Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Celtic get Mogga!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:10 pm

Celtic have signed Tony Mowbray as their new manager

In my own opinion its a good choice, not my first choice but a very good choice
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Just out of interest, who would have been your ifrst choice?

Good manager, Mowbray, got West Brom playing some good football last season. Shame he didn't have a decent striker to score for them.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:45 pm

My first choice would have been a guy called Trond Sollied who is the manager of Heerenveen

Wrote an article about him and all his achievements on 606, he is considered the Norwegian Guss Hiddink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A52146786
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
Celtic have signed Tony Mowbray as their new manager

I'm going to try refrain myself here from going into full on rant mode which I'll save for 606 but I've got to say I am bitterly disappointed with the whole affair and especially Mr.Mowbray himself.

Let's start with the beginning of this sorry affair.Celtic say they are interested in Mowbray and various other candiates yet there is no approach to Us,Although it's all over the media that we're asking for 1 Million.The Celtic chief exec comes out and says he wants Mowbray-Without speaking to us.They finally approach two weeks later and then we are waiting for a supposedly big club to cough up 2 million which they try to haggle with us for.Finally the deal for Mowbray is concluded,He wants his backroom staff and then Celtic won't pay.

And now he's gone.First of I can understand why he went,The club itself oviously means a lot for him and also did a lot for him when his first wife died.But Mowbray has always said he is a man of principles.He comes out at the end of the season and says that the players owe it to the club to be loyal and yet at the first chance he's fucked off to another club.He says when he joins he has a five year plan yet three years into this plan he's gone.The squad and even more so himself,Get cheered profusely at the last home game of the season and there is "Only One Tony Mowbray" chants going all around the ground,Even though we got relegated,Where else do you get that.
In appreciation of Mowbray we turn out in Masks of him at the end of the season yet now he's basically gone and stuck his middle finger up at us.

Good Luck to him at Celtic but Mr.Mowbray has gone down in my estimation thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Big Mogga's letter to Celtic based website Etims a few years ago

Quote :
'Glasgow Celtic was a Club that I did not know a lot about when I was told that Liam Brady had been in touch with Middlesbrough about acquiring my services in 1991. I knew that they were a big Club with an illustrious history; the first British team to win the
European Cup, and to achieve the amazing feat of winning nine championships in a row.

When I was an apprentice professional footballer at Middlesbrough in the 1980, my youth team coach
would eulogise about Celtic and the great players who had played for the Club. The coach in question was indeed one of the very best ex -Celts; his name Bobby Murdoch.

By the time I left Celtic on 1995, the Club and more importantly the supporters, had left an indelible mark in my heart, which will never leave me.

I feel honoured to have played in "the hoops" and to have given my all for the Club at very difficult period in the Clubs history. It was a volatile time in the East end of Glasgow what with the "sack the board" campaign and the domination of the field of
the team from across the city. It was a time of change at Celtic, but what stood firm throughout all
of my time at the Club was the belief the supporters had that good times were just around the corner and that the Celts would be "singing in the sun" before too long. Their support of the team on the field was total and the players strived to reward the fans with performances that made you feel as if you were part of a huge family unit - and that feeling of being as one with the supporters could not of been highlighted more than when I was to lose my wife to cancer on new years day 1995. At a time when my life was decimated, and I was as low as any human being can get, the love and warmth I will never forget. Words of support poured in from Celtic folk, from all over
the world and at a time when my life was empty, they helped fill that void with their compassion.

So as I said earlier, Celtic will always be 'my club' and I feel very humble that I played alongside
such great Celts as McStay, Nicholas. Collins, Grant, Bonner and many more, but most importantly that I know whenever I pulled on the Jersey, I gave my all because I knew what it meant to the supporter on the terraces, to be proud to be a Celt.

Take care and God Bless,

Tony Mowbray Hail, Hail FIRST TEAM COACH [Ipswich Town]'
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Firstly, I can totally understand why West Brom fans will be gutted, I would be too, I still remember how I felt the day Martin O'Neill walked out, let down, dejected, rejected and used as a fan of the club but I understood why he had to leave although circumstances where different in both cases, Martin left to spend time with his wife who was trying to beat Cancer while big Mogga simply sees leaving WBA as 'going home' even if Middlesborough will be his birthplace.

