Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?

Go down 
+6
RC NUFC09
Grecian
the-gaffer
InvincibleIleak
boschbourne06
RD25
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? Empty
PostSubject: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:09 am

Either CM Punk cashes in, or Edge wins really.

What's more likely?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:15 am

edge winning is most likely
but i think cena will beat edge then Punk cashes in the MITB & wins but i cant see that happening for 2 reasons 1) to obvious 2) cant see WWE letting cena drop the title having winning it 2 weeks ago
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:12 am

I would love to see Punk cash in the Money in the Bank, can't see Edge winning cleanly at all.

But there are two reasons I think Cena will retain; he won the title only at Mania, there would have been no point of him winning it if it was to go back to Edge especially or just drop it

and

recently WWE have tried their hardest to have shocks and suprises, changing stories in the middle if people have already caught onto their plans.

So I can see a shock but not either Punk or Edge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:55 am

I think the WWE title will go to SmackDown!, they have already swapped the women's titles and the US/IC titles, can't see them going the full distance and making it a clean sweep

I also don't think the Orton/Trips feud needs a title, although I think it would and could be a better Power struggle in the same manor Austin/McMahon had in in 99

How can I see it going?

Shane gets pinned at Backlash making Orton the new WWE champion, then Triple H goes crazy and nails every single one of them with a sledgehammer before Punk runs out and gets an easy pin from Orton, it would be fitting since it was Orton and Legacy that caused him to forfeit his last World Title!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 am

I hope the title goes back to Smackdown because Edge wins it, I don't want to see Punk cash it in cheaply yet again.

And although the title only went on Cena at Mania, that's never stopped WWE taking a title off someone. Edge won it at Survivor Series, to lose it at Armageddon, to regain it at the Rumble, to lose it at No Way Out, to regain it at No Way Out, to lose it at Mania. None of those reigns lasted longer than, what, 6 weeks?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:18 am

That's Edge though Grec, thats his character, in 37 months he has won 8 World Titles

he is averaging one every 4 and a half months

Cena is a different proposition, he wins one and generally holds it for a while
Back to top Go down
RC NUFC09
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
RC NUFC09

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:10 pm

I hope Punk cashes in tbh, Edge has just dropped the title at 'mania, and i can't see them giving it straight back to him.

However I would also like to think that Punk may cash in later on in the year, making it less predictable, as it seems that everyone expects him to now with both titles been on Raw.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 pm

I agree about Punk cashing in later on in the year, I would rather he held onto the case for a good 6 months
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:42 pm

I have just had an idea which wouldn't be particuarly predictable.

After Cena wins a grueling match which Chavo intereferes and edge tries every underhand method. Vickie Guerrero comes out and says that Smackdown needs a title and she has chosen to give Smackdown Cena's title.

Then the title is vacated on Smackdown and a King of the Ring style tournament is used to decide the new champion.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Not in favour of that idea at all to be honest, I don't mind titles being vacated for certain reasons and these type tournaments to take place but I really think this would be a cheap way to do it and not one which would go over very well
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:09 pm

I think fleshed out more it could work, obviously vacating for no reason isn't the way to go but I was thinking it could lead to a story with Cena and Vickie but it would need more reasoning.

I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, but I just don't see how they are going to get the title off Cena and onto Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't really see why it has to come off Cena, anyway they have CM Punk their and thats reason enough to get the title back if they really wanted it ASAP
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 2:14 pm

I just can't see Smackdown without a world title for a long period of time.

Oh of course just realised what you mean, I don't want Punk to cash in the Money in the Bank straight away, and would rather he did it like RVD rather than the 'Edge way' so I can't see how they get the title off either Haitch or cena onto Smackdown.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 3:07 pm

But why would it be Cena?

