Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Greatest Fued Ever

Go down 
+13
Grecian
thedmd
SteRDLK
yarmouthblade
associatedpress
Discopants
Dr. Oznog
JohnReid1
the-gaffer
jlewallen
boschbourne06
C4lum
thegunman84
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:29 am

Basically, was wondering which fued everybody would consider to be the greatest of all time. Not necessarily based on the matches (although that could be a contributing factor), but more on the way the storyline played out.

For me, I think it has to be Bret Hart vs Owen Hart. A classic tale of sibling rivalry, with Owen as the younger brother, jealous of Bret's success, and determined to show that he is the better of the two. They faced each other at Wrestlemania X where Owen scored a clean win over Bret, which was a shock seeing as Owen wasn't any more than a midcard talent at the time. That same night they had Bret win the WWE title, which led to Owen's joy at beating his brother, to his jealousy growing even further.

They clashed several times after that, including a magnificent Steel Cage match at SummerSlam 94. A match which has been the basis for the working of many cage matches since, and in my opinion has never been matched for the level of sheer drama that they managed to produce in that situation. Owen's heat also grew big time, when Bret faced Bob Backlund in an I Quit match for the WWE title. Owen gave a really emotional plea to his mother to throw in the towel for Bret, asking her to think of his well-being. Helen Hart threw in the towel, and Owen revealed that it was all a con by him, and he never really gave a shit about what happened to bret, only that he lost his precious WWE title. Eventually the fued wrapped up with Bret getting the big win over his brother.

This fued was an epic, emotional rollercoaster ride, which really helped to elevate Owen who had never looked more than a lower midcard talent til this point, and this is what I consider to be the greatest fued of all time.

Anybody else got one?
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:51 am

Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho last year i would actually put down as my personal favourite, maybe because it's still fresh in the mind but right now i can't think of one I’ve enjoyed more.

Turning Chris Jericho into his current character was absolute genius, and what better way to turn him heel then putting him against Shawn Michaels

What was so great about this feud was that Jericho was right in everything he said, yet the fans would continually cheer on HBK

Credit to both of them for making the story feel so real and personal, not only that but the matches were great
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Good choice. I think that really was the only thing keeping me interested in WWE last year, it really was one of those fueds where you didn't want to miss a thing.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:15 pm

i enjoyed Eddie vs Kurt Angle at wrestlemania it was a really good feud it had Eddie had the WWE title, Kurt wanted it. kurt didn't think eddie and his morals were representing the company the way it should be represented. the match was a good match and the ending i didnt expect

Edit: Just looking to watch it online and look what came up http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A9FJujcz2PpJUX0BjgxMxQt.;_ylv=3?qid=20090501032820AAaNYDt please tell me he's joking

Last edited by boschbourne06 on Fri May 01, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:16 pm

angle vs oryon
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:25 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:
i enjoyed Eddie vs Kurt Angle at wrestlemania it was a really good feud it had Eddie had the WWE title, Kurt wanted it. kurt didn't think eddie and his morals were representing the company the way it should be represented. the match was a good match and the ending i didnt expect

Edit: Just looking to watch it online and look what came up http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A9FJujcz2PpJUX0BjgxMxQt.;_ylv=3?qid=20090501032820AAaNYDt please tell me he's joking
taking th piss out o That guy must be taking the piss

I enjoyed that match and build up, the only problem I have is that the fued didn't last long enough, as it really had the potential to be huge.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:31 pm

lol

if that feud would have went on longer then it would have been up there with everyone i would have loved to have seen it go on longer its on my list at the top with some others also i think this really put eddie up there
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:45 pm

I think Stone Cold vs Mr McMahon would need to be pretty high up the list, along with Rock/Austin and HBK/HHH

I absolutely loved the Macho Man/King vs The Ultimate Warrior feud from 1989-91 and also the HBK/Marty Jannetty feud which could have been absolutey immense if Jannetty stayed clean

The Undertaker/Kane feud from 1997 until WrestleMania 14 was also must see TV from the very beginning with the Paul Bearer promos
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Even though the Mr McMahon character was basically a rip-off of Eric Bischoff, the blue collar worker going up against his boss was certainly original, and whilst the matches weren't great, the characters definitely made that fued worth watching, and was what swung the tide back in WWFs favour.

HBK vs HHH I felt went on for far too long, it seemed to be the never ending fued. That's also why I wouldn't put forward nWo vs WCW fued, cos they let it run too long and it got boring.

The others there I would definitely agree with, particularly the Macho King vs Ultimate Warrior fued which was the real top storyline in WWF at that time, not the Hogan vs Sgt Slaughter bullshit.
Back to top Go down
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:13 pm

If it was a feud then it would either be the first Kane vs Undertaker feud. Just because there were alot of interaction on raw and then a good match to finish off at Wrestlemania

Also the Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker feud (1st one) with the famous hell in the cell finally match
Back to top Go down
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Location : Deepest, Darkest Africa Number of posts : 119 Favourite Wrestler : Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, Raven, Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Probably McMahon V Austin, so many memorable angles, turns and matches. Rock/Austin deserves a mention as well, the Mania XVII match is probably the highest point of modern wrestling, our version of Hogan V Andre I suppose, which also deserves a mention. Even though I was a big WCW/nWo fan, it's hard to include that as a feud, it never had any conclusive ending, it just fizzled out. Mankind/Rock, Macho/Warrior are also all good.

What about tag teams? Midnight Express/Rock n Roll Express, Edge & Christian/Hardys/Dudleys, Benoit & Angle/Edge & Mysterio/Los Guerreros, British Bulldogs/Hart Foundation.

