Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 pm

Now it's been clear to everybody that TNA have been intent on giving Desmond Wolfe a huge push upon debuting with the company, and with his abilities it's understandable why. But lately I've begun to feel like TNA are fucking up his booking. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that he should have gone out and beat Kurt Angle, his matches with Angle were booked perfectly with him just coming up short on both occassions and looking very competitive in the process. The problem is that he isn't winning matches period.

Some people may think that wins and losses don't really matter, but if you have a guy that is constantly losing, no matter how competitive he is being made to look, eventually the fans will notice. If this ends up the case then they run the risk of him not being seen as a serious threat any more. I think that since debuting he has just one pinfall victory in a squash match. Is that really the form of a guy being positioned at the top of the card. The fault lies with the booking team though, as they have been throwing him in against the likes of AJ Styles on Impact.

On Monday's Impact I felt they had the chance to change all that in his match against D'Angelo Dinero. Now I know that Dixie Carter really likes Dinero and wants to give him a push. Having him get a win over a main event talent is certainly one way to go about it, but if that is the case then Wolfe is not the man who should have been chosen as his opponent. Wolfe needed that win much, much more than Dinero did, and if he doesn't start picking up wins soon then how long before he's just another midcard guy in TNA?
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 pm

I've been thinking this for a few weeks as well. I think he should've won one of the PPV matches against Angle. The draw between him and Daniels was good as I'd have found it hard to choose who to go over between them two as well. The DQ in the Thanksgiving tournament gave him the look of a psycho kind of guy and that worked ahead of the PPV match with Angle. But since then I've been thinking the booking team don't know what to do with him. 'Tis a shame really because personally I'd be keeping him round the main event area
Back to top Go down
Bobby Roode
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Bobby Roode

Number of posts : 328 Favourite Wrestler : Robert Roode and James Storm. Braden Walker.

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:56 am

Wait until next weeks Impact. That's all I'll say!
Back to top Go down
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:14 am

Bobby Roode wrote:
Wait until next weeks Impact. That's all I'll say!

Ah yes, I see what you mean!!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Guns, I can see where your coming from and I agree to an extent but I don't think its panic stations just yet, The Pope did get the win, for me it was a weird one, both should have had other opponents on Monday and both should have gone over, give Pope Rhyno and Wolfe Abyss however while I don't think it was well done, I just don't think its time to worry about Wolfe's position, I think it was more of a case of showcasing The Pope and showing sections of the WWE fanbase who might have caught it the direction they are looking to take him
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Yeah you're right it's not quite panic time yet, it just seemed rather strange that somebody they have been positioning as a main eventer is really struggling to get a win. But by the same token, this run of form has to come to an end fairly soon, or he really will begin to look like just another midcard guy.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 pm

agreed, I just think Monday was more about highlighting Pope than downsizing Wolfe
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Bobby Roode
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Bobby Roode

Number of posts : 328 Favourite Wrestler : Robert Roode and James Storm. Braden Walker.

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Agreed. Pope will be the next big star to get a push. His promo on Monday night was exceptional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?   Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

Desmond Wolfe - Is It All Going Wrong?
Page 1 of 1