Football is fickle, sometimes things get said and its meant with the best of intentions but then certain situations come up, I'm sure Tony Mowbray would have meant it 100% when he said he would see it through, however I'm also positive only one club could change that view, he's not remained loyal to WBA however he himself sees it as bettering himself, the same as when he was poached from Hibs to take over at the Hawthornes

Peter Lawwell NEVER came out and said he wanted Tony Mowbray, Mowbray was on a list of possibilities but never came out and officially said so, so anyone who said he did would need to provide links to prove that statement wrong, if Lawwell said as much, the clubs official website would have had the story, as for Celtic not paying the money for Mogga, quite right too, WBA wanted £2m, fair enough thats their prerogative, however its also Celtic's NOT to pay it, especially when they gave a generous offer to WBA, Celtic could have waited until the 1st of July and the terms of the WBA contract would have changed on relegation so they would only have paid £1m for his services

Football is a vicious circle, for every WBA fan who is slating Mogga tonight for not having the loyalty they wanted him to prove, remember more than likely the next manager of West Brom will also leave a team whose fans will be equally as gutted!

Goodluck to West Bromwich Albion next season, hopefully they will find a manager who will have the same ideas on how the game should be played and help them back up the league

Welcome home Mogga Mines a Pint
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Can't say I'm surprised and not really bothered about him setting the heather on fire next season either!

Sure he'll have you playing a more attacking style of football but your defence is going to come under more of a pounding because of that!
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:06 pm

I completely understand that football is a two way street,I swear I read on the Beeb about Lawell saying that but just checked but I am mistaken.Probs just in the heat of the moment.

Anyway,I'm gonna move on from it.He is no longer the manager of our football club so is therefore unimportant to me now.Good luck to him at Celtic,I'm sure he'll bring a rich brand of football and hopefully Paul Robinson with him.

Moving on,Gaff-what do you think of him bringing Lennon in on the coaching staff?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Brandon Buchanan wrote:
Can't say I'm surprised and not really bothered about him setting the heather on fire next season either!

Sure he'll have you playing a more attacking style of football but your defence is going to come under more of a pounding because of that!

Mate where have you been for the last two and a half years? our defence is absolutely shocking, our attack on the otherhand has also been shocking especially the last year, so I doubt big Mogga will make the defence much worse, what he will do is rejuvinate our attack which makes me ultra positive
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:

Mate where have you been for the last two and a half years? our defence is absolutely shocking, our attack on the otherhand has also been shocking especially the last year, so I doubt big Mogga will make the defence much worse, what he will do is rejuvinate our attack which makes me ultra positive

8) Didn't want to have a go at your defece too much as they are, as you say, completely honking - especially my personal fave... Lee Naylor! How the fook that boy has managed to stay in a team that plays in the Champs League I have no idea!!

If I was a Celtic fan (thankfully I'm not! geek ), my main hope would be that he goes nowhere near trying to sign Steven Fletcher - he is the most overrated to come off the Hobos conveyor belt of "talent"!!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Mat143(Mike hill) wrote:
I completely understand that football is a two way street,I swear I read on the Beeb about Lawell saying that but just checked but I am mistaken.Probs just in the heat of the moment.

Anyway,I'm gonna move on from it.He is no longer the manager of our football club so is therefore unimportant to me now.Good luck to him at Celtic,I'm sure he'll bring a rich brand of football and hopefully Paul Robinson with him.

Moving on,Gaff-what do you think of him bringing Lennon in on the coaching staff?

Not really that sure on Lenny to be honest with you, don't see what he brings, never really heard anything about him as far as coaching is concerned, as long as Granty is home and Venus comes then it should be alright, you can keep Robbo though ha, never rated him, think where after Fortune though from whatever club he is actually contracted too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Celtic get Mogga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic get Mogga!   Celtic get Mogga! Empty

Back to top Go down

Celtic get Mogga!
Page 1 of 1