Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Kane: How will he be remembered?

Go down 
+3
the-gaffer
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
InvincibleIleak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Kane: How will he be remembered? Empty
PostSubject: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Kane has been one of the most interesting stars in the past twenty years of WWE, his gimmick perhaps only topped by that of his kayfabe brother The Undertaker. He has been in memorable feuds and stories, some for the wrong reasons, some for the right. He has given us some of our favourite moments in wrestling and some of our worst.

But how will the Big Red Machine be remembered?

It's obvious that his career is coming to a close, his body has been battered and he is in his forties. He has had a massive career in which plenty of changes have come both to him and the WWE, the most notable of course the loss of the legendary mask.

When Kane first joined the company it was explosive, for some the most memorable moment in WWE history when Jane appeared and ripped the door of the hell and the cell, nobody can deny it was impressive, overwhelming and would cement Kane in WWE history no matter what happened. He was incredibly popular, his gimmick massivly over.

When Kane lost the mask most see it as the turning point in the career of Kane, he lost the mysterious factor, it made him look stupid when he had no burns, his voice was fine. And maybe from that point onwards he lost a lot of respect, the Kane character wasn't as big as it once was, unlike The Undertaker.

For years now he has been a glorified jobber, living on his past acomplishments, any attempts of rejuvenating his career seem to have failed. The ECW move probably the only one WWE pulled off well, he has almost been the guinea pig of WWE, using him to test out wacky stories. The Katie Vick inccident comes to mind.

It's pretty amazing that someone so big in WWE, and somone so massive in the history has only had one world title reign. And that was for one day!

Will Kane be remembered for the incredible debut, the hype surrounding him. Or will he be remembered for the tried and failed attempts at getting him over again or will he just be remembered as the man who brought us a new and interesting gimmick and played it to perfection.

Kane: How will he be remembered? Kane_00handout
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 7:21 pm

I see him being remembered for his new and interesting gimmick that he played to perfecton. As you say masked Kane was massively over with the crowds and i reckon people will remember this and his WWE entrance. Although in the long-run it hurt WWE badly, the Attitude Era was ridiculously popular with the fans, so it's inevitable that people will remember the Attitude Era Kane most of all.

It makes me laugh when people go on about Kane deserving one more push and how he should put the mask back on as the guy is clearly past his best and trying to relive the past, masked Kane, the Attitude Era etc would be a stupid move as the WWE should be focused on moving forward. However, the fact that these desires occur in fans is a testament to how popular the era was, thus masked Kane will be the remembered Kane i believe.

Since then he may have become a glorified jobber but i think generally people will want to remember the 'good days' of Kane and although his jobbing may have had more of a positive impact on the company, helping to put many stars over, i feel masked Kane will always be more remembered. Oh and yes he should have had more title reigns but who said WWE was fair?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:03 pm

I think Kane will be remembered for having one of the best gimmicks ever in the WWE

From 1997-2002 he was one of the most over guys and should at least have had one decent run as World Champion.

His time since 2002 though will be filled with what ifs, but still, he should be remembered in the same light as The Undertaker and I felt that between 1997-2002 he was actually much better and more enjoyable in the ring than his 'brother'
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 pm

He was never a particularly good worker, but his gimmick has always been over. People think that his character was harmed by the loss of his mask, when infact he had been struggling for a long time before that, the removal of the mask actually rejuvenated his character, but then booking fucked all that up. I think he'll be remembered as an incredibly popular wrestler, even though he was basically a jobber to the stars.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm

I wouldn't say he was a poor worker, not by any means, he was always capable of holding his own in big matches and was very mobile for a man his size!
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 pm

I think what Kane is very good, especially in recent years, in making his oppenants look good, I think he can always be counted on, along with the likes of Shawn Michaels, the Undertaker, Chris Jericho and even Matt Hardy to make his oppenants look good.

It may just be the name factor, but I believe he is very good at that job. Also his diving clothesline still looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:19 am

I think he's been a terrible worker for about the last 4-5 years, but before that he was decent enough, and could occasionally pull out a good match, nothing great, but half decent at least.
Back to top Go down
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:14 pm

he'll only be remembered if he goes back to the masked Kane and causes destruction across the WWE
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:21 pm

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 8:54 pm

He'll be remembered as a great gimmic, that really should have had another title reign.

Off screen, he'll be remembered as a loyal servant, who helped a lot of young guys out.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Good assessment RD
Back to top Go down
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Location : Deepest, Darkest Africa Number of posts : 119 Favourite Wrestler : Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, Raven, Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 10:42 pm

As a guy who overstayed his welcome. What? Harsh? Oh alright. As a guy who had a gimmick with massive potential, potential which was never really fully reached, although to be fair it wasn't always his fault. Ever since the feud with Shane McMahon he hasn't done a thing of note in the ring or on the mic though.
Back to top Go down
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:11 am

[quote="Dr. Oznog"]As a guy who overstayed his welcome. What? Harsh? Oh alright. As a guy who had a gimmick with massive potential, potential which was never really fully reached, although to be fair it wasn't always his fault. Ever since the feud with Shane McMahon he hasn't done a thing of note in the ring or on the mic though.[/quote

Like you said, not his fault.

Its the stupid WWE writers.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kane: How will he be remembered?   Kane: How will he be remembered? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kane: How will he be remembered?
Page 1 of 1