Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More   CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 pm

In an interview with the Pensacola News Journal, CM Punk reveals why his finishing maneuver ? Fireman's carry dropped into a knee strike to the face ? is called the "Go to Sleep.""I pick the guy up in a fireman?s carry, boost him over my head and throw him down. As he?s falling toward the mat, I knee him directly in the face," Punk said. "It's called "go to sleep" because they wouldn't allow me to call it the "go to hell." It knocks guys out.

Q: What?s different about participating in a big tag-team bout?

A: Normally, I?m in singles matches. As a fan, I always enjoyed watching matches with guys teaming up. It?s always fun, and I think fans enjoy the camaraderie. I?m decent friends with both John Cena and Jeff Hardy, who are probably two of the biggest superstars in the WWE. We?re different personalities, but we get along great.

Q: John Cena has almost become a brand unto himself, with his movies such as ?The Marine.? Is that a direction you hope to follow in your career?

A: If it went that way, I don?t think I?d be upset about it, but I?m not trying to follow in his footsteps. I?m a wrestler, I?m content to entertain the wresting fans in the ring

.Q: There seem to be a lot of versions of what the ?CM? in your name stands for. What does it mean to you?

A: I hear that a lot. I think it?s cool that the fans get to play around and come up with different versions. I was born and raised in Chicago, so I like to say it?s ?Chicago Made.

?Q: You?re known as the ?Straightedge Superstar.? What does straightedge mean to you?

A: Straightedge is a subculture started by kids in hardcore (punk) music. I stay away from drugs, smoking, alcohol ? all the things that could hinder you in life. I was straightedge before I knew what it was. I read about it and found out there were more kids out there like me.I?m proud to be straightedge, I?ve got it tattooed all over my body. It?s a very relevant commitment to myself and something I?m proud of.

Q: What would you say to people who have never been to a WWE event about this Saturday?s match?

A: I?ve been to a lot of things ? hockey, basketball, movies, Cirque de Soleiel ? I like to keep my fingers on the pulse of entertainment. But through and through, I?m still a wresting fan. If I?m not working, and I have time to digest our show, I still think it?s the best way to be entertained, especially live. The emotional response from the crowd is unparalleled, I?ve never seen it anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Country : CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More England-1

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More   CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:27 pm

I Thought some Jap guy made it and called it GTS?

Slow news day... Sleep
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More   CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:11 am

yeah slow news day is the weekend news dies Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Country : CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More Untitl11

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More   CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:58 am

Whats with all the ?'s ?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More   CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 pm

MaFish wrote:
I Thought some Jap guy made it and called it GTS?

Slow news day... Sleep
Yeah that'd be KENTA, the guy that quite a bit of Punk's WWE moveset is taken from. Course nothing really exists outside of the WWE Universe, so I guess Punk must have come up with it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More   CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:09 pm

Ah the ol' WWE philosophy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More   CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk Interview Discusses Why His Finisher Is Called GTS And More
Page 1 of 1