The only way to get a title onto SD without Punk cashing in would be to have Edge go over Cena and although that might be good I just don't think we need another Edge run with the strap even if like most of his runs are only for a few weeks, I'd prefer to see Edge away from the title just now

I don't really have a problem with Punk cashing the case in ala Edge, thats basically what the case is for in my opinion, getting the title has always been sold as the hard part, defending is the easier part, so do what you need to do to get the title, afterall Punk didn't exactly lose the title

I would rather see him screwing over Orton though, at least that way when Orton/Trips is finished Orton can move on to Cena and get the title off him instead
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Am I the only one who thinks CM Punk should challenge for another championship other than the WHC and WWE titles? That would be surprising and if the rumours are true that WWE are thinking of merging ECW and Smackdown, then Punk could either become the only world champion on Smackdown/ECW or if Edge takes the WHC back to Smackdown, Edge and Punk could have a feud over who is the Undisputed Champion of Smackdown and ECW.

This could begin with Punk cashing in the MITB after Christian has just defeated Jack Swagger for the ECW Championship (Punk could also enter the ring before the match and make it a Triple Threat). Anyway, Punk leaves Backlash the new ECW Champion, Christian could then join Smackdown to hunt down Punk setting up a feud between the pair of them in which Punk is victorious, Punk could then move onto Edge.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Quote :
Am I the only one who thinks CM Punk should challenge for another championship other than the WHC and WWE titles?

God yes!

What a complete waste that would be if the WWE decided to waste such a prestigious award on a mid card title!

That would be the death of the MitB right their!

It also makes no sense what so ever, who in their right mind would honestly believe that in a straight choice anyone who choose to be a midcarder instead of going after the World Title, in no way would that be logical or believable
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Also, the ECW title is not prestigious enough to be sought after like that, if someone like CM Punk wanted a shot then it's believable that (in kayfabe terms) he would go to Tiffany and ask for one with Teddy Long's blessing
Back to top Go down
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I think fleshed out more it could work, obviously vacating for no reason isn't the way to go but I was thinking it could lead to a story with Cena and Vickie but it would need more reasoning.

I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head, but I just don't see how they are going to get the title off Cena and onto Smackdown.

This could only work if there was some dispute over who won, like two refs and then while they're still arguing Punk cashes in, creating mayhem, however the whole two refs ting has been done before I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 10:39 pm

They could always go with both of them failing to get to their feet by the 10 count although both could try and get their and fall again yet one ref could say Edge got to his feet before collapsing again, which could make his count void as he broke his 10 count

I'm not sure, I just can't see Cena dropping the strap at all
Back to top Go down
GrayPhantom
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room
GrayPhantom

Location : Saint Louis Number of posts : 50 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:22 pm

I see CM Punk cashing in, but then again I could see Viki getting back the title for Edge
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 11:25 pm

I think most people are of the opinion that it will definitely be the World Heavyweight Championship that will be heading over to SmackDown!

I'm still not so sure!
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:01 pm

The most likely outcome is simply Edge beating Cena but Iwould like to see Cena winning then CM punk runs out hits him with the briefcase Pins and turns heel.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Welcome to the board Reaper, thats a scenario I'd like to see, after Cena taking an absolute beating in the last man standing match have Punk come out and win the strap and have him turn heel then let him open that weeks SmackDown! with a truly great heel promo
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 11:20 pm

The problem is with Cena's "popularity" Punk might actually get a face reaction if he came out and pinned Cena. This is why I think for Punk to turn heel he will need someone or something else.

I think Jeff Hardy would be a good person to use, he's vastly over with the fans. I would love to see Jeff and Punk team up for maybe a month or two before Punk turns on Jeff.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm

as i think gaff said, the orton/trips feud doesnt really need the title, but i think their is too much scope for a batista or shane turn to cost trips the title to then have punk cashing it in.

and after winning it at WM, i cant see cena dropping the title so soon to edge, so for the time being, i see both world titles being on raw until at least the next ppv.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?   Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Title Will Go Back To Smackdown?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next