Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Question - Celtic minded?!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

Question - Celtic minded?! Empty
PostSubject: Question - Celtic minded?!   Question - Celtic minded?! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:24 pm

OK, I'm probably being slow but can one of our resident Celtic fans please tell me what being "Celtic minded" is?

Not trying to start a huge debate about it, I'm just interested as I've heard the term all my life and have never bothered until now to find out what it means!

Am I right in thinking it means nothing more than being a fan of the football club?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Question - Celtic minded?!   Question - Celtic minded?! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Course it does, Celtic-Minded was first said by Fergus McCann in 1994 when he manage to win the war with the Kelly's and save Celtic, he said now Celtic are run by Celtic-Minded people, now anyone who knew the history of Celtic would know that they where run by Celtic supporting people, however they weren't run by people with the clubs best interests at heart!

Since then its used as some sort of sectarian bate to try and make it look like it Celtic-Minded is only Scottish or Irish Catholics which is bullshit!

For me Celtic-Minded means a guy who knows what the clubs all about or wants to learn what the club is all about and what it means to the fans and wants to play football in a philiosphy the fans can identify with, now thats not meaning playing like Arsenal or Barca, it just means playing attack minded football while trying to win trophies
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

PostSubject: Re: Question - Celtic minded?!   Question - Celtic minded?! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Thanks for that! It just seemed to have some sort of mysterious connotations when folk spoke about it - like some sort of secret club that only a select few were allowed to be in (so your second paragraph kind of makes sense)!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question - Celtic minded?!   Question - Celtic minded?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Question - Celtic minded?!
Page 1 of 1