stars - and claims grapplers from the UK are taking over the company.

Our boys received a boost this week when Dixie Carter revealed that Brutus Magnus and Doug Williams had both inked long-term contracts with TNA.

Meanwhile Welsh grappler Rob Terry is their Global Champion and the face of the new Xplosion TV show on the Extreme Sports channel.

In an exclusive interview, Wolfe told SunSport: "When I started out in wrestling, Doug was one of my peers that I aspired towards.

"I watched a lot of his technical wrestling when he was working for Brian Dixon and he helped me a lot. I tagged with him in Japan and stuff like that. It was great to see him there in TNA.

"Magnus I hadn't actually met before I went to TNA, but I think he is a tremendous talent. He has great ability to make people dislike him! I think he's brilliant!

"And then Rob. He's the heart and soul. He genuinely wants to be the best wrestler he possibly can and is very respectful ad works his a*** off.

"You can only get good things from people like that."

Formerly known as Nigel McGuiness in Ring Of Honor, Desmond signed with TNA in October 2009 after a proposed deal with WWE fell through.

His debut came via a sneak attack on arguably TNA's biggest star, Kurt Angle, and the pair contested some of the best matches of last year.

Since his initial run with Angle, Wolfe's TNA career has cooled slightly, but he still regularly features on TV and PPV, and has been associated with Ric Flair at times.

He received a boost by being voted No1 by fans on two separate occasions, when asked to nominate who they believed should be the top contender for RVD's title.

He told us: "It's good. Nice to see. I guess the first time they did it you could vote as many times as you want, so I guess there were probably some uber-Desmond Wolfe fans voting, but then the second time you couldn't, and I still did pretty well with that.

"So I definitely don't want to downplay it. At the end of the day if you've got all those people voting then they have to see something in you. I just wish all those 200,000 people had bought my T-shirt!"

Despite this overwhelming display of viewer support, Wolfe's title shot with RVD was not a heavily built-up affair on PPV.

Instead TNA rushed it out, announcing it at the start of a show and featuring it less than two hours later. To make things worse, RVD won easily within three minutes in a match not even billed as the main event on Impact.

So did Wolfe think it was mismanaged?

He said: "It's tough to say. Until I'm in that situation where I'm booking the show it's almost impossible to say which way is better.

"They asked for the match so they got the match. There are certain limitations to what you can do on TV and what you can't do. I'm not sure what I'd have done in the same situation, because they have storylines that are ongoing.

"I think one of the best things about TNA is that they listen to the fans to a certain extent but they try and figure things in with the right direction of company. That's not always easy to do."

Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:47 pm

taking th piss out o I love how he clearly doesn't want to say that Rob Terry is totally useless so just says that he works his ass of as it's probably about the best thing he could possibly say about him. Clearly toeing the company line as well, but you can't blame him, maybe he's hoping that if he appears to be a company man he might get to win a match someday.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm

I dont really follow TNA like watching the programmes and ppvs but I keep up with seeing how my boy Nigel is doing and the fact that he isnt champion or at the very least contending for it is a complete mismanagement of his skills and he deserves a hell of a lot better.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:40 pm

You know, talking about Wolfe's booking in TNA reminds me of a post I made back in January here

Basically I thought the signs were there that they were beginning to fuck up his booking, and 6 months down the line nothing has changed. They still try to portray him as a legit threat to anyone but without him ever getting a win. Nice to see that the fans have somehow managed to stick by him through it though, which I guess is a testament to just how damn good he is.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 3:48 pm

wonder if magnus will re emerge then? has he been injured or training to get a more solid wrestling style?

he can work a crowd but obviously was not a top wrestler
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:02 pm

I honestly thought Magnus was gonna be let go. I'm pretty sure he isn't injured or anything, it's just with the disintegration of the British Invasion they seemed to want to push both Terry and Williams and just forgot all about Magnus. He had gotten a bit better in the ring during his time teaming with Williams, so I wonder if he'll now be decent enough as a singles wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:07 pm

or if they shove him with wolfe?

the global belt and its owner have fallen off air too.

i kind of still think their is too many wrestlers on roster and too many belts for one show, that is heavily promo based.

plus the balance is weird, as there is only one top belt, but alot of top talent

then 3 mid card belts that get no mention most weeks and 2 womens belts
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:10 pm

The Knockouts division has fallen so far, that I'd consider scrapping the whole division and give the time to some of the guys who have been underutilised. Definitely too many guys on the roster at the moment, and with the addition of the ECW guys it's getting even more overcrowded. Definitely gonna need that second show on Spike.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Magnus has been on xplosion,starting a feud with rob terry.

Desmond wolfe has been wasted in my eye's,but the problem with tna is there have to many talented guy's all in and around the heavyweight belt.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:51 pm

will xplosion soon become a bigger show?

as they dont even mention it on impact!

but they could turn it into another show in time with x division storylines, hardcore matches, knockouts

then spill some over onto the main show

if this "take over" happens it would be good to see two shows possibley.

was thinking more about how mick foley was fucked out of the company though so im sure he has something brewing lol. i.e you cant be a majority shareholder one minute, then cos bischoff says so, your nothing lol.
Back to top Go down
Bobby Roode
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Bobby Roode

Number of posts : 328 Favourite Wrestler : Robert Roode and James Storm. Braden Walker.

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 am

Magnus is back. He seems to be one of the main guys, along with Rob Terry, on Xplosion. I suppose he could use it as a stepping stop to the main roster.

From what I've seen he's spent the last few months training, he looks a hell of a lot better and more fluid in the ring and looks as good as HBK when compared to Rob Terry.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 am

glitch in the matrix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )   Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Desmond Wolfe Interview ( Discusses His 3 minute title match with RVD and British Wrestling )
Page 1 of 1