Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Kane (not a spoiler)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Kane (not a spoiler) Empty
PostSubject: Kane (not a spoiler)   Kane (not a spoiler) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 2:43 pm

I got this months issue of power Slam yesterday, and in it there's a review of the DVD about him that's just come out.

in short, the reviewer is a bit scathing about the Big Red Machine, basically sayng that he's not that good a worker, has had very few non-gimmicked good matches, hasn't improved or adjusted his style since his debut (that's just his wrestling ability, not the actual Kane character), and that this is the reason he's only ever had the 1 day reign as a World Champ.

Which kinda got me thinking - is Kane actually that good? The obvious comparison to make is with the Undertaker - Taker has had some incredible matches, both gimmicked and non-gimmicked (Kurt Angle at No Way Out and Edge at Mania last year, Batista...), whereas Kane in that time hasn't had that many, a PPV match against Rey last year is the only one I can think of.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Kane (not a spoiler) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kane (not a spoiler)   Kane (not a spoiler) EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 3:15 pm

I think Kane 1997-2002 was absolutely brilliant, he could move, he had power strength and a good bit of speed for a guy his size, he also had the look and an aura, so much has changed since then though

He has come off the roids (as have most) and it shows, look at his arms now compared to 1998

He is bald, injuries have taken their toll on him two and nature has taken its course and slowed him down!

Do I think he is or was a great wrestler? No, however its Pro Wrestling, its not all about that, its about the whole package and Kane in his first 5 years had that, I would compare him to Batista, someone of similar size and build, yet you look at what Kane could bring to the table and then look at what Big Dave brings, which is essentially nothing!

Obviously now Batista is considered better than Kane, but in their respective primes I would say Kane had far more depth to his in ring psychology, his matches and his character
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074

Kane (not a spoiler)
Page 1 of 1