Also Angle/Benoit's feud which began around Mania XVII, you could say that feud wasn't really settled until the 2003 Rumble because of Benoit's lengthy absence due to spinal fusion surgery. The matches they had were incredible and with them being a tag team for a while later, makes it a worthy mention for me. Plus that Rumble match is still awesome.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm

An old school one but all the same one of a kind for its time, Hogan vs Piper from 84/85
Back to top Go down
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Location : Deepest, Darkest Africa Number of posts : 119 Favourite Wrestler : Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, Raven, Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:54 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
An old school one but all the same one of a kind for its time, Hogan vs Piper from 84/85

Great feud, it made the first wrestlemania, it was just a little unfortunate that Hogan and Piper were so unwilling to do some real business with each other, neither would do a clean job. Did you ever see any of the Piper/Hogan WCW feud? Total balls in comparison No
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:17 am

Yea I caught a bit of it, didn't see much of it at the time but it was something I sought out years later and was really disappointed even though I knew by that time Piper wasn't anywhere near how great he was, although Hogan was considerably better
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptySat May 02, 2009 12:26 am

The monday night wars I reckon, as real as it gets and it's incredible to think there was two super-companies operating at the very highest level at once, why couldn't they pace themselves Sad
Back to top Go down
associatedpress
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
associatedpress

Location : Ky Number of posts : 29 Favourite Wrestler : Owen Hart

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:36 am

The greatest feud in the attitude era would have to be between Rock and Austin, even from its early beginnings when the two fought week after week over the intercontinental championship. Both of these legends had started their way to the top feuding against each other, and I remember tuning into raw week after week to watch the hatred between these 2 grow towards one another. Especially the infamous bridge incident, where not only the coveted intercontinental belt was tossed into the river, but there was also a supposed disposal of Austin via the people's champ.
Even after years of fighting each other, once as mid carders, to the main event status, the feud and the fights just got bigger and better. Especially when the 2 headlined both Wrestlemania 15 and 17 to fight for the rights of the heavyweight championship. This feud helped keep the WWE on top and alive for fans to continue to enjoy.

(The Bret Hart and Owen Hart feud was also a close first! Only if Owen would of got the push he deserved)
Back to top Go down
yarmouthblade
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event

Number of posts : 164

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:21 pm

yeah i would agree with you that the owens fued was pretty good.
but a close second would be between vince mcmanne and stone cold that two was quite good.
Back to top Go down
SteRDLK
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
SteRDLK

Location : Salford Number of posts : 110 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Edge
CM Punk
William Regal

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:06 am

During my time as a fan, there have been a few brilliant feuds

Rock vs HHH - Rock was the perfect good guy, HHH was the perfect bad guy. Throw in some brilliant matches (Iron Man Match etc)
Rock vs Austin - Topped the greatest Pay Per View ever, the build to this match was incredible, with both guys confronting each other, cutting amazing promos and doing each others finishers, even getting Debra involved didnt harm it.
Hardys vs Dudleys vs Edge and Christian - The greatest tag team feud ever culminated in the greatest tag team match ever at the greatest Pay Per View ever
Edge vs John Cena - Made both guys legit main eventers, and was the best feud of 2006. Litas involvement is severely underestimated in my opinion
Undertaker vs Batista - Although not the greatest promos, some absolutely incredible matches made for a thoroughly entertaining feud, by far the best of 2007
Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels - Chris Jericho outshined Michaels. That says a lot. His heel turn was perfectly done, and although the matches weren't as interesting as the promos, they were still of a high quality. Especially the ladder match the two had.
Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - I am a guy who, when the feud started, didnt think HBK had a chance of winning. Then, as the feud built week by week, I eventually believed he had a chance. Then the match occurred, and the match was unbelievably incredible and I marked out throughout

Best feud? I would say a tie between Rock vs Austin, and Jericho vs Michaels. Its hard to choose.

Future feuds which I look forward to (hopefully) taking place are

Jericho vs Undertaker
Triple H vs Undertaker
Edge vs Shawn Michaels
Randy Orton vs John Cena

I know some of these feuds have taken place in the past, and they were well dont, but I dont think they were done anywhere near to the standard they could be done
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:04 am

Future Feuds I'm looking forward to

Jericho vs Edge
Christian vs Edge
Jericho vs The Undertaker
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptyFri May 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Matt Hardy and Edge involving Lita, because she really lived with Matt and than she really cheated on him with Edge. Its one of the few that was real and then was used in the program.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:06 am

I personally thought that was extremely poor booking, when things are so personal their is no way things can remain professional enough to be enjoyable
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:39 am

Matt vs Edge was a huge disappointment, the booking of it turned from the very real personal issue between them to 'Let's bruy Matt' far too quickly. matt was treated like an absolute jobber in that one, went to Smackdown and got jobbed out even more - even The Miz pinned him, when the Miz sucked! Took Matt a long time to recover from that.

Feuds I've liked...

Rock vs Austin
Vince vs Austin
Bret Hart vs Owen
Bret vs HBK
Edge vs Undertaker
Matt Hardy vs MVP (a great example of a mid-card feud that elevated both, shame Matt's appendix stopped it before it's proper finish)
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:30 am

The E&C/Dudleys/Hardys feud some great promos from edge and christian and the birth of TLC. The TLC match at summerslam 2000 and Wrestlemania X-7 are two of my favourite matches.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Kane Vs Mysterio.
Back to top Go down
SteRDLK
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
SteRDLK

Location : Salford Number of posts : 110 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Edge
CM Punk
William Regal

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever EmptySat May 23, 2009 5:09 pm

RD25 wrote:
Kane Vs Mysterio.

Thats up there with Kane vs Kane!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Greatest Fued Ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Fued Ever   Greatest Fued Ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Fued Ever